+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I invest in Canada with 120 thousand CAD?

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsef said:
Apart from the fact that they now require about 400,000 CAD for investors, having that sum of money alone is not enough. They require far more money and possessions than the amount you are about to invest. Yes, immigration is a royal pain in the neck.
You are absolutely right. " immigration is a royal pain in the neck"

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012

Thanks for the replies
I think that my heart will stop
We want immigration together
What about the study and then work?
Is 120 thousand U.S. dollars is enough?
What about opening a restaurant or a supermarket
Is there a canadian immigration lawyer here can advise us?
I need any hope

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
You don't need a lawyer to tell you the basics - which is what we're doing.

If your siblings are over the age of 18, they must immigrate separately.

You holding a degree cannot immigrate with your mother or siblings except in extreme circumstances, like you are permanently disabled and unable to care for yourself.

If you want to speak with a lawyer so badly, try googling one in the city you wish to move to and ask for a free consultation. They will do it over the phone or Skype and usually lasts 15 minutes no charge. Any adult sibling, they will probably tell you is an independant case and must have their own consultation.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rtkwar said:

Is 120 thousand U.S. dollars is enough?
What about opening a restaurant or a supermarket
Is there a canadian immigration lawyer here can advise us?
I need any hope

Depending on the location, owning those business might be possible. But I'm not sure it is possible for you to work there. Like I said before, you can talk to the owner of this forum! :D

rtkwar

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
@ rtkwar : Well with just 120,000$ you can apply as an ETNERPRENUR but it will take around 75 months (more than 6 years) for the process to complete,or if you are qualified and your profession meets the required criteria of CIC than you can apply under SKILLED WORKERSm,which will not take more tha 14 months ............. BEST OF LUCK !
You Sure From That rock_khan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wrong. To qualify for Entrepreneur - you still need to be able to make an investment of $800K in Canada and have a net worth of $1.6 million.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
rtkwar said:
no any way for that?
like study or something
(i need dirty and smart lawyer for find way)
Using a "dirty and smart" lawyer can also get you banned from Canada.

You can apply as a student like everyone else. If you go that route, you can go to school in Canada, then work temporarily after graduation if you qualify. Then you may be able to get a PR as a CEC class. Depending on where you live, you may be able to help your siblings immigrate but that's not a sure thing either.

Canada does go as far as to revoke citizenship on people who have lied to get their status. It's not a good idea. Not to mention, if you find a lawyer that's willing to lie and cheat immigration, that lawyer will also be willing to lie and cheat YOU, take your money, and disappear!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
rtkwar said:
I mean that the lawyer may find one thing in the law help me
In my experience, the help on this board is better than a lawyer. I've talked to lawyers about immigration before and their advice was crap compared to the knowledge here - and this is FREE.

You can always find a lawyer who will say yes. They want your cash, nothing more. Some will say yes just to get your money. They will tell you whatever you want to hear.

If you're truly interested in studying in Canada, your 120,000 CAD will help you prove you can support yourself while in Canada and help get a study permit. (Your test scores will determine some as well as your background.) Then you can get a degree that will help you find a job in Canada. You could even try a diploma as a legal assistant, which is much cheaper than a bachelor's degree. With your law degree, it would be easy for you to do.

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
In my experience, the help on this board is better than a lawyer. I've talked to lawyers about immigration before and their advice was crap compared to the knowledge here - and this is FREE.

You can always find a lawyer who will say yes. They want your cash, nothing more. Some will say yes just to get your money. They will tell you whatever you want to hear.

If you're truly interested in studying in Canada, your 120,000 CAD will help you prove you can support yourself while in Canada and help get a study permit. (Your test scores will determine some as well as your background.) Then you can get a degree that will help you find a job in Canada. You could even try a diploma as a legal assistant, which is much cheaper than a bachelor's degree. With your law degree, it would be easy for you to do.
You are right and +1 from me.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
rtkwar said:
Good advice,
How much will it cost me?
It depends on what college/university you pick and what program you pick. I recommend going to a college and doing a diploma program 2-3 year program, getting your PGWP, working for one year, then trying to get CEC PR. That's generally cheaper than a university, although you could look into getting a master's degree to compliment your current degree if you're interested.

Before you ask more about this, you need to figure out a) where you want to live in Canada; b) what you want to study. We cannot decide that for you and in order to give you more helpful advice, you need to narrow the field. It might be helpful to go into the student section and read the threads about different schools and programs.