+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone suggest what steps I can take regarding my PR application? My timeline is fully completed, I haven't get the ecopr

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
I saw at least one applicant, who was waiting for COPR and suddenly got PFL

Extencive delay is PR processing trigger to something Negetive.
Sorry, what do you mean PFL?
I think if it delays for over 1 year will be too long; however, it delays a bit for a while I assume it is normal because I checked my process time tracker which use the Estimate term. I heard that there is delay-issue in the end of year.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Sorry, what do you mean PFL?
I think if it delays for over 1 year will be too long; however, it delays a bit for a while I assume it is normal because I checked my process time tracker which use the Estimate term. I heard that there is delay-issue in the end of year.
Procedural Fairness Letter ( PFL)
When a immigration officer thinks that he has reasonable grounds to reject an application for PR, he has to issue a PFL before his Final decision to notify the applicant if he has to act anything to prove the immigration officers decision is wrong.

Some applicants recives PFL regarding inadmissibility issue but that doesnt mean that it is happening in your case.

Reactions: MikiCanada

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
Procedural Fairness Letter ( PFL)
When a immigration officer thinks that he has reasonable grounds to reject an application for PR, he has to issue a PFL before his Final decision to notify the applicant if he has to act anything to prove the immigration officers decision is wrong.

Some applicants recives PFL regarding inadmissibility issue but that doesnt mean that it is happening in your case.
Thank you for your detailed explanation. My estimated date is today. I hope to receive ECOPR soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I saw at least one applicant, who was waiting for COPR and suddenly got PFL

Extencive delay is PR processing trigger to something Negetive.
Very rare to get a PFL at this stage and most would be aware of why they will be getting a PFL like having a court case or conviction. There are well known processing delays so most likely the application is stuck in line and all people can do is wait. If wait is something substantial like a year then you should start asking questions about what is happening.

MikiCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2023
How do you know that? Did they tell you?
I learned about it from other refugee friends. Additionally, I linked my Permanent Residency (PR) application case to my IRCC account using the GCKey Account as soon as I was able to do so. Following that, a timeline with an estimated date appeared