Med's Done....
21-07-2015; Meds received 29-07-2015
Interview........
Waived; DM 02-09-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
June 2020 applicant. Family application. Wife and I did our tests end of July. Showing test completed by Aug 6. No updates so far.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary applicants, lets update each other with current citizenship status at IRCC Calgary.

1. When did you apply
2. When did you complete the test
3. Are you still waiting for Oath/DM. If yes, how long has it been after the test?

In my case:
1. When did you apply - Sep 2019
2. When did you complete the test - July 2021
3. Are you still waiting for Oath/DM. If yes, how long has it been after the test? - Nothing after test.

Main email contact of this office is cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca . anyone knows why this office is remarkably slower than, I'd say, the rest of Canada?

Reactions: drummerlover33

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Calgary applicants, lets update each other with current citizenship status at IRCC Calgary.

1. When did you apply
3. Are you still waiting for Oath/DM. If yes, how long has it been after the test?

In my case:
3. Are you still waiting for Oath/DM. If yes, how long has it been after the test? - Nothing after test.

Main email contact of this office is cic-calgary-citizenship@cic.gc.ca . anyone knows why this office is remarkably slower than, I'd say, the rest of Canada?
Great idea. Here's mine:

1. When did you apply - Nov 2020
2. When did you complete the test - Still Waiting For Test
3. Are you still waiting for Oath/DM. If yes, how long has it been after the test? - Still Waiting For Test

While I've noticed that the office is unacceptably slow, I don't know why. I saw this document floating around another trail though. I haven't had the time to read but it had some breakdowns on how the Calgary office is doing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view

Maybe we should email that office to see what's causing the hold up?

kevinstenner

Sep 1, 2021
Kevin H
To: marco.mendicino@parl.gc.ca, minister@cic.gc.ca, justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca
Cc: Blair.Haddock@cic.gc.ca, Angelyn.tsegaye@cic.gc.ca, Peter.Mielke@cic.gc.ca, Giulia.Carlucci@cic.gc.ca, Symone.Shaw@cic.gc.ca, Brown.Abby@cic.gc.ca, Hanna.Foster@cic.gc.ca, Cinthia.Roberge@cic.gc.ca, Vicky.Hou@cic.gc.ca, IRCC.ADMOOperations-OperationsBSMA.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, IRCC.OPPDGO-BDGPRO.IRCC2@cic.gc.ca, IRCC.CNDGO-BDGRC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Dear Hon. Marco Mendicino, Minister of IRCC:

My name is Kevin, and I usually read your news release emails sent out quite often lately, with a lot of excitement over how Canada under your leadership has expanded its immigration program to support newcomers, refugees, and skilled migrants alike. However, I ought to write this message to you, copying your colleagues at HQ and for an issue facing many people who have had to wait for an answer to their citizenship applications from IRCC Calgary in the past years. I can assure you those copied in this email understand the issues very well, so they should be the first people you should consult with. Please do not avoid this problem any longer – this message will also be shared with the media and some relevant stakeholders. Seriously please stop consider IRCC a gatekeeper with absolute above-the-law authority, while looking at immigrants like needy beggars. We have had enough of this attitude from IRCC!!! Smirking?

Sir, while it is great for you to focus on strengthening Canada’s positive image on immigration influx, please also investigate your in-house operational problems, one of which is happening domestically right in Canada: an unusual delay in processing citizenship applications across IRCC offices. Citizenship is an equally important mandate of IRCC, as it is a big milestone in the integration process of immigrants into Canada, and many people are suffering the wait from this. Some MPs are even working with their affected constituents to identify possible legal avenues for application fee refunds as pressure to IRCC.

On client communication, it sucks! Most messages sent to minister@cic.gc.ca will get a standard reply repeatedly quoting challenges due to COVID. Very similarly, messages sent to IRCC Calgary about specific citizenship inquiries would almost always have no response, except a sympathy-seeking autoreply that says: “Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19 this past year, our processing times have increased, for this we are truly sorry and thank you for your patience.” Sir, it is time for IRCC to stop “being sorry” and to begin addressing the issues, whether from the office or remotely from home. Do the jobs IRCC staff are paid for, which are funded by taxes and hefty application fees. People pay the fees expecting an adequate service in return, you can't always say sorry and not doing enough of your paid jobs!

According to some classified documents obtained by the press [1], as of January 31, 2021, 50% of the cases processed by IRCC Calgary has been in process 13 months or more, after they were transferred to this office from CPC-S, whereas it is claimed on IRCC website the average TOTAL processing time for citizenship grants is 12 months. Does this sound alarming to you? Does this mean half the number of applications going through Calgary is being treated as non-routine?

Many members on CanadaVisa.Com forum have created and maintained their own shared trackers of citizenship application progress. You can check and see how IRCC Calgary is responding to those applied in 2019, and perhaps understand where the frustration comes from.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=224875574

Is IRCC Calgary one of the few offices facing COVID challenges? Are they not getting proper guidance and support from HQ to keep up a normal pace during pandemic times like other offices in the country? Is their leadership not competent enough to run the office through crisis and maintain a normal service standard for clients? If so, what kinds of crisis are they experiencing? If not so, what is behind the scene that HQ has not seen? A lot of questions remain mysterious to the public, and probably to your team at HQ, as to why this office has been quite inefficient in the past years.

If the processing time is stated on the IRCC website for citizenship as 12 months, should it be understood as a nationwide standard? Many Calgary-based applicants who have applied 2 - 2.5 years ago HAVE NOT become citizens - please ask your staff for stats to confirm this! Why is there such a disadvantage for applicants from one particular region, given the fact all of them across the country have fulfilled the same requirements as law-abiding immigrants, paid the same amount of application fee, and undergo presumably a similar vetting process? Should these immigrants regret their decision to settle in Calgary and now having to face citizenship delays? This is shameful in the digital age 4.0, and in a country that promotes inclusiveness, fairness, and technology.

Lastly, I want to say, immigrants who choose to live in Canada want to become good citizens eventually, and it makes sense that Canada fulfills that wish for them in exchange for all the economic benefits they bring to the country. Putting people through so much undue stress and hurdles to becoming citizens due to IRCC’s lack of competency is irresponsible of a federal agency, an unfortunate thing for the system, as there are so much out there IRCC can do or learn from other peer countries to improve right on the next day! As Canadians are heading to polls for federal election in a few weeks, tens of thousands of could-have-been citizens are missing this opportunity, not having their voices heard on key issues like COVID-19 through the vote, because of a systematic failure – Canada should be sorry for this! An old saying that never goes old: when there is a will, there is a way.

Regards,
Kevin Stenner

[1]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021

1. When did you apply - sep 2019
2. When did you complete the test - january 2021
3. Are you still waiting for Oath/DM. If yes, how long has it been after the test? yes, 8 months

• Angry
Reactions: DejavuCA

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020

1. When did you apply

In my case:

1. Jan 2020
2. Completed test March 28 2021
3. Waiting for Oath, DM was updated on Aug 25. Oath still not in process

so hopefully this offers some Calgary applicants some hope that they are moving just very slowly

• Angry

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
is this the slowest office ever??? Seems like there is no other way other than to protest! After I got my test invite I thought things are gonna be okay but there are 6-8 months wait ???! I can’t take this anymore! They used pandemic as an excuse and got paid without doing anything and this is all happening in CANADA! These people stole years from many innocent people’s lives, I lost my health while waiting. I PASSED THE TEST! I MEET THE CRITERIAS! I DIDN’T EVEN TRAVEL ANYWHERE FOR YEARS AND JUST LOOK AT MY CELPIP CERTIFICATE TO SEE MY ENGLISH IS ENOUGH! What are these people waiting for???! How can this backlog ever end? How??? If Conservatives win the election, what if they send the whole applications back?? Some people from December 2020 got their citizenship and I’m not gonna sit and wait!

Reactions: diana98

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
is this the slowest office ever??? Seems like there is no other way other than to protest! After I got my test invite I thought things are gonna be okay but there are 6-8 months wait ???! I can’t take this anymore! They used pandemic as an excuse and got paid without doing anything and this is all happening in CANADA! These people stole years from many innocent people’s lives, I lost my health while waiting. I PASSED THE TEST! I MEET THE CRITERIAS! I DIDN’T EVEN TRAVEL ANYWHERE FOR YEARS AND JUST LOOK AT MY CELPIP CERTIFICATE TO SEE MY ENGLISH IS ENOUGH! What are these people waiting for???! How can this backlog ever end? How??? If Conservatives win the election, what if they send the whole applications back?? Some people from December 2020 got their citizenship and I’m not gonna sit and wait!
@DejavuCA whats your timeline? When did you apply ?

kevinstenner

Sep 1, 2021
I hear you and feel very sorry for your experience. You are not alone. We are in this and will fight this together.

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I hear you and feel very sorry for your experience. You are not alone. We are in this and will fight this together.
Thank you, you are not alone as well. I’m here in Canada because in my original country there was no justice! No fairness. No laws. No respect. No free speech. I think we can all agree that we sat and waited so long here with our hopes but instead of being rewarded after all the wait, we are still waiting for an endless timeline. We could be citizens 10 times by now. Do they even hold oath ceremonies?? I don’t see anybody getting oath invites. Somebody saying he/she passed test in JANUARY and waiting for oath? Excuse me??? 8 MONTHS! And the backlog keeps getting bigger and bigger every single day! I know Alberta is conservative but do they hate immigrants that much??? If they hate immigrants, they hate Canada as Canada means immigrants! Originally Canada is founded by immigrants! And wherever you look at, immigrants are everywhere! Ignoring them means ignoring Canada!

A few days ago I sent a web form to them asking about my application. Just got a response and I was like “So fast! How???”. I opened the e-mail. And… It was the exact copy of their web page telling me that because of Afghanistan……………… They have a good excuse now! But I have every right to ask them. What were you doing before Afghanistan????

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
I used to think that I was the only person in Calgary with anxiety about how slow my application was taking relative to other offices. I find solace in the fact that we're all in this together. Many thanks to people like @kevinstenner for leading the charge and bringing this issue to the IRCC's attention!

limhockkiong

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Kevin H
To: marco.mendicino@parl.gc.ca, minister@cic.gc.ca, justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca
Cc: Blair.Haddock@cic.gc.ca, Angelyn.tsegaye@cic.gc.ca, Peter.Mielke@cic.gc.ca, Giulia.Carlucci@cic.gc.ca, Symone.Shaw@cic.gc.ca, Brown.Abby@cic.gc.ca, Hanna.Foster@cic.gc.ca, Cinthia.Roberge@cic.gc.ca, Vicky.Hou@cic.gc.ca, IRCC.ADMOOperations-OperationsBSMA.IRCC@cic.gc.ca, IRCC.OPPDGO-BDGPRO.IRCC2@cic.gc.ca, IRCC.CNDGO-BDGRC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Dear Hon. Marco Mendicino, Minister of IRCC:

My name is Kevin, and I usually read your news release emails sent out quite often lately, with a lot of excitement over how Canada under your leadership has expanded its immigration program to support newcomers, refugees, and skilled migrants alike. However, I ought to write this message to you, copying your colleagues at HQ and for an issue facing many people who have had to wait for an answer to their citizenship applications from IRCC Calgary in the past years. I can assure you those copied in this email understand the issues very well, so they should be the first people you should consult with. Please do not avoid this problem any longer – this message will also be shared with the media and some relevant stakeholders. Seriously please stop consider IRCC a gatekeeper with absolute above-the-law authority, while looking at immigrants like needy beggars. We have had enough of this attitude from IRCC!!! Smirking?

Sir, while it is great for you to focus on strengthening Canada’s positive image on immigration influx, please also investigate your in-house operational problems, one of which is happening domestically right in Canada: an unusual delay in processing citizenship applications across IRCC offices. Citizenship is an equally important mandate of IRCC, as it is a big milestone in the integration process of immigrants into Canada, and many people are suffering the wait from this. Some MPs are even working with their affected constituents to identify possible legal avenues for application fee refunds as pressure to IRCC.

On client communication, it sucks! Most messages sent to minister@cic.gc.ca will get a standard reply repeatedly quoting challenges due to COVID. Very similarly, messages sent to IRCC Calgary about specific citizenship inquiries would almost always have no response, except a sympathy-seeking autoreply that says: “Due to the limitations caused by COVID-19 this past year, our processing times have increased, for this we are truly sorry and thank you for your patience.” Sir, it is time for IRCC to stop “being sorry” and to begin addressing the issues, whether from the office or remotely from home. Do the jobs IRCC staff are paid for, which are funded by taxes and hefty application fees. People pay the fees expecting an adequate service in return, you can't always say sorry and not doing enough of your paid jobs!

According to some classified documents obtained by the press [1], as of January 31, 2021, 50% of the cases processed by IRCC Calgary has been in process 13 months or more, after they were transferred to this office from CPC-S, whereas it is claimed on IRCC website the average TOTAL processing time for citizenship grants is 12 months. Does this sound alarming to you? Does this mean half the number of applications going through Calgary is being treated as non-routine?

Many members on CanadaVisa.Com forum have created and maintained their own shared trackers of citizenship application progress. You can check and see how IRCC Calgary is responding to those applied in 2019, and perhaps understand where the frustration comes from.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=224875574

Is IRCC Calgary one of the few offices facing COVID challenges? Are they not getting proper guidance and support from HQ to keep up a normal pace during pandemic times like other offices in the country? Is their leadership not competent enough to run the office through crisis and maintain a normal service standard for clients? If so, what kinds of crisis are they experiencing? If not so, what is behind the scene that HQ has not seen? A lot of questions remain mysterious to the public, and probably to your team at HQ, as to why this office has been quite inefficient in the past years.

If the processing time is stated on the IRCC website for citizenship as 12 months, should it be understood as a nationwide standard? Many Calgary-based applicants who have applied 2 - 2.5 years ago HAVE NOT become citizens - please ask your staff for stats to confirm this! Why is there such a disadvantage for applicants from one particular region, given the fact all of them across the country have fulfilled the same requirements as law-abiding immigrants, paid the same amount of application fee, and undergo presumably a similar vetting process? Should these immigrants regret their decision to settle in Calgary and now having to face citizenship delays? This is shameful in the digital age 4.0, and in a country that promotes inclusiveness, fairness, and technology.

Lastly, I want to say, immigrants who choose to live in Canada want to become good citizens eventually, and it makes sense that Canada fulfills that wish for them in exchange for all the economic benefits they bring to the country. Putting people through so much undue stress and hurdles to becoming citizens due to IRCC’s lack of competency is irresponsible of a federal agency, an unfortunate thing for the system, as there are so much out there IRCC can do or learn from other peer countries to improve right on the next day! As Canadians are heading to polls for federal election in a few weeks, tens of thousands of could-have-been citizens are missing this opportunity, not having their voices heard on key issues like COVID-19 through the vote, because of a systematic failure – Canada should be sorry for this! An old saying that never goes old: when there is a will, there is a way.

Regards,
Kevin Stenner

[1]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view
Wow!

Did you really e-mail to JT and his troops?

Was there any response?

Maybe should consider reaching out to CBC or GlobalNews. You are spot on in that applications are taking such long time in the digital age. Australia, on the other hand, has reduced their processing times for in-country applicants during the pandemic because they have prioritized in-country applicants. Citizenship grants have reduced from 12-18 down to 6-12 months from application to the online ceremony. And anecdotally, people are experiencing more 4-6 months timeline.