+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i go out of canada on January 2011, if my work permit expires in May2011?

pauie

May 5, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Can anybody please help me for applying TRV in Buffalo? do i need to pass same requirements required by our Phili. Candian Embassy? I'm going to Philippines on dec 5 and coming back on january 24, 2012, my working permit valid until march 4, 2012 and passport is until may 30 '12, thats why im thinking of working on my TRV first just to make sure and to know if they will grant me a re-entry visa. And also my papers now are in process here is my timeline;

submit application March 9,2011
recvd by cic March 16
In process April 8

I just want to know if WP and passport are ok for applying TRV since im going for vacation and will come back a month before my WP expires.

@michan salamat sa response. i paray that maging ok na papers mo and makabakasyon ka na din ;) mine as well to

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You also need a letter from your employer.

If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:

* A photocopy of your current permit and
* A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

pauie said:
Hi Everyone,

Can anybody please help me for applying TRV in Buffalo? do i need to pass same requirements required by our Phili. Candian Embassy? I'm going to Philippines on dec 5 and coming back on january 24, 2012, my working permit valid until march 4, 2012 and passport is until may 30 '12, thats why im thinking of working on my TRV first just to make sure and to know if they will grant me a re-entry visa. And also my papers now are in process here is my timeline;

submit application March 9,2011
recvd by cic March 16
In process April 8

I just want to know if WP and passport are ok for applying TRV since im going for vacation and will come back a month before my WP expires.

@ michan salamat sa response. i paray that maging ok na papers mo and makabakasyon ka na din ;) mine as well to

pauie

May 5, 2011
Thanks Jobseeker for the response, by the way i have the checklist for TRV application do i need to submit proof of income also? beacause its included on the checklist. One thing more theres a question there how long i want to stay here in canada should I put until may 30,2012? because thats the time my passport will expire. Thanks in advance!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yup. You have to submit documents (if applicable) that are asked for on the document checklist. If you're a worker, you can say till the end of my contract. They normally make it co-terminus with the WP or passport, which ever has an earlier expiration date.

pauie said:
Thanks Jobseeker for the response, by the way i have the checklist for TRV application do i need to submit proof of income also? beacause its included on the checklist. One thing more theres a question there how long i want to stay here in canada should I put until may 30,2012? because thats the time my passport will expire. Thanks in advance!

irogko4u

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 submitted june 21, 2010
AOR Received.
LC2 CEM July 30, 2012 AOR received Sept 30, 2012
Med's Request
Waiting
job_seeker said:
You also need a letter from your employer.

If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:

* A photocopy of your current permit and
* A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

Hi jobseeker, may I ask if possible for me to get re-entry visa from buffalo in person if my employer passed away but may working permit is still valid til 2012. I am planning to go home while waiting my open permit submitted last June 2010. The daughter of my late employer is willing to give me a supporting letter stating that re-hire me as a live-out cleaning lady as soon as I got my open permit. Pls advice me. Thanks alot n more power!

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
@irogko4u,

If you have an entry visa going to the USA then you can apply in person at Buffalo,NewYork for your re-entry visa/trv,if you dont have then you have no choice but submit your application thru mail.i suggest to mail your application at Fort Errie,Ontario rather than in Buffalo,New York for faster processing time, mine it takes only 10days when i mailed my appliucation for tvr in Fort Errie,On. last january2011 ,while in Buffalo it takes a month or 2 for them to process the mailed in applications.,you told us that your employer is already dead and that your employer's daugther is willing to re hire you as a live out cleaning lady. PLEASE REMEMBER that under the Live in caregiver program your are only allowed to work legally in the person that state in your working permit,and you are mandated to work as a LIVE IN. working live out and as a cleaning lady can jeopardize your application for owp/pr. GOOD LUCK!

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
CORRECTION: TVR i mean TRV Temporary resident visa

irogko4u

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 submitted june 21, 2010
AOR Received.
LC2 CEM July 30, 2012 AOR received Sept 30, 2012
Med's Request
Waiting
BOYZONE2 said:
@ irogko4u,

If you have an entry visa going to the USA then you can apply in person at Buffalo,NewYork for your re-entry visa/trv,if you dont have then you have no choice but submit your application thru mail.i suggest to mail your application at Fort Errie,Ontario rather than in Buffalo,New York for faster processing time, mine it takes only 10days when i mailed my appliucation for tvr in Fort Errie,On. last january2011 ,while in Buffalo it takes a month or 2 for them to process the mailed in applications.,you told us that your employer is already dead and that your employer's daugther is willing to re hire you as a live out cleaning lady. PLEASE REMEMBER that under the Live in caregiver program your are only allowed to work legally in the person that state in your working permit,and you are mandated to work as a LIVE IN. working live out and as a cleaning lady can jeopardize your application for owp/pr. GOOD LUCK!

Hi boy zone! Thank you very much for your reply and time. I have us visa but my worry is... How if i can't get re-entry visa? Can I enter again to canada from buffalo? The letter stated that they gonna hire me as soon as I got my open work permit so I can work as a cleaning lady, not under LCP. My work permit is restricted to her mother's name who's passed away. My question is? Do you think I can get re-entry visa even though my wp is under my late employer?

Thanks again!

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hi Irogko4u,

Sorry but you cannot appy a re-entry visa because you do not have a valid work permit to do so because your employer is already dead, and you have not yet been granted an open work permit by the CIC. regardless how willing your employer's daughter to hire you as their live-out cleaning lady, it doesnt make any sense for now.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
why? because your owp is still on process/your case has not yet received initial approval for pr. if you're going to apply for re-entry visa 1st you need to submit your current work permit which is no longer valid because your employer is already dead,and 2nd you need to submit a letter from your employer also.

about my application here is the time line:
APPLICATION SENT: FEBRUARY 23,2010
APPLICATION RECEIVED:FEBRUARY 26,2010
PROCESSING DATE: APRIL 29,2010
OPEN WORK PERMIT APPROVED: JANUARY 28,2011
RECEIVED OPEN WORK PERMIT: FEBRUARY 8,2011
PR STATUS: ON PROCESS

pauie

May 5, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
@ irogko4u,

Hi Boyzone2,

I just want to ask for the comlete address of Fort Errie,On. where as you've said is more convienient to mail my application for TRV, and can you tell me what are the requirements you sent? Because im going to Philippines on dec 5 and coming back on jan 24'12...my passport will expire on may 30 2012 and my WP is on march 4 2012. i really appreciate your response and help.

Thanks and God Bless!

CAMIL

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
tinkermarie and michan same situation to me, im planning to have xmas vacation in phil this coming xmas.i applied my owp and pr last May.My work permit and my re-entry visa will expire july 2012.I phone the immigration yesterday they said that no worries as long as we are holding valid work permit,valid re-entry visa and letter from our employer.And get the OEC in POEA..thats all we need and can fly back here in canada.gudluck to us guys...

sun_14

Aug 22, 2011
wsongco said:
yes as long as you have valid work permit when you came back.. and make sure you have to apply for a re-entry visa from philippines and a letter from your present employer that your still working for them.
[/quot

Sun_14

i have been working in Canada since 2007 of September until now,,, i already submitted my application for open permit and PR. Unfortunately, my mom passed away yesterday (Aug. 21, 2011). If i could go home for the funeral, is there any chance that i could go back here in Canada to continue my work as a caregiver on the same employer? However, my working visa will expire this 10th of September of 2011,,, please give me some advice before i make any decision. I just want to pay my last respect to my mother not to mention that i am the breadwinner of the family and the eldest of three... When I ask the immigration agent whether to renew the contract, he told me there is no need to renew and just wait for the open permit which will be on October.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If when you coome back you TRV is still valid then you're okay. Valid TRV, valid WP, letter from your employer saying you just went to pay your last respects to your mother and that you're coming back to work for them.

sun_14 said:
i have been working in Canada since 2007 of September until now,,, i already submitted my application for open permit and PR. Unfortunately, my mom passed away yesterday (Aug. 21, 2011). If i could go home for the funeral, is there any chance that i could go back here in Canada to continue my work as a caregiver on the same employer? However, my working visa will expire this 10th of September of 2011,,, please give me some advice before i make any decision. I just want to pay my last respect to my mother not to mention that i am the breadwinner of the family and the eldest of three... When I ask the immigration agent whether to renew the contract, he told me there is no need to renew and just wait for the open permit which will be on October.