+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

May 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have created EE profile with spouse accompanying to NO to have better CRS score. I have received Ontario PNP invitation and nomination. Now I have additional 600 points. Can I update EE profile with Spouse Accompanying to YES. Will it create any issues as my original CRS(excluding 600 points) will be decreased and it would be less than the Ontario invitation draw score..

Thanks for your inputs in advance.
Hi, I am into your situation now. Can you please share your experience and what you did? Thanks in advance.

nimz1990

May 24, 2021
Hi all. hope to get an answer for this query. i would really appreciate it.

I got NOI from Ontario tech program. When filling the application, i noticed that i had made a mistake on my date of birth. I was actually born in 1990 but i had mistakenly put my birth year as 1989 in my EE profile. Because of this, my EE CRS was actually 5 points less than what it should have been.

The high cut-off for the OINP tech draw which i got NOI was 467. My CRS at the time of NOI was 466. However, since i had mistakenly entered the wrong year for my date of birth, my true CRS is not 466. My true CRS would be 471 if i hadn't made this mistake (yes the true CRS would have been higher)

1. My 1st question is should i proceed with this NOI from ontario or not? i have a doubt that since my true CRS (471) is higher than the high cutoff for the OINP tech draw (467), i might not get the nomination. Even if i do get the nomination, i fear that it might be treated as misrepresentation down the line by a Visa officer :/

2. In addition, is it possible to edit my date of birth in the OINP application? i tried to edit my DOB in the Ontario ePortal application but it looks like that info is greyed out and cant be edited?

3. Finally, if i do get the OINP nomination by some miracle, is it possible to edit the Date of Birth on my EE profile after i get the oinp nomination? I tried it now but that info is also greyed out at the moment.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Nimz :)

md3612

Jun 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have created EE profile with spouse accompanying to NO to have better CRS score. I have received Ontario PNP invitation and nomination. Now I have additional 600 points.
1. Can I update EE profile with Spouse Accompanying to YES?
2. if i update, do i have to update Ontario as i did not mention that my spouse will be accompanying me during the process?
3. will there be any issue for processing my application for PR if i update now saying that my spouse will accompany me in express entry profile?

Thanks

Reactions: jetender01

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have created EE profile with spouse accompanying to NO to have better CRS score. I have received Ontario PNP invitation and nomination. Now I have additional 600 points.
1. Can I update EE profile with Spouse Accompanying to YES?
2. if i update, do i have to update Ontario as i did not mention that my spouse will be accompanying me during the process?
3. will there be any issue for processing my application for PR if i update now saying that my spouse will accompany me in express entry profile?

Thanks
I have sent an email to OINP and this is the reply I got from them, so this means it is totally OK to change from wife not accompanying into wife accompanying in both OINP & Express Entry; and you will still be able to accompany the wife with you even if the crs score drops; so it doesn't matter as you're still getting 600 points anyway:

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Please note that your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes. You may include your dependents in your application.

You must notify us if there are any changes to the information provided in your application, including (but not limited to) changes in:

· contact information

· immigration status (expiration or change in work permit)

· family composition due to:

o marriage or common-law relationship

o birth of a child

o change of custody of a child

o divorce/separation

o death

Please complete the Change of Personal Information form. Once completed, you must send the form by email as an attachment to ontarionominee@ontario.ca indicating in the subject line “Application Change Notice – [File number]”.

It is your responsibility to ensure your Express Entry profile stays true and accurate at all times. Thus, if your marital status changes prior to receiving a notification of interest, you must update your Express Entry profile with this information.

You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada. Note that a family member includes your spouse, common law partner and children under the age of 22, including their children.

Learn more about the amount of money you must have available to apply (see “How much money you'll need”).

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration

Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development | Ministère du Travail, de la Formation et du Développement des compétences

Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

4th floor | 4e étage

400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University
Toronto ON
M7A 1V4

Tel | Tél. : (416) 327-0374

Email | Courrier électronique : ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

Website | Portail : www.ontario.ca/OINP | www.ontario.ca/POCI

md3612

Jun 11, 2019
Hey guys, sorry I didn’t follow this thread for a while. Unfortunately I can’t give you any experience on this as I got ITA directly (with my wife non-accompanying) and didn’t follow this PNP path. Wish you all the best with your applications and share with us how it goes.
is it OK to mention Spouse accompanying after receiving the ITA and while submitting the application?

md3612

Jun 11, 2019
I have sent an email to OINP and this is the reply I got from them, so this means it is totally OK to change from wife not accompanying into wife accompanying in both OINP & Express Entry; and you will still be able to accompany the wife with you even if the crs score drops; so it doesn't matter as you're still getting 600 points anyway:

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Please note that your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes. You may include your dependents in your application.

You must notify us if there are any changes to the information provided in your application, including (but not limited to) changes in:

· contact information

o birth of a child

o divorce/separation

o death

Please complete the Change of Personal Information form. Once completed, you must send the form by email as an attachment to ontarionominee@ontario.ca indicating in the subject line “Application Change Notice – [File number]”.

It is your responsibility to ensure your Express Entry profile stays true and accurate at all times. Thus, if your marital status changes prior to receiving a notification of interest, you must update your Express Entry profile with this information.

You must have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members when you settle in Canada. Note that a family member includes your spouse, common law partner and children under the age of 22, including their children.

Learn more about the amount of money you must have available to apply (see “How much money you'll need”).

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l’immigration

Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development | Ministère du Travail, de la Formation et du Développement des compétences

4th floor | 4e étage

Toronto ON
M7A 1V4

Email | Courrier électronique : ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

Thank you so much for your response.
i already have my nomination mentions Spouse not accompanying. So, if i update Spouse accompanying while submitting my application and inform Ontario authority to include Spouse in accompanying family members using the change personal information, i should be good to complete submitting application and get my PR.?

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021
Just rememer to say spouse accompanying to yes in oinp otherwise it will lead to issues.
I mentioned spouse as non accompanying in OINP profile. After I got the points, I e-mail OINP and asked if I can add my spouse and they said they have no objection. So before ITA, I added my spouse and received ITA.
Will this be an issue?

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021
I added my spouse and received an ITA but I'm not sure about LOE and if we write one, what has to be written in it. I wrote to IRCC twice and received two different replies, but none answered the question. Although when I called them , I was told that spouse can be added. Maybe you could also try writing them and share with us.
Did you get ITA? Did you face any issues after adding your spouse pre-ITA? Has your application been approved? Did you submit a LOE?
Please share your experience for people in the same boat.

Sandy51093

Feb 9, 2020
Hi looking for guidance...
I received my OINP today and I'm planning to submit my documents by Sep 2021 (30 days to accept the invitation and 60 days to submit doc) I plan to add my spouse in Dec (Wedding is gonna be in Dec )

So just to clarify... I have to inform OINP via email that my marital status is changed and I wish to add my spouse as accompanying. And also go for case specific enquiry in CIC for change in marital/ family status and submit additional documents (Marriage certificate, proof of fund, proof of relationship)

Is this correct? Or am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.

eesha89

Jul 30, 2021

Hello,

· contact information

o birth of a child

o divorce/separation

o death

Sincerely,

4th floor | 4e étage

Toronto ON
M7A 1V4

Hi, can you confirm if you wrote this email before nomination ( during the OINP application) or after receiving the nomination and before the ITA?

eesha89

Jul 30, 2021
I mentioned spouse as non accompanying in OINP profile. After I got the points, I e-mail OINP and asked if I can add my spouse and they said they have no objection. So before ITA, I added my spouse and received ITA.
Will this be an issue?
Hey.. when they said they have no issues adding your spouse, did they make you edit your application ( OINP) or made those changes themselves? The only reason I ask is that your OINP and EE profiles should ideally be the same and even after receiving nomination, OiNP updates your profile as spouse accompanying, then I think this is full proof.

rajn

Feb 15, 2018

Hello,

· contact information

o birth of a child

o divorce/separation

o death

Sincerely,

4th floor | 4e étage

Toronto ON
M7A 1V4

Perfect...

AzizQuad

Aug 3, 2021
I added my spouse and received an ITA but I'm not sure about LOE and if we write one, what has to be written in it. I wrote to IRCC twice and received two different replies, but none answered the question. Although when I called them , I was told that spouse can be added. Maybe you could also try writing them and share with us.
Hi, Are you through by doing this? Did you face any issue during the process? Kindly confirm. I am also in the same boat and thinking of using the same approach.