+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel and come back if I have valid status but finish the school?

shahzeb7893

Jun 30, 2020
Then you will not be able to enter Canada as your study permit is no longer valid. You would need a TRV.
Once again, you're spreading wrong information and misguding everyone. If a study permit is invalid/expired but the study visa/counterfoil which is stamped on the passport is valid, you are able to reenter Canada.

Akshay1212

Jul 4, 2023
Hi,
My student permit and passport stamp is valid till september,30 2023 but I have completed my post-graduation in April 2023. I have a valid PGWP. can i travel back to canada? will there be an issue at the airport?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
My student permit and passport stamp is valid till september,30 2023 but I have completed my post-graduation in April 2023. I have a valid PGWP. can i travel back to canada? will there be an issue at the airport?
Do you have a TRV? Your study permit is no longer valid as it expired 90 days after graduation.

Paras Babber

Dec 5, 2023
Hello,
My course will be completing on 14th December, 2023 and right now I am in india. And I am planning to go back in Jan 2024 and apply for PWGP there.
I have my study permit valid till March 2024 and also I have TRV which is valid till 2027.
I want to know if it I will have any problem returing back to canada to apply for pgwp after my course completes.
Can they deny my entry as i have a valid study permit and a TRV but the course is completed ?
Help would be highly appreciated.
Thankyou

Adduaftab

Feb 26, 2022
Hello,
My course will be completing on 14th December, 2023 and right now I am in india. And I am planning to go back in Jan 2024 and apply for PWGP there.
I have my study permit valid till March 2024 and also I have TRV which is valid till 2027.
I want to know if it I will have any problem returing back to canada to apply for pgwp after my course completes.
Can they deny my entry as i have a valid study permit and a TRV but the course is completed ?
Help would be highly appreciated.
Thankyou
Hi Paras,

Im in the same situation, did you get any leads or answers regarding this?

Thanks
Addu

Adduaftab

Feb 26, 2022
So you are in another country and want to travel to Canada? When does your TRV expire? When did you complete your studies?
I am in Canada now and I have completed my course this december.
I want to Travel to India and return to canada in February with the same study permit and apply for my PGWP.
I will be receiving my Completion of graduation certificate on or before 16th February.

I am just curious because will they let me inside Canada since I have already completed my studies but have not graduated.

PS - My study permit, co-op work permit and my trv is valid untill September 2024

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I am in Canada now and I have completed my course this december.
I want to Travel to India and return to canada in February with the same study permit and apply for my PGWP.
I will be receiving my Completion of graduation certificate on or before 16th February.

I am just curious because will they let me inside Canada since I have already completed my studies but have not graduated.

PS - My study permit, co-op work permit and my trv is valid untill September 2024
Yes you can but make sure to take your study permit document with you and you'll be good

niharikapal

Jan 4, 2024
Hi
i also have the same situation. Both my study permit and study visa will expire in 2024 december but i will be done with my studies in April 2024. So, can i go backhome and then i will get my completion letter when i will be there in India. And then i can apply my work permit over there and then return back in June. Would they allow me entry on the basis of my valid study permit and valid study visa which will be expiring in december 2024 given the fact that i am already done with my studies.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
i also have the same situation. Both my study permit and study visa will expire in 2024 december but i will be done with my studies in April 2024. So, can i go backhome and then i will get my completion letter when i will be there in India. And then i can apply my work permit over there and then return back in June. Would they allow me entry on the basis of my valid study permit and valid study visa which will be expiring in december 2024 given the fact that i am already done with my studies.
You need to be holding a valid TRV to enter Canada.