+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update spouse accompanying to YES after receiving OINP nomination

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
May I ask ur current status?
Alright so I called IRCC and tried to be a bit smart; the officer said never ask about the time estimated to finalize your application; and then I said I had to ask this question because none-of the stages seem to be moving; so he went and looked at the portal and confirmed that all stages passed except:

- background check
- final decision

Definitely this was his own portal as on my own portal nothing was moving and he said wait as probably the officer didn't update your portal yet

LynzRobz

Nov 2, 2021
Alright so I called IRCC and tried to be a bit smart; the officer said never ask about the time estimated to finalize your application; and then I said I had to ask this question because none-of the stages seem to be moving; so he went and looked at the portal and confirmed that all stages passed except:

- background check
- final decision

Definitely this was his own portal as on my own portal nothing was moving and he said wait as probably the officer didn't update your portal yet
Thanks for the response.
So, it means adding spouse in EE Profile after receiving the nomination, (after getting an email confirmation from OINP) and before the ITA doesn't have any issues. Right?

Good luck with rest of the stages as well!

BillMoses

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Thanks for the response.
So, it means adding spouse in EE Profile after receiving the nomination, (after getting an email confirmation from OINP) and before the ITA doesn't have any issues. Right?

Good luck with rest of the stages as well!
Yes I told you trillion times it should be fine; this is one of the workarounds that not too many people know; so add her and be sure to also inform the OINP about this. OINP does not require degree assessment for wife when adding her but express entry does if you wanna claim points for her education else you can just add her as a wife without education.

LynzRobz

Nov 2, 2021
T
Yes I told you trillion times it should be fine; this is one of the workarounds that not too many people know; so add her and be sure to also inform the OINP about this. OINP does not require degree assessment for wife when adding her but express entry does if you wanna claim points for her education else you can just add her as a wife without education.
Thank you very much!
This really gives lot of confidence and good hope.

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
What happens if the EE/CEC draws your profile (with accompanying spouse)? Can you just reject it since technically, you really want your spouse to be added to the application.

hanzrae2013

May 28, 2021
I don't understand your question correctly. I created my profile as spouse non-accompanying because that was the initial intention for him to follow me to Canada after I have set-up. But our situation changed after I got ITA from Ontario but before I received the nomination, when my husband decided it would be easier to start our lives together in the same country. Instead of interrupting my ongoing application with Ontario, I waited for the nomination before I added him to the profile.

akshaykhadse

Feb 8, 2023
Hello,

I received Notification of Interest on 2nd Feb 2023 for HCP tech Draw. My express entry profile mentions that my wife will not be accompanying me.

Should I follow the same when filing the OINP application?

Can I update my Express Entry profile after I recieve the final nomination that my wife will accompany me?

Please note that cut-off for NOI was 481 and my score is 481. If I add my wife as accompanying now, the score will drop to 476 which makes me ineligible for NOI in the first place. Hence, I want to get nomination while keeping my wife as no-accompanying. Then, update my express entry profile to spouse accompanying after I recieve the nomination.

Ammarhaider22

Jul 17, 2019
Muscat, Oman
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VFS Muscat
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
1-08-2019
Hello,

I received Notification of Interest on 2nd Feb 2023 for HCP tech Draw. My express entry profile mentions that my wife will not be accompanying me.

Can I update my Express Entry profile after I recieve the final nomination that my wife will accompany me?

Please note that cut-off for NOI was 481 and my score is 481. If I add my wife as accompanying now, the score will drop to 476 which makes me ineligible for NOI in the first place. Hence, I want to get nomination while keeping my wife as no-accompanying. Then, update my express entry profile to spouse accompanying after I recieve the nomination.
No my friend. Dont make that mistake. OINP application is like a brand new application not having link to EE application. Treat it as a new application and say your wife accompanying! And let the process continue. Oinp will only need your credentials as mandatory. If you have your wifes ielts or eca great but not required. So continue with wife accompanying with whatever documents you have and wait for process to complete. Once completed and you get oinp nomination letter then go to ee and change to wife accompanying and attach letter.

Best of luck!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello,

Sounds to me like gaming the system.

Ammarhaider22

Jul 17, 2019
Muscat, Oman
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VFS Muscat
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
1-08-2019
Sounds to me like gaming the system.
Here is why its not gaming the system:
Ontario nominations are based on individual profiles. If you get nominated its because Ontario wants your skillset. If you get nomination it means Ontario wants you no matter what. So with you they are willing to accommodate your family because you as an individual is valuable to them so they will try to get you at all costs.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Here is why its not gaming the system:
Ontario nominations are based on individual profiles. If you get nominated its because Ontario wants your skillset. If you get nomination it means Ontario wants you no matter what. So with you they are willing to accommodate your family because you as an individual is valuable to them so they will try to get you at all costs.
Well I beg to differ. I have extremely valuable skills but I couldn't make the cut in OINP - not that I wanted to - but my skills were valued differently by Saskatchewan. So Ontario doesn't want you no matter what - Ontario wants you if you pass a specific mechanism set out by OINP to attract the best candidates deemed by the Government of Ontario. PNP isn't H&C where unique, individual factors are taken into account. It's all done under a grid system - you either have enough points or you don't, and you don't want to be committing any misrepresentation to get more points then you should.

I feel to state that the spouse is accompanying in one application, and not the other, or changing it after the fact, is misrepresentation. OP is probably better off getting PR and sponsoring her later. But feel free to submit these queries to OINP & IRCC - I could be wrong.

Ammarhaider22

Jul 17, 2019
Muscat, Oman
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VFS Muscat
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
1-08-2019
Well I beg to differ. I have extremely valuable skills but I couldn't make the cut in OINP - not that I wanted to - but my skills were valued differently by Saskatchewan. So Ontario doesn't want you no matter what - Ontario wants you if you pass a specific mechanism set out by OINP to attract the best candidates deemed by the Government of Ontario. PNP isn't H&C where unique, individual factors are taken into account. It's all done under a grid system - you either have enough points or you don't, and you don't want to be committing any misrepresentation to get more points then you should.

I feel to state that the spouse is accompanying in one application, and not the other, or changing it after the fact, is misrepresentation. OP is probably better off getting PR and sponsoring her later. But feel free to submit these queries to OINP & IRCC - I could be wrong.
I understand your point but the way I see it as that in the points based system, you mentioned your spouse not accompanying because you wanted to get most points but when OINP sent you the invitation, now your circumstances have changed. You have been selected by the province! Now you want your wife to accompany you because you are privileged to be selected!

Before going this route I talked to a representative in Ontario govt and she said once you get the invitation from Ontario, write what applies to you currently not what you have input in EE. I did that and got here with my wife and kids and my wife didn't have to take IELTS exam or ECA.

If this was playing with the system, the representative would have stopped to think a bit before responding and I wouldn't be advertising it here to help more people. Not to forget there have been many cases who got with their family successfully into Canada without any issues after me.

Canada is not a country that would leave loopholes into systems and not know about them.

May 9, 2023
Can anyone guide me accordingly?

There is a concern that I would like to address with regard to the most recent OINP Tech Draw that occurred on 5th May, 2023.

Prior to this NOI from OINP, I had an express entry profile as a single applicant but on the 29th April, 2023, I got married therefore changing my marital status. I was away from home for my honeymoon but while on this trip, I attempted to make the necessary changes to my status on 3rd and 4th May, 2023. Upon trying to make these changes, I encountered technical glitches when attempting to resubmit my Express Entry profile. I attempted multiple times to submit the new changes but continuously experienced the following error message “Invalid Session”. With that being said, I was unable to update my profile and on 5th May, 2023, I got an email with a new message. Upon checking it, it was an OINP NOI under the Human Capital Priorities Stream which would have been offered to me as my CRS score is 478 but that would have been for me as a single applicant, and I am no longer single.

I would like to know if there is still time for me to change my status and add my spouse to my application as an accompanying family member. I am currently awaiting my spouse’s ECA from WES which would maintain the CRS score above the cut-off of 475 for this draw.

Can you please provide feedback on if I can move forward with adding my spouse to my EE application and then by extension proceed forward with the OINP NOI from 5th May, 2023 with no consequences?