Can I live in any another part of Canada

done

Oct 28, 2013
Hi

I would recommend first that you provide more info like

whats your current status?
when did you receive it?
and if it's a PNP?

it will make easier for them to help you.

as far as I know if you have a PR status you can move anywhere you want and work wherever you want.

good luck

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
done said:
Hi

I would recommend first that you provide more info like

whats your current status?
when did you receive it?
and if it's a PNP?

it will make easier for them to help you.

as far as I know if you have a PR status you can move anywhere you want and work wherever you want.

good luck

whats your current status? PR
when did you receive it? 2012
and if it's a PNP? Yes Alberta

done

Oct 28, 2013
I'm not an immigration expert, I would suggest to wait for Leon's answer

since you receive your PR a year a go I don't see why not.
you tried for a year it didn't work for you, you can move anywhere you want. a year is more then enough.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already replied and said that I don't see any risk to you. Just stay where you are or if you really want to move, then move.

done

Oct 28, 2013
Leon said:
I already replied and said that I don't see any risk to you. Just stay where you are or if you really want to move, then move.
Hi Lion.

I called my lawyer to ask him about my plan

He said not to do it bcoz the risk is to high, less then a month is really to fast.
he mention the risk is even higher to go to RAMQ to notify them on the status change, since I don't have csq they might report to immigration QC.

I asked if it ever happened that they call landed PR and questioned them or even revoke their PR, he said it happened before and will happen in the future.

what I did is went to RAMQ today they really didn't care about my story he just asked me for csq, I told him that I don't have, he asked for the landing
documents, he said it's ok and we won't be subject for waiting period, so my wife is covered and thats the most important thing.

I hope I made the right decision.

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
Dear Leon,

I need help!!

I am about to land in Alberta Canada.. But because I dont know anyone there in AB and because my husband will go back to Middle East to finish his job contact I cant live in AB. I am planning to settle in Toronto with my cousin sister.

will my decision of not moving to AB effect the citizenship?
plz advice

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazishk said:
Dear Leon,

I need help!!

I am about to land in Alberta Canada.. But because I dont know anyone there in AB and because my husband will go back to Middle East to finish his job contact I cant live in AB. I am planning to settle in Toronto with my cousin sister.

will my decision of not moving to AB effect the citizenship?
plz advice

Thanks
If you applied for your PR through Alberta PNP, you should at the very least land in AB and probably stay for a few months. If you applied for your PR through any other immigration class, there would be no requirement to stay in AB.

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
Leon said:
If you applied for your PR through Alberta PNP, you should at the very least land in AB and probably stay for a few months. If you applied for your PR through any other immigration class, there would be no requirement to stay in AB.
Thanks leon....
we have applied under FSW and the form only says " you intend to stay in'' and our consultant wrote AB.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazishk said:
Thanks leon....
we have applied under FSW and the form only says " you intend to stay in'' and our consultant wrote AB.
With FSW, there is no requirement to go to AB just because it was written on the form. You shouldn't go to Quebec, at least not right away, but you can go to any other province you want.

redax

Sep 15, 2013
Leon said:
If you applied for your PR through Alberta PNP, you should at the very least land in AB and probably stay for a few months. If you applied for your PR through any other immigration class, there would be no requirement to stay

Would an AEO be included in any other immigration class? We got our PR visa through AEO, do we have to land and spend time in the province of AEO? Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redax said:
Leon said:
If you applied for your PR through Alberta PNP, you should at the very least land in AB and probably stay for a few months. If you applied for your PR through any other immigration class, there would be no requirement to stay

Would an AEO be included in any other immigration class? We got our PR visa through AEO, do we have to land and spend time in the province of AEO? Thanks.
If you have an AEO, it would be advisable to land in the province of the AEO or at least have a story ready in case you get asked why you are not landing in the AEO province. If your immigration is based on the AEO and if you tell immigration that you are not intending to work at this job, you may have a problem.

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
Leon said:
It also applies in AB but if you just landed, I would recommend staying for 6 months so you nobody can ever say that you used AINP to get in when you really planned to live somewhere else all along. The first poster landed in 2012 and then went home to take care of stuff and is now returning. If you had a kid outside CAnada after PR, your situation must be similar.

1. You may sponsor your kid as a PR if you are living in Canada, no matter which province.

2. You can live in Canada for 3 years to be eligible for citieznship, no matter which province.
Leon
Just going a bit back on my case.. now I am bringing my family into Ontario. I will be moving my stuff from US to Ontario even when I am an Alberta PNP that landed in Ottawa 2 yrs back and promised that I will be finally settling in AB. Then I returned to US
I am a bit concern about not following up on my promise of settling in AB during my landing process in 2012. I do plan to carry emails etc for my job attempts, and my travel to AB this year. But now with actual goods move, could there be a concern about my PR category and why am I bringing my stuff to Ontario border(I do have a job in Ontario) when during landing I had claimed AB as my final destination

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
dear leon thumbs up for ur efforts!!!
i got my COPR yesterday n it says my province of destination is AB and city of destination is Calgary i m in skilled worker category...the question is same can i live somewhere else but AB...wat should i say to immigration officer if he ask me for address n i will give him/her the address of toronto..as i mentioned before my husband will go back to finish his job cobtract.in how many days we will get the PR?