+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary applications

Mayorr

Aug 4, 2020
I applied in August 2020 and this useless, incompetent Calgary office still hasn't sent me a test invite up till now.

MMJK

Nov 27, 2014
Application sent in May 2020
AOR in November 2020

and that's it. Nothing moved for almost a whole year.

The application is for my parents (seniors), so no test required. I requested file notes at the end of July 2021 and still haven't received them despite following up three times already.

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
AOR in November 2020

The application is for my parents (seniors), so no test required. I requested file notes at the end of July 2021 and still haven't received them despite following up three times already.
Calgary office is very slow and has lots of backlog. It’s a waiting game for all of us in Calgary

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
AOR in November 2020

Based on the updates on the forum and the spreadsheets, it appears IRCC hasn't come up with a real mechanism to process applications. There's no indication they're following first come, first served or shortest job first or anything like that, it seems all over the place. There appears to be no strategy at all and it looks as if supervisors and leadership - who usually streamline these things - are completely missing in action. Extremely straightforward cases take just as much as many complicated ones. I can understand if refugee/some investor applications take a long time but vast majority of applications are economic class which tend to be clean applications.

Looking from our end at least, it paints a very disappointing picture of IRCC. 650 dollars is a pretty decent sum of money to find sufficient resources to process these applications efficiently. It's puzzling. They're talking about modernization etc but building a new case management system alone isn't going to solve this kind of inefficiency.

Mayorr

Aug 4, 2020
It's sad that all we can just do is to talk about how they are so slow to process the application as if we are begging for it. I can see that there's really nothing we can do to IRCC other than to talk amongst ourselves.

Reactions: diana98

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
they reschedule my oath.... this calgary office people dont work at all. call ircc and they still playing afghanistan message when afghans have already moved here and settled by now. excuses after excuses. they must be look for new excuse now. someone needs to kick their ass and make them work. new minister looks like a idiot so no hope