+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply BOWP under PNP SINP

lady_me

Jan 6, 2018
Hi Guys, I just want to ask:
I have PR application under PNP SINP, background check still on process, and my work permit will expire this April 2018.
My question is:
Can I apply for a bridging open work permit? Even if I have restriction in my nomination.
And if yes, should I click initial work permit or workpermit in same employer in Imm 5710?
Thank you for your response

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys, I just want to ask:
I have PR application under PNP SINP, background check still on process, and my work permit will expire this April 2018.
My question is:
Can I apply for a bridging open work permit? Even if I have restriction in my nomination.
And if yes, should I click initial work permit or workpermit in same employer in Imm 5710?
Thank you for your response
No you cannot apply for BOWP due to having restrictions on your PNP. You have to apply for a closed work permit which ties you to your current employer until you get PR.

Reactions: vinicius.tb84

vinicius.tb84

Jan 14, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
No you cannot apply for BOWP due to having restrictions on your PNP. You have to apply for a closed work permit which ties you to your current employer until you get PR.
Hi There, quick question about this... I have an open work permit which will expire end of March, I've got a SINP tied to my employer and I applied for PR few months ago. Here is the question, when requesting the extension of my work permit, my employer needs to play any compliance fee?

Tks

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi

Hi There, quick question about this... I have an open work permit which will expire end of March, I've got a SINP tied to my employer and I applied for PR few months ago. Here is the question, when requesting the extension of my work permit, my employer needs to play any compliance fee?

Tks
Yes there is a $230 compliance fee and the employer must submit a LMIA Exempt form online on IRCC website.

vinicius.tb84

Jan 14, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes there is a $230 compliance fee and the employer must submit a LMIA Exempt form online on IRCC website.
Tks for help, and what if I've already requested online my new closed work permit without paying the fee? Can my employer pay the fee while the visa process is ongoing? Or should I withdraw my application and start again after the payment is made?

Appreciate your help...

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Tks for help, and what if I've already requested online my new closed work permit without paying the fee? Can my employer pay the fee while the visa process is ongoing? Or should I withdraw my application and start again after the payment is made?

Appreciate your help...
I'm assuming that you also didn't obtain a employment ID number which you would have gotten if your employer had submitted a LMIA Exempt form and paid the compliance fee.

Well if you still have time left on your current work permit, then i suggest you withdraw the application and have your employer do the LMIA Exempt form and pay the compliance first before reapplying.

vinicius.tb84

Jan 14, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm assuming that you also didn't obtain a employment ID number which you would have gotten if your employer had submitted a LMIA Exempt form and paid the compliance fee.

Well if you still have time left on your current work permit, then i suggest you withdraw the application and have your employer do the LMIA Exempt form and pay the compliance first before reapplying.
I'll do that... thank you for your answer... I would highly appreciate if you can help me with another issue, that I've been struggling with..

My current OWP is attached to my wife student visa, as we came to Canada so she can study and I work. Our both visas will expire end of March. If I apply to my new WP this week, I believe I should receive my new one by end of March, but when should I apply to my wife OWP? Because if I only apply when I receive my new WP, I believe her current visa will expire before she receives her new visa.

Thank you so much,

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I'll do that... thank you for your answer... I would highly appreciate if you can help me with another issue, that I've been struggling with..

My current OWP is attached to my wife student visa, as we came to Canada so she can study and I work. Our both visas will expire end of March. If I apply to my new WP this week, I believe I should receive my new one by end of March, but when should I apply to my wife OWP? Because if I only apply when I receive my new WP, I believe her current visa will expire before she receives her new visa.

Thank you so much,
You must have a new work permit including 3 paystubs from a job which is NOC 0,A or B in order for your wife to be eligible for a OWP.

Is she still attending school? Or is she graduating from school?

vinicius.tb84

Jan 14, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Yes
You must have a new work permit including 3 paystubs from a job which is NOC 0,A or B in order for your wife to be eligible for a OWP.

Is she still attending school? Or is she graduating from school?
No, she isn't attending school at this moment, we've locked her program after I got nominated on August 18th 2018. She is just working as part-time.

I've have been working for same company and same position since September 2017 and my NOC is A.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
No, she isn't attending school at this moment, we've locked her program after I got nominated on August 18th 2018. She is just working as part-time.

I've have been working for same company and same position since September 2017 and my NOC is A.

So she stopped attending school? In order for her to be able to work part time, she should be attending school full time. I hope she is not violating her study permit regulations.

vinicius.tb84

Jan 14, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Yes
So she stopped attending school? In order for her to be able to work part time, she should be attending school full time. I hope she is not violating her study permit regulations.
No, she isn't. We talked with one of the coordinator at school and she can lock the program for one period. Thats why we locked after I got nominated.

And regarding her visa, if I get my new WP around mid March, we shouldn't have enough time to get her visa, since the process usually takes 60 days to get approved. What you recommend to do?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
No, she isn't. We talked with one of the coordinator at school and she can lock the program for one period. Thats why we locked after I got nominated.

And regarding her visa, if I get my new WP around mid March, we shouldn't have enough time to get her visa, since the process usually takes 60 days to get approved. What you recommend to do?
She should change her status to visitor and wait until your work permit approves.