+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Yes this is perfectly legal and works great! I am through by doing the same. Oinp does not take any info from express entry system. It has a separate portal to access candidates. You will be asked the same question in your oino whether your spouse want to accompany you. Say yes there despite whatever you have put in your express entry profile doesnot matter this is separate. When the processing finishes and you receive 600 points, edit express entry profile to say spouse accompanying and there you are!

Hope it helps
Hi do you have any idea on this:

what if somebody gets married after receiving the ITA from OINP? what happens after that?

kindly help if you know, thanks in advance.

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I'm still undecided, but I've asked Ontario regarding the same issue, and their reply is as below;

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Please be advised that only the applicant’s name appears on the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document.

Successful nominees must submit an application for permanent residence to IRCC within six (6) months of being nominated by the OINP. You must include a copy of your Letter of Nomination and a copy of the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence.

Please note that nomination by OINP does not guarantee the approval of your application for permanent residence by IRCC.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Maybe u can call IRCC. I called OINP and they said OK to add spouse. Use an app or another phone to record the calls just in case.

Reactions: tar86

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Maybe u can call IRCC. I called OINP and they said OK to add spouse. Use an app or another phone to record the calls just in case.
I think better way to keep the record is email. What’s the email ID of IRCC for general queries. Do you have any idea?

Dec 9, 2019
I'm still undecided, but I've asked Ontario regarding the same issue, and their reply is as below;

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

Please be advised that only the applicant’s name appears on the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document.

Successful nominees must submit an application for permanent residence to IRCC within six (6) months of being nominated by the OINP. You must include a copy of your Letter of Nomination and a copy of the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document. You can also include your spouse and dependents in your application for permanent residence.

Please note that nomination by OINP does not guarantee the approval of your application for permanent residence by IRCC.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Hi.... can you share the sample of email you sent to Ontario regarding this? My email id is caakhilprashar@gmail.com. thanks in advance.

Tanvirk

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I am about to submit Ontario application. Got NOI alone. Shall I submit Ontario application alone or with spouse.
PS :- my crs will drop drastically if spouse included.

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have created EE profile with spouse accompanying to NO to have better CRS score. I have received Ontario PNP invitation and nomination. Now I have additional 600 points. Can I update EE profile with Spouse Accompanying to YES. Will it create any issues as my original CRS(excluding 600 points) will be decreased and it would be less than the Ontario invitation draw score..

Thanks for your inputs in advance.
I have same situation.
I did not add my spouse as accompanying while filling oinp application and have received nomination as non accompanying.
Can I now add him in Express entry profile before ITA. Shall we ask/inform IRCC about this.

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have same situation.
I did not add my spouse as accompanying while filling oinp application and have received nomination as non accompanying.
Can I now add him in Express entry profile before ITA. Shall we ask/inform IRCC about this.
Please reply on this. I wish to make changes before next ITA.

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018

Dear Madam/Sir,

@tar86 did you add spouse accompanying in OINP application or added in Express entry profile only after nomination ?

I have received nomination but had entered spouse as non accompanying in Express entry profile as well as while filling oinp application to have higher crs.
Now as I have enough points because of oinp nomination, can I just add my spouse as accompanying directly in Express entry profile before receiving ITA or is there anything to be notified to/confirmed with oinp?

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I did B. Just before receiving nomination, i changed to spouse accompanying and lost some points but when I got nomination and accepted it, I got ITA in next draw. I also added an explanation while submitting PR application in EE that my points were less so I selected spouse not accompanying but I got nomination thus added spouse accompanying.

Make sure to add spouse accompanying in OINP application as EE verifies the family members are added in pnp if you select spouse accompanying later in EE. If not, you have to ask OINP to add them as additional request.
Hi,

I had not added my spouse in the pnp application but as you said we can request to add additional members in the profile, I again have a complex situation.
My IELTS had expired after receiving pnp and the new IELTS score decrease my crs below 400 if I add spouse as accompanying in Express entry profile (excluding current 600 additional points from pnp).
If I request oinp to add spouse as accompanying, would they still consider?
Can I add spouse as accompanying in Express entry profile without informing OINP?
@tar86 did you add spouse accompanying in OINP application or added in Express entry profile only after nomination ?

I have received nomination but had entered spouse as non accompanying in Express entry profile as well as while filling oinp application to have higher crs.
Now as I have enough points because of oinp nomination, can I just add my spouse as accompanying directly in Express entry profile before receiving ITA or is there anything to be notified to/confirmed with oinp?
Please reply on this.

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just rememer to say spouse accompanying to yes in oinp otherwise it will lead to issues.
@Ammarhaider22, what is checked from OINP during permanent residence application processing? Did your nomination certificate had your spouse name along with yours.

I had mailed OINP about this as I had not mentioned my spouse as accompanying in OINP application. They replied stating that only applicant's name appears on the nomination certificate and we can add spouse in our pr application, same reply as previously posted on this thread.
So I believe we don't have to request them to additionally add spouse as accompanying. Please confirm if your nomination certificate had only your name or the spouse name as well.

Sep 8, 2019
@Ammarhaider22, what is checked from OINP during permanent residence application processing? Did your nomination certificate had your spouse name along with yours.

I had mailed OINP about this as I had not mentioned my spouse as accompanying in OINP application. They replied stating that only applicant's name appears on the nomination certificate and we can add spouse in our pr application, same reply as previously posted on this thread.
So I believe we don't have to request them to additionally add spouse as accompanying. Please confirm if your nomination certificate had only your name or the spouse name as well.
@PreetKaur1 Did you get any reply on this ? have you added your spouse? If yes, do we need to explain in LOE about the addition of spouse after getting OINP Nomination approved?

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
@PreetKaur1 Did you get any reply on this ? have you added your spouse? If yes, do we need to explain in LOE about the addition of spouse after getting OINP Nomination approved?
I added my spouse and received an ITA but I'm not sure about LOE and if we write one, what has to be written in it. I wrote to IRCC twice and received two different replies, but none answered the question. Although when I called them , I was told that spouse can be added. Maybe you could also try writing them and share with us.

Sep 8, 2019
I added my spouse and received an ITA but I'm not sure about LOE and if we write one, what has to be written in it. I wrote to IRCC twice and received two different replies, but none answered the question. Although when I called them , I was told that spouse can be added. Maybe you could also try writing them and share with us.
@PreetKaur1 so you also added the spouse after getting the OINP nomination ?
I emailed OINP about the same and got the reply from them that we can use the nomination certificate issued for submitting the PR application for yourself and your dependents. So as per them we can use it and add spouse but I was told by few that if we are doing it we should explain it in LOE also just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: astraldust