+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

sohailirfan

Jun 12, 2016
We just got nominated by adding spouse accompanying. Before adding spouse, we had 469 when the oinp draw range was between 466 - 475. After adding spouse, our point dropped to 466 which is still within the range (not so sure if it matters). Hope it helps!
Yes I think it doesnt matter afterwards once you got nomination as it adds up 600 so doesnt even matter later.

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
Yes I think it doesnt matter afterwards once you got nomination as it adds up 600 so doesnt even matter later.
hi,
how can we justify this scenario !!

with accompanying 469 points in EE. This score was the reason to get NOI from Ontario. If i add dependents to accompanying in EE profile, first place itself we wont be getting NOI from Ontario right !!! how can we prove to VO if he questions ?

Also i sent an email to oinp team, they said once nomination even though dependents accompanying or not, our points stays with us.

Thanks

Reactions: astraldust

sohailirfan

Jun 12, 2016
Y
hi,
how can we justify this scenario !!

with accompanying 469 points in EE. This score was the reason to get NOI from Ontario. If i add dependents to accompanying in EE profile, first place itself we wont be getting NOI from Ontario right !!! how can we prove to VO if he questions ?

Also i sent an email to oinp team, they said once nomination even though dependents accompanying or not, our points stays with us.

Thanks
Yes thats what I think it worked for others as they give nomination to principal applicant name.

Reactions: rajn

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Yes this is perfectly legal and works great! I am through by doing the same. Oinp does not take any info from express entry system. It has a separate portal to access candidates. You will be asked the same question in your oino whether your spouse want to accompany you. Say yes there despite whatever you have put in your express entry profile doesnot matter this is separate. When the processing finishes and you receive 600 points, edit express entry profile to say spouse accompanying and there you are!

Hope it helps
Appreciate for your sharing. I guess you've already got your PR? Hope everything has been fine!

I'm currently preparing the application for nomination to OINP. Whether to put my wife and dependent child as accompanying in this application is something I've been contemplating because I put non-accompanying in EE profile. Looks to me, in your case you put yes in the nomination application. I would probably do so based on my understanding of answers in this thread but my doubt is that does it matter if my wife doesn't have a valid IELTS? As you may still remember, in OINP they ask "Has your spouse or common-law partner completed any language tests?" if you say YES to your spouse accompanying. Shall I put NO? I suppose this is fine.

Look forward to your response.

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Hello,
I've received OINP NOI Tech Draw on 29/07/2020. My CRS is 463 and NOC is 2174. Though I'm married I had applied on EE portal as a single applicant (Spouse Non-Accompanying). I'm in the process of filing my OINP application.
I read comments on the thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-update-spouse-accompanying-to-yes-after-receiving-oinp-nomination.621722/
This was a really interesting finding.
I'm in two minds about adding my spouse after getting the OINP Nomination.
I just wanted to know how this worked for you guys? Did anyone ever face any issues with this approach or foresee any problems in the future?
Hi. How's your application going? Have you got the nomination and ITA? Did you say YES or NO to the spouse accompanying in OINP application? I just received NOI and in the process of preparing the nomination application. I'm carefully considering this decision as I got NOI based on EE profile without spouse.

Please share your experience. Thanks!

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Hi Rajn, have you recieved your nomination? I have receieved my oinp invitation today, cutoff 462-470, My score is 462 and i created my EE profile spouse not accompanying, if i add my wife its dropping to 457. Wondering if i can apply for OINP with spouse accompanying and later change my Express entry profile after the nomination from oinp?
Hello friend. What did you do eventually in OINP application? I'm in the same boat.

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
Hello friend. What did you do eventually in OINP application? I'm in the same boat.
Hey hi,

In the OINP I mentioned as dependents accompanying to YES and finally I received nomination from oinp.

Later i in the draw I got ITA, I modified the EE profile to dependents accompanying to YES ( initially it was NO).

In the Facebook page everyone saying this will be treated as misrepresentation. Fully in confusion.

Reactions: astraldust

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Hey hi,

In the OINP I mentioned as dependents accompanying to YES and finally I received nomination from oinp.

Later i in the draw I got ITA, I modified the EE profile to dependents accompanying to YES ( initially it was NO).

In the Facebook page everyone saying this will be treated as misrepresentation. Fully in confusion.
Thanks for updating. I fully understand your confusion and worry. Sounds to me that we can do like this but there would be risk later on as you said concerns from VO? I'm gonna have to consult a lawyer even with a lot helpful information got from the forum. Will update when I'm back from him.

Reactions: rajn

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
During this pandemic times
Thanks for updating. I fully understand your confusion and worry. Sounds to me that we can do like this but there would be risk later on as you said concerns from VO? I'm gonna have to consult a lawyer even with a lot helpful information got from the forum. Will update when I'm back from him.
Thanks...and this might helpful for many

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
During this pandemic times

Thanks...and this might helpful for many
Yeah, if there's anything useful, I'll let people interested in this thread know. How's yours going? Since you've got ITA, I assume you've been doing the so-called e-APR or you've done it?

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Received ITA started preparing documents. Still having 80 more days...
All right. Sounds going well!

Some updates. After consulting a lawyer, it seems that the most secure way is to keep consistency in the OINP application and the EE profile. When the nomination is received, check with Ontario if we can include family members as we have changed our minds. If they don't agree, fine, continue as planned. If they're ok with this, excellent, change EE profile and continue.

This is also the experience of another applicant I talked to privately.

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
All right. Sounds going well!

Some updates. After consulting a lawyer, it seems that the most secure way is to keep consistency in the OINP application and the EE profile. When the nomination is received, check with Ontario if we can include family members as we have changed our minds. If they don't agree, fine, continue as planned. If they're ok with this, excellent, change EE profile and continue.

This is also the experience of another applicant I talked to privately.
Thanks... I emailed oinp team.

Query:

I would like to know if Ontario province has any concerns if I add dependents to accompany now in EE because I have received NOI with dependents not accompanying in EE. However, I received a nomination from Ontario with dependents accompanying.

Response:
Please be advised that your nomination will not be impacted.

My question to you: if you add your spouse will your score decreases below the cutoff of oinp tech draw??

If yes, can you email oinp and get the info pls... I missed out writing saying that I will be below the cutoff.

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Thanks... I emailed oinp team.

Query:

I would like to know if Ontario province has any concerns if I add dependents to accompany now in EE because I have received NOI with dependents not accompanying in EE. However, I received a nomination from Ontario with dependents accompanying.

Response:
Please be advised that your nomination will not be impacted.

My question to you: if you add your spouse will your score decreases below the cutoff of oinp tech draw??

If yes, can you email oinp and get the info pls... I missed out writing saying that I will be below the cutoff.
Yes, mine drops below cutoff if I add my spouse. Why are you still concerned about this as in my understanding, you've got nomination? In your case, I think you should pay more attention to how to explain to VO if necessary. I saw answers in the beginning of this thread. He did the same thing with you but didn't really explain to any party.