+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i go out of canada on January 2011, if my work permit expires in May2011?

naruta

Jan 27, 2011
naruta said:
... hi everyone... do you think as long as i have my re entry and new work permit ok and not expired then i can go back to Canada? My 2 yrs in on Nov and I will pass my application by that time, but then i plan to go to Philippines on December with my employer while my paper is in process... What do you think about this?
... Another is that my employer will stay for a month and I requested them to allow me up to 3 mos since I didnt go for any vacation for 2 years.Do u think 3 mos is just ok? as long as me and my employer has an agreement provided with a letter that I can show to the immigration officer?
... and Lastly since they said that upon receiving our application they will open it after 2-3 mos, so do you think it would be ok if I will submit 2 mos in advance? like instead of November I submit it on September ( 2 mos earlier) since I am not leaving the country until I completed the 2 years? when they open it ill be on my 2yrs then...
... my work permit and visa expires the same date sept 2011. what is the earliest time they allow to renew everything? thanks
... thank you :-* ...
... calling call center giving me differents answer and i dont know whom i will believe... thanks

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naruta said:
... hi everyone... do you think as long as i have my re entry and new work permit ok and not expired then i can go back to Canada? My 2 yrs in on Nov and I will pass my application by that time, but then i plan to go to Philippines on December with my employer while my paper is in process... What do you think about this?
... Another is that my employer will stay for a month and I requested them to allow me up to 3 mos since I didnt go for any vacation for 2 years.Do u think 3 mos is just ok? as long as me and my employer has an agreement provided with a letter that I can show to the immigration officer?
... and Lastly since they said that upon receiving our application they will open it after 2-3 mos, so do you think it would be ok if I will submit 2 mos in advance? like instead of November I submit it on September ( 2 mos earlier) since I am not leaving the country until I completed the 2 years? when they open it ill be on my 2yrs then...
... my work permit and visa expires the same date sept 2011. what is the earliest time they allow to renew everything? thanks
... thank you :-* ...
... calling call center giving me differents answer and i dont know whom i will believe... thanks
Based on my experiences, as long as you have your re-entry VISA, Valid work permit & letter from your Employer, they would allow you to come back & re-enter CANADA, the longest that I have been on vacation was 4months. Thank God, I have had no problems upon re-entry!!!

tinkermarie

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone, need your advice for those who went through from this situation...just this january nag change employer ako and I passed my application last november 2010..some of my friends adviced to make a ltter and send to the immigration at isusulat ko daw dun ang new address ko...aside from that...anu ang kelangan ko na e provide for changing employer..

Pls help..thanks much:)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Not very clear on your post. You changed employer in January. What application did you submit last November?

tinkermarie said:
hello everyone, need your advice for those who went through from this situation...just this january nag change employer ako and I passed my application last november 2010..some of my friends adviced to make a ltter and send to the immigration at isusulat ko daw dun ang new address ko...aside from that...anu ang kelangan ko na e provide for changing employer..

wisdom71

Apr 21, 2011
michan said:
hi im a live-in caregiver here in Ontario. been working for almost 2 1/2 years with the same employer. i applied for my PR last Aug and Open work permit same month but on the last week. whats bothering me is, i have plans of visiting my family in the Philippines this January, but i don't think my PR application is going to be done by then and my open work permit will expire in may 2011. can i still go back here in Canada with out jeopardizing my PR application?and how can i do it? i don't think my application for extension and open work permit will be done by January. can i still go out of Canada by January even if my work permit will expire May2011? please... i need your help on what to do. is there any way i can speed up my extension and open work permit process? Thanks!
for michan po pala to and for everyone na na-experience na rin.

hi. what happened? were you able to visit the Philippines and come back to Canada without any problem? I have the same situation as yours. My open work permit and permanent residence applications are still in process. I submitted them last January of this year. I also am planning to go for vacation to the Philippines this May. I also have a valid work permit until September this year. Just want to know whether I can come again to Canada without having issues with my application. Thanks a lot. :)

babyq

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo - cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 13, 2011
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
march 2012
Med's Done....
may 2012
Passport Req..
feb 19, 2013
based on my understanding... and according to the experienced ones, once your work permit is on process, you are on implied status. i suggest not to take vacation even if your visa is valid since one of each documents doesnt guarantee of coming back here in canada. but if you're planning o f taking vacation and your visa is still valid and is multiple while your work permit is still valid, you may. at least both documents should be valid aside from a support letter from your employer that you're just on vacation. you know, better be on the safe side.

i was supposed to take vacation too last march but i rebooked my ticket instead and apply for visa extension. now, i am planning of taking vacation 2months before my work permit expires so i have enough time to renew it upon return.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@wisdom- your Open work permit is still in process up to this time?> why dont you try phoning the CIC that is too long!

wisdom71

Apr 21, 2011
Thanks for your replies. @rosellyalung --Sorry, I might have confused you. I submitted my applications (OWP and PR) January 2011. I saw in the cic website that they started processing them last February 23, 2011.

I called the immigration hotline last Thursday regarding the same issue: of whether I can go home for vacation while my applications are in process. The staff I spoke to said that there is no problem. I can go to the Philippines and come back for as long as I have the re-entry visa and other requirements.

Thanks...Hope there won't be any hassles anymore. :)

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
tinkermarie said:

you dont need to inform the immigration (CIC) of your change employer unless you change you residence address...if you stay now with your new employer as your billing address....means you have to inform immigration because thats the new address where they send back your new WP or OWP and PR.

and if ever you change address you can do it online...when you go to CIC website and got to ECAS check application status

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@wisdom-is your open work permit came already?

wisdom71

Apr 21, 2011
@rosellyalung - no. my owp hasn't come yet. They just started processing my application in Feb. 23 2011. And I think I have to wait for at least 11 months.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@wisdom- all of the people that i knew, they have received theirs around 12 months when they passed their open work permit

pauie

May 5, 2011
Hi Everyone!

I'm just new here and glad and thankful that we have this kind of forum where we can find answers to our confusions...

@argy hi kamusta? ask ko lang sana what are the requirements that you send to apply for TRV in BUffalo?
- is it safe to send it thru mail?
- what dates I should put in the period of time that i want to stay in canada question?
(pwede bang ilagay ko yun from the date na ipapass ko yun application ko for TRV up to expiration ng passport ko?) kinda confuse kasi i dont want to be decline on this application kasi this vacation is very important to me i;m getting married kasi ;) and im praying na di na eto mamomove like what happend last yr i was supposed to get married last july but we moved it into this yr.

@michan hi kamusta? where are you now? did you go to phils for vacation? because im planning to go there in december 5 and coming back jan 24, and we have the same situation i submit my PR application this year here is my timeline

Mailed the application - March 9' 11
Received at CIC - MArch 16
In process - April 8
Additional details:
my passport will expired on May 30, 2012
working permit will expired on March 4,2012

Thanks in advance!!! God bless us all=)

michan

Oct 26, 2010
hi everyone...

no unfortunately i didn't went home. i just decided to wait for all my papers to be done. i just dont want to take any risk. until now no OWP and PR.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@michan-when did you pass your application?