+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Applicant Oct-2017

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
you are true they invited 3 forum members on 21st then its 6 days none of us got it. Hope they will send few more this week may be tomorrow and just hope we all will be lucky to have it. 8 more ceremonies till 11 May so hope we will be there by last date....

I am seeing the last person got the Oath date on April 21.
There are lots of date after it.
I am hoping for an early May date. My US Visa is expiring on June :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TennisPro

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I am seeing the last person got the Oath date on April 21.
There are lots of date after it.
I am hoping for an early May date. My US Visa is expiring on June :)
I'm not knocking your post, rather I'm curious about it. How does getting Canadian citizenship impact the fact that your US visa is about to expire?

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Its just because he dont need to renew it. But hope to have Oath soon so we can fly as long we need without any restrictions.
I'm not knocking your post, rather I'm curious about it. How does getting Canadian citizenship impact the fact that your US visa is about to expire?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Its just because he dont need to renew it. But hope to have Oath soon so we can fly as long we need without any restrictions.
I get that aspect of it, but how does having a Canadian citizenship make any difference to whether or not renew a US visa?

aakpawan

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 14th, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 9th, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec. 17th, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan. 22nd, 2014
Hi,
Mine was in IP since Jan04 too like yours and I don't have email yet :(
Did you do Fingerprinting already?
Hi,
I was never requested to do finger prints. Finger Prints are requested for some people not everyone :)

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
I get that aspect of it, but how does having a Canadian citizenship make any difference to whether or not renew a US visa?
No difference. Just save some buck $ if we need to go between that. But I am sure will be donr till end of May 2018...

wwe

Apr 22, 2011
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 JUNE
Med's Request
12 JULY
Med's Done....
13 JULY
Interview........
28 AUGUST
VISA ISSUED...
30 AUGUST
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
I regularly travel to the USA. Once I get the Canadian passport, I will not need a visa.
I have a tour coming up in July. If I do not get the passport, I will need to renew the USA visa.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I regularly travel to the USA. Once I get the Canadian passport, I will not need a visa.
I have a tour coming up in July. If I do not get the passport, I will need to renew the USA visa.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for explaining that. :)

alvarorossa1

Nov 29, 2017
I got my oath invitation today. I applied for me and my daughter as minor, and I received 2 emails to appear for both of us. Should minor appear at the oath ceremony? She is 3 years old. On the attached document in the email there is:

"IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE
A person aged fourteen (14) or older who is granted Canadian citizenship must take the Oath of Citizenship to
become a Canadian citizen. Children under 14 years of age are welcome but not required to attend. Parents and
their children, however, may be asked to leave the ceremony room or move to another area if their children disrupt
the ceremony. If you bring young children, plan to have a family member or friend available to take them out of the
room for you if they get restless. Remember that you will need to stay in the room for the full length of the
ceremony. If you cannot make suitable arrangements for child care, your ceremony can be rescheduled for a later
date."

My understanding was that I am the only one that needs to attend. But I received email for her also, so do I just print her "notice to appear" document? Is it normal for minor under 14y to get the invitation email?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my oath invitation today. I applied for me and my daughter as minor, and I received 2 emails to appear for both of us. Should minor appear at the oath ceremony? She is 3 years old. On the attached document in the email there is:

"IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE
A person aged fourteen (14) or older who is granted Canadian citizenship must take the Oath of Citizenship to
become a Canadian citizen. Children under 14 years of age are welcome but not required to attend. Parents and
their children, however, may be asked to leave the ceremony room or move to another area if their children disrupt
the ceremony. If you bring young children, plan to have a family member or friend available to take them out of the
room for you if they get restless. Remember that you will need to stay in the room for the full length of the
ceremony. If you cannot make suitable arrangements for child care, your ceremony can be rescheduled for a later
date."

My understanding was that I am the only one that needs to attend. But I received email for her also, so do I just print her "notice to appear" document? Is it normal for minor under 14y to get the invitation email?
Can you please share when is your Oath and what is your DM date?