+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply PGWP while I am waiting an extension study permit?

taein

Jan 2, 2020
Hi all,
I have applied an extension study permit on Oct 29, 2019 and my study permit has been expired on Dec 6, 2019. And I still waiting to get an extension study permit.

I finished my full time study in the college on Dec 13, 2019 and I received an official transcript and a letter of graduate.

I got a job offer which I stat to work on Jan 6, 2020 it means that I have to get a valid permit or status before Jan 6, 2020.

My question is that as an implied status, can I apply PGWP while cic is processing my extend study permit?

according to CIC,
Held a valid study permit for the entirety of your program and have valid immigration status in Canada at the time of applying for the PGWP (eg. study permit or visitor status)

I am wondering my status is cover held a valid study.

I so serious and please help me.

Last edited:
Reactions: saliljagot

Daljot

Aug 6, 2018
I have the same question, couldn't find any info either on CIC or university wesbiste for this special case. Are we allowed to apply for work permit if we are waiting for study permit extension but have got the necessary documents from the university declaring completion of studies?

fariseh

Apr 15, 2020
I have the same question, couldn't find any info either on CIC or university wesbiste for this special case. Are we allowed to apply for work permit if we are waiting for study permit extension but have got the necessary documents from the university declaring completion of studies?
Hi there,
Did you resolve this issue?
Unfortunately, I have the same question.
My study permit has been in process for 145 days (since No21, Expiry date: Dec31,2019).
I don't know what to do.
Appreciate your input/suggestions.

fariseh

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all,
I have applied an extension study permit on Oct 29, 2019 and my study permit has been expired on Dec 6, 2019. And I still waiting to get an extension study permit.

I finished my full time study in the college on Dec 13, 2019 and I received an official transcript and a letter of graduate.

I got a job offer which I stat to work on Jan 6, 2020 it means that I have to get a valid permit or status before Jan 6, 2020.

My question is that as an implied status, can I apply PGWP while cic is processing my extend study permit?

according to CIC,
Held a valid study permit for the entirety of your program and have valid immigration status in Canada at the time of applying for the PGWP (eg. study permit or visitor status)

Hi Taein
could you please share your thoughts and experience with me? As I have the same issue with my delayed study permit renewal process, and don't know if I can apply for PGWP or not.
thanks for your help in advance

Huong Pham

Jan 5, 2019
Hi Taein
could you please share your thoughts and experience with me? As I have the same issue with my delayed study permit renewal process, and don't know if I can apply for PGWP or not.
thanks for your help in advance
Hi,
I have same issue. is anyone has the solution?
Please share your experiences.
Thank you in advance!!!

Sachin2022

May 4, 2020
Hi all,

according to CIC,

Hi, I have same situation applied on 25 November and study permit expired but haven’t got any update from cic.
Have you got permit?
How long did you ask for extension?
have you added any explanation latter with your application?
Can you tell me details please?

djkuk23

May 11, 2017
False. You can work full-time whilst you wait for the decision on your PGWP application.
You can if you applied when you had a valid study permit, but If the student is on implied status, meaning waiting for their study permit and applies for a PGWP, he cannot work until he gets the PGWP.

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
You can if you applied when you had a valid study permit, but If the student is on implied status, meaning waiting for their study permit and applies for a PGWP, he cannot work until he gets the PGWP.
what if study permit gets approved and still waiting for pgwp? can the applicant start working?

pir4cy

Jan 12, 2022
Hello,
Just made an account to stay updated if anyone has any info regarding this.
I'm in the same boat as everyone here.

From what I know, all we can do is wait for approval on our study permit and then apply for pgwp

Let me know if someone knows otherwise!
Thanks

progga

May 11, 2022
Hello,
Just made an account to stay updated if anyone has any info regarding this.
I'm in the same boat as everyone here.

From what I know, all we can do is wait for approval on our study permit and then apply for pgwp

Let me know if someone knows otherwise!
Thanks

progga

May 11, 2022
Hi there,
I am in the same situation, has applied for sp extension been 60 days but no response, also I just got done with my studies. Just wondering do u guys know if they going to give me study permit extension even though i am done with studies? Also can I work if i apply for my pgwp while cic is processing my sp extension?