+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i go out of canada on January 2011, if my work permit expires in May2011?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sun_14 said:
wsongco said:
yes as long as you have valid work permit when you came back.. and make sure you have to apply for a re-entry visa from philippines and a letter from your present employer that your still working for them.
[/quot

Sun_14

i have been working in Canada since 2007 of September until now,,, i already submitted my application for open permit and PR. Unfortunately, my mom passed away yesterday (Aug. 21, 2011). If i could go home for the funeral, is there any chance that i could go back here in Canada to continue my work as a caregiver on the same employer? However, my working visa will expire this 10th of September of 2011,,, please give me some advice before i make any decision. I just want to pay my last respect to my mother not to mention that i am the breadwinner of the family and the eldest of three... When I ask the immigration agent whether to renew the contract, he told me there is no need to renew and just wait for the open permit which will be on October.
Condolence to you Sun_14.

naruta

Jan 27, 2011
hi! Iam changing employer, is there gonna be any prob with my vacation in entering back here in Canada if I have a new work permit application still on going process? but i am still holding a valid one not yet expired from my present employer. I just applied earlier for a new employer because few months after coming back they will be releasing me and I dont wanna be out of status. thanks

pauie

May 5, 2011
hi camil,

kamusta? nakauwi ka ba nag pinas or uuwi ka pa lang ba sa pinas? we have the same situation kasi, ang TRV ko valid until march 20, 2012 and may WP is valid until march 4, 2011 , im going for vacation this coming dec 5 and coming back on january 24,2012 nakita ko sa post mo na tumawag ka sa embassy so ok lang daw ba umuwi?salamat!

pauie

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauie said:
hi camil,

kamusta? nakauwi ka ba nag pinas or uuwi ka pa lang ba sa pinas? we have the same situation kasi, ang TRV ko valid until march 20, 2012 and may WP is valid until march 4, 2011 , im going for vacation this coming dec 5 and coming back on january 24,2012 nakita ko sa post mo na tumawag ka sa embassy so ok lang daw ba umuwi?salamat!

pauie
I believe you are SAFE TO GO HOME & COME BACK as long as you will also bring LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER.

pauie

May 5, 2011
Hi Sydneywhite,

Thank you so much for your response now I'm not gonna think and worry too much of my vacation, I don;t want to move my wedding date again like what happend last year. God bless you, all of us :)

PR application sent Mar '11
CIC rcvd Mar 16, 2011
In process Apr 8, 2011
still waiting...

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pauie said:
Hi Sydneywhite,

Thank you so much for your response now I'm not gonna think and worry too much of my vacation, I don;t want to move my wedding date again like what happend last year. God bless you, all of us :)

PR application sent Mar '11
CIC rcvd Mar 16, 2011
In process Apr 8, 2011
still waiting...
You are most welcome! Best wishes! God bless you too & your Marriage!!!

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask if someone here try to have 2months vacation in the philippines, while their permanent residency is on process under live in caregiver? Because i am planning to have 2months vacation, am scared that they may not let me go in or let me go back here in canada.

Maraming salamat po.

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Present! I went to the Philippines Dec. 2011 to April 2012 and I submitted my application April 2010. I have just had my TRV and valid work permit with me and there's no problem at all....So I guess you can do the same...Good luck!

Andrewm1984

Aug 6, 2014
Hi I received a work permit in April but left canada to return to australia as my father was ill. I've booked my flight to vancouver. What I'm wondering is can I re enter with my work permit? It's valid until April 2016 but says on the visa document that "this does not authorise re entry"

Does this mean this work permit isn't valid any more? Please help