Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Could you please also forward me the email to ctomato234@gmail.com
Below is my email to OINP:

Dear Sir / Madam

I submitted my application to OINP in April 2019, where I mentioned that my wife and a dependent child will not accompany me to Canada. At that moment, I planned to sponsor them later when I would get permanent residence and settle down in Canada. However, now I am in a dilemma-whether to add them or not. Is it possible to add my spouse and child as accompanying members in OINP application after nomination at this stage?

In addition to that, if I decide to add them in my express entry profile before the invitation, what is the policy of Ontario? Shall I email or is there an additional form to update this information in the application already submitted to OINP?

Again, thanks for the nomination, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Email from OINP

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Please be advised that only the applicant’s name appears on the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document.

Successful nominees must submit an application for permanent residence to IRCC within six (6) months of being nominated by the OINP. You must include a copy of your Letter of Nomination and a copy of the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence.

Please note that nomination by OINP does not guarantee the approval of your application for permanent residence by IRCC.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

tomato234

Aug 28, 2020
Below is my email to OINP:

Dear Sir / Madam

I submitted my application to OINP in April 2019, where I mentioned that my wife and a dependent child will not accompany me to Canada. At that moment, I planned to sponsor them later when I would get permanent residence and settle down in Canada. However, now I am in a dilemma-whether to add them or not. Is it possible to add my spouse and child as accompanying members in OINP application after nomination at this stage?

In addition to that, if I decide to add them in my express entry profile before the invitation, what is the policy of Ontario? Shall I email or is there an additional form to update this information in the application already submitted to OINP?

Again, thanks for the nomination, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Email from OINP

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Please be advised that only the applicant’s name appears on the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document.

Successful nominees must submit an application for permanent residence to IRCC within six (6) months of being nominated by the OINP. You must include a copy of your Letter of Nomination and a copy of the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence.

Please note that nomination by OINP does not guarantee the approval of your application for permanent residence by IRCC.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Thank you very much.

Tania178

Sep 13, 2020
N =444
A =402
C =439

3a= Nops. Not explained anything to OINP but before submission of profile I crosschecked with OINP through email as well as helpline and they said its okay no issues.
3b= Nops I didnt fee the need to explain anything.
3c= No explanation to OINP
3d= They quitely processed and nominated. Just I was asked for additional document request that my bank statement was missing the currency type field. I had to submit that again thats it.
3e= Nothing explained.

4a= Even before getting nominated. I knew that because of statuses of OINP and Now I have got to know that OINP does not make an issue of your family. they just want you badly and thats why they are giving you 600 points and they are going to fulfil your request to add your family too. its not an issue at all.

4b= nothing notifying to oinp after updating ee profile.

5a= No I did not explain ANY THING to EE at all about all this. I thought I did but I dont see any letter of explanation in my documents regarding this matter that means I did not submit anything although i though I would.
Hi Mr. Amar, your post here has been quite helpful. I have recently got an NOI at 474 score spouse not accompanying. my spouse has done his ECA and his IELTS results are awaited if he gets a decent score we should make the same range of 466-475 as the range which was given an NOI for the NOC I got. Do you recommend changing my EE profile to family and submitting a family application to Ontario? What are the steps I should ideally follow ?

macwwbw

Jul 31, 2020
I added my spouse and received an ITA but I'm not sure about LOE and if we write one, what has to be written in it. I wrote to IRCC twice and received two different replies, but none answered the question. Although when I called them , I was told that spouse can be added. Maybe you could also try writing them and share with us.
Can you please share your experience, adding spouse after OINP nomination ? Do you face any issue?

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Dear Sir or Madam,

Due to the covid restrictions in my country, my wedding ceremony has been delayed which mostly likely going to come up after I get Ontario nomination probably. Hopefully, the restrictions are relaxed.

Can I get married after Nomination before receiving ITA on FSW? what is the procedure to go about this to add my spouse?

I look forward to your swift reply.

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Hello All,

I recently got nominated by oinp but i would be getting married soon would I need to inform ontario abt this and how can I change my express entry to married afterwards
Hi, how did you fix this issue. Getting married after nomination from OINP? THANKS

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Hi, how did you fix this issue. Getting married after nomination from OINP? THANKS
Hello,

I notified ontario of my marriage after I received my nomination then I was asked to fill the change of information form which i did and submitted.I updated my express entry profile and got ITA afterwards

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Hello,

I notified ontario of my marriage after I received my nomination then I was asked to fill the change of information form which i did and submitted.I updated my express entry profile and got ITA afterwards
Thanks. What stage are you now? What document did you attach? Did you attach wedding photos?

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks. What stage are you now? What document did you attach? Did you attach wedding photos?
I am post Aor....No wedding pics just marriage certificate.I forgot to add i attached my marriage certificate with the change of information form to ontario

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
I am post Aor....No wedding pics just marriage certificate.I forgot to add i attached my marriage certificate with the change of information form to ontario
Thanks for your kind reply.

1. Was your spouse asked to submit IELTS and WES to be sure if you still meet up with the range of CRS score for which you were given NOI?

Was the change of information form sent to you VIA email?

When you submitted the change of information form, was it acknowledged by OINP?

My intending spouse didn't do IELTS and WES evaluation.

Thanks bro

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks for your kind reply.

1. Was your spouse asked to submit IELTS and WES to be sure if you still meet up with the range of CRS score for which you were given NOI?

Was the change of information form sent to you VIA email?

When you submitted the change of information form, was it acknowledged by OINP?

My intending spouse didn't do IELTS and WES evaluation.

Thanks bro
1 no
2 yes via email
3 yes

Reactions: astraldust

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Thank you so
1 no
2 yes via email
3 yes
Thank you so much. When I get Nomination, it might take about 3 -4 weeks to get married officially.If I get nomination, and don't want to use it yet till the next 2 draws, is there a way to pause it to get married first before using my nomination addition(600 points)?