+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Thank you so
Thank you so much. When I get Nomination, it might take about 3 -4 weeks to get married officially.If I get nomination, and don't want to use it yet till the next 2 draws, is there a way to pause it to get married first before using my nomination addition(600 points)?
You have about 30 or 60 days to accept nomination.So you can accept after marriage as long as it is within the deadline

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

My current score is 469 but I haven't added my wife and my son to the ee profile. meanwhile we have received oinp (July 29) and submitted on sep 9th which is currently in assessment (submitted as dependents accompanying). OINP cutoff is between 463 to 477. If i add dependents to EE profile then the score is dropping to 458.

question:

1. I have added my dependents to OINP profile and stated as accompanying me. Will this cause any problem as I haven't mentioned the same in EE profile.

2. Once after receiving 600 points from OINP, do you suggest me to modify EE profile with dependents accompanying ?

Thanks
Raj

pradeepdm

Oct 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

My current score is 469 but I haven't added my wife and my son to the ee profile. meanwhile we have received oinp (July 29) and submitted on sep 9th which is currently in assessment (submitted as dependents accompanying). OINP cutoff is between 463 to 477. If i add dependents to EE profile then the score is dropping to 458.

question:

1. I have added my dependents to OINP profile and stated as accompanying me. Will this cause any problem as I haven't mentioned the same in EE profile.

2. Once after receiving 600 points from OINP, do you suggest me to modify EE profile with dependents accompanying ?

Thanks
Raj
Hi Rajn, have you recieved your nomination? I have receieved my oinp invitation today, cutoff 462-470, My score is 462 and i created my EE profile spouse not accompanying, if i add my wife its dropping to 457. Wondering if i can apply for OINP with spouse accompanying and later change my Express entry profile after the nomination from oinp?

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
I am post Aor....No wedding pics just marriage certificate.I forgot to add i attached my marriage certificate with the change of information form to ontario
Hello mate, thanks for the reply always. I noticed that the change of personal information form is to be printed out and filled- hand written*. ( hand written of any change in circumstance). Is that the case with you?

How long did it take OINP to send a reply to you after sending the change of personal info form and marriage certificate, that it has been updated and you can go ahead to get ITA as a couple?

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Hello mate, thanks for the reply always. I noticed that the change of personal information form is to be printed out and filled- hand written*. ( hand written of any change in circumstance). Is that the case with you?

How long did it take OINP to send a reply to you after sending the change of personal info form and marriage certificate, that it has been updated and you can go ahead to get ITA as a couple?
Yes.I got ackn same day

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Yes.I got ackn same day
Hello bro, thanks for always been there to attend to my questions.

1. After the acknowledgment, was a new nomination letter sent to you indicating your name and that of your spouse?

2. What was the acknowledgement mail content like?

Thanks so much, Komkom.

Komkom

Mar 1, 2020
Hello bro, thanks for always been there to attend to my questions.

1. After the acknowledgment, was a new nomination letter sent to you indicating your name and that of your spouse?

2. What was the acknowledgement mail content like?

Thanks so much, Komkom.
I am a lady
Nomination certificate only carries the principal applicant's name

madhuri25

Dec 5, 2019
Hi KomKom,

I am in the same situation as yours, I received 600 points after nomination from Ontario and yet to receive my ITA. I am planning to get married next month and want to include my finance in my application. I am currently in a confused state with the below queries. Could you please advise.

1) My finance doesnt have WES or IELTS, which would decrease my score which is lesser than the range from which i received Ontario PNP. considering this, will Ontario withdraw my nomination after its already added in Express entry

2) My current express entry score is 1068 will this decrease due to change in marital status or its would decrease from my main scores i.e 468.

3) What all documents are needed after marriage, a marriage certificate is enough or i need to re-issue my passport and then submit.

4) i have read in the cic portal that we need to maintain scores because of which we received nomination till AOR. Is that true?

Thanks& regards
Madhuri

Last edited:

Tca

Sep 22, 2020
Hi KomKom,

I am in the same situation as yours, I received 600 points after nomination from Ontario and yet to receive my ITA. I am planning to get married next month and want to include my finance in my application. I am currently in a confused state with the below queries. Could you please advise.

1) My finance doesnt have WES or IELTS, which would decrease my score which is lesser than the range from which i received Ontario PNP. considering this, will Ontario withdraw my nomination after its already added in Express entry

2) My current express entry score is 1068 will this decrease due to change in marital status or its would decrease from my main scores i.e 468.

3) What all documents are needed after marriage, a marriage certificate is enough or i need to re-issue my passport and then submit.

4) i have read in the cic portal that we need to maintain scores because of which we received nomination till AOR. Is that true?

Thanks& regards
Madhuri
I am in the same situation. Where on CIC portal did you read this?

sohailirfan

Jun 12, 2016
So one can add spouse accompanying during nomination or after getting nomination to non accompanying EE profile? and may be get ITA on next draw as now point will be 600+?

Last edited:
Reactions: blackknight12

rajn

Feb 15, 2018
I am just trying this out. Success story people aren't answering.

I added accompanying to YES in OINP NOI and i received nomination with the same ACCOMPANYING YES.

Later i accepted the nomination in EE portal i got 600 points.

then, i changed my EE profile with ACCOMPANYING to YES.

Few are saying, this may lead to misrepresentation and VO may have concerns regarding to this. I emailed the same to OINP team, I got the response saying 600 points will stay with us doesn't depend on the ACCOMPANYING stats.

tomato234

Aug 28, 2020
So one can add spouse accompanying during nomination or after getting nomination to non accompanying EE profile? and may be get ITA on next draw as now point will be 600+?
We just got nominated by adding spouse accompanying. Before adding spouse, we had 469 when the oinp draw range was between 466 - 475. After adding spouse, our point dropped to 466 which is still within the range (not so sure if it matters). Hope it helps!

Reactions: rajn