+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for spousal visa if I already have a refugee application to Canada pending.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. You will have to wait until you have your claim accepted and then include your spouse during your PR application.

I6 metal

Apr 24, 2018
No. You will have to wait until you have your claim accepted and then include your spouse during your PR application.
No no sorry I believe you haven't understood my question. I have a refugee sponsorship application in which I am sponsored as a refugee currently pending (still being processed and not received the outcome of it) but now I have married my Canadian wife ( which lives in Canada and is a citizen. I was asking that can she apply to sponsor me as her spouse regardless of my refugee sponsorship and if yes then will the refugee application affect my spousal sponsorship. For example will the Canadian immigration officer think that my marriage is fraud and that I have married to increase my chances if being accepted

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure what else you want. I can't guarantee you will get sponsorship. If you have been in Canada for years as a legacy applicant the chances are good. If you have been in Canada for a short period of time like a year expect a lot of scrutiny.

I6 metal

Apr 24, 2018
Not sure what else you want. I can't guarantee you will get sponsorship. If you have been in Canada for years as a legacy applicant the chances are good. If you have been in Canada for a short period of time like a year expect a lot of scrutiny.
No I have never been to Canada let me explain my situation is that I have a refugee sponsorship case pending which means I am living in another country but currently being sponsored as a refugee to Canada, but now two years have past since I filled my application and now my girlfriend from Canada came here and we married. She wants to sponsor me to Canada as her spouse but I am twlltel her that I have a application currently in process so I was asking that can I somehow close my refugee sponsorship application and tell my spouse to start sponsoring me as her spouse.(to start spousal sponsorship application)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Can I apply for spousal visa if I already have a refugee application to Canada pending.

yes they go through your application with a fine tooth comb even have a relationship interview

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No I have never been to Canada let me explain my situation is that I have a refugee sponsorship case pending which means I am living in another country but currently being sponsored as a refugee to Canada, but now two years have past since I filled my application and now my girlfriend from Canada came here and we married. She wants to sponsor me to Canada as her spouse but I am twlltel her that I have a application currently in process so I was asking that can I somehow close my refugee sponsorship application and tell my spouse to start sponsoring me as her spouse.(to start spousal sponsorship application)
Yes, you can apply for sponsorship.

Yes, the refugee app can affect the sponsorship app. Expect much more scrutiny.