+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary applications

Riz007

Jun 7, 2021
Hey, be hopeful. I am 2019 Dec applicant, I took oath on 17th June, 2021 and I am Calgary Applicant too.

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Looking at the 2020 Citizenship Tracker, it seems like the latest Calgary applicant who received an invite was from May 2020. So depending on how far away you are from May 2020, you could be in for a long wait. I'm Nov 2020 so there's still around 6 months worth of backlog before they get to me. :(

Reactions: novascotia27

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Looking at the 2020 Citizenship Tracker, it seems like the latest Calgary applicant who received an invite was from May 2020. So depending on how far away you are from May 2020, you could be in for a long wait. I'm Nov 2020 so there's still around 6 months worth of backlog before they get to me. :(
I applied in august 2020 so I’m thinking illl get it around December ? We never know !! One person from fb applied in September and got the test !

Reactions: novascotia27

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I applied in august 2020 so I’m thinking illl get it around December ? We never know !! One person from fb applied in September and got the test !
Doesn't work that way. The time taken for test invitations isn't standard so you can't assume it'll take X amount of months. It could happen sooner than you think. I used to think that way too but 33% of September applicants on the sheet (probably there are more who haven't updated their status yet) have received and taken their citizenship tests.

So, it might happen sooner than you think.

Wish you the best.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Doesn't work that way. The time taken for test invitations isn't standard so you can't assume it'll take X amount of months. It could happen sooner than you think. I used to think that way too but 33% of September applicants on the sheet (probably there are more who haven't updated their status yet) have received and taken their citizenship tests.

So, it might happen sooner than you think.

Wish you the best.
Thank you :)

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
My background check was shown as completed in early March. How long is the process for Language skills / Physical presence / Prohibitions, they have been showing as In Progress since the new system is put up. Someone mentioned we can still access the old tracking system, from where?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My background check was shown as completed in early March. How long is the process for Language skills / Physical presence / Prohibitions, they have been showing as In Progress since the new system is put up. Someone mentioned we can still access the old tracking system, from where?
ECAS is the old system.

Language skills / Physical presence / Prohibitions will usually be set to "Completed" at the same time when ECAS is set to "Decision made". There is no standard timeline, you can take a look at the spreadsheet and see what the current scenario is. The link to the spreadsheets are in my signature.

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
I am with you All on the same boat. Family of 4. Application received by them on Jan 2020 and Test complete Feb 2021 . Still waiting for updates. I think it is going to be a long wait. If anyone do receive updates, please update the forum so we know there is some movement in applications. Thank you

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
It seems that Calgary is sleeping :( when are we going to get some updates ?
There doesn't seem to be much movement for Calgary applicants in the tracker. Looks like we're in for a very, very long wait. How I wish we could just walk into the Harry Hays building (I think that's where Calgary IRCC is based) and ask what's going on with our applications.

Reactions: ELIZAG

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
There doesn't seem to be much movement for Calgary applicants in the tracker. Looks like we're in for a very, very long wait. How I wish we could just walk into the Harry Hays building (I think that's where Calgary IRCC is based) and ask what's going on with our applications.
I know :( !! I hope we get test invites by December !!

Reactions: diana98 and ELIZAG