+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can ATIP reveal if our file has been transferred to local office?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Interesting fact,
Yesterday, I spoke with CIC call centre regarding my application.
So she informed me that she can see my second ATIP (first one I ordered 24.08 and received 24.09), I requested that second one only one week ago, I don't have it but she has it.. why ? Why would you make people wait for one month to receive it when they just do it in one week (few days) ?
Thats a mystery !!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Interesting fact,
Yesterday, I spoke with CIC call centre regarding my application.
So she informed me that she can see my second ATIP (first one I ordered 24.08 and received 24.09), I requested that second one only one week ago, I don't have it but she has it.. why ? Why would you make people wait for one month to receive it when they just do it in one week (few days) ?
It has to be checked by a second officer and any relevant information e.g any intelligence/investigation type comments/notes are redacted which is legally allowed. This checking is the time consuming part of the process. In a sense CIC by making ecas useless (it used to show transfers to Local Offices) have forced ATIP requests to spike.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Msafiri said:
It has to be checked by a second officer and any relevant information e.g any intelligence/investigation type comments/notes are redacted which is legally allowed. This checking is the time consuming part of the process. In a sense CIC by making ecas useless (it used to show transfers to Local Offices) have forced ATIP requests to spike.
Even WITH the transfer to local office line, eCAS is STILLuseless as it lacks an up-do-date and detailed status of the applicant. If they upgrade eCAS, the number of calls to the call center and ATIP requests would significantly go down. You cannot expect applicants to be satisfied with "In Progress" status for months and sometimes even years on end.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb8285 said:
Even WITH the transfer to local office line, eCAS is STILLuseless as it lacks an up-do-date and detailed status of the applicant. If they upgrade eCAS, the number of calls to the call center and ATIP requests would significantly go down. You cannot expect applicants to be satisfied with "In Progress" status for months and sometimes even years on end.
You speak the truth, brother.
However, can you imagine how Unions will react if you outsource the call centre's meaningless job of answering nothing to the frustrated applicants ? Unions will go nuts saying - computer took our jobs

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb8285 said:
I agree

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb8285 said:
The only way ecas will 100% satisfy the 'citizenship applicant pool' is by having a 'position/number in line' and a 'process stage timeline' reference. So you know your Local Office has 500 applicants transferred in from Sidney October 2015, 100 have background checks in various stages, 400 have cleared background checks you are number 200 in line and applicants number 1-100 are scheduled for test in say January 2016. I call this the emergency/ medical waiting room number policy - as you know in theory this seems an easy process to implement but its not. Some applicants will be RQd, some fail their test, some are family applicants, some will be expedited, some will require more information, some will be bounced, some are no shows for the test, oath etc all events which mess up the line order. There is also a resource angle from CIC which needs to be tied in to the applicant. Maybe your Citizenship Officer is efficient and thorough so knows if your residential declaration is BS or truthful and schedules tests fast whereas mine isn't sure/is a rookie/ is a cynic and RQs any doubtful days as if he/she is handing out candy at Halloween. Unfortunately CIC isn't Fedex where you know where your parcel is at each routing point. It could be done but I'd hazard a guess the application fee would need to be in the 4 figure sum!!!

FOMARK

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
« on: October 09, 2015, 03:54:41 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Hi guys
I ordered ATIP which shows that under section
TYPE: CIT RCMP SCREENING
status update date: 2015-07-20

I did not receive any letter or e mail regarding request of fingerprints
also I called cic they mentioned they did not ask any fingerprints from me

can any one explain