+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary Applicant Oct-2017

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Looks like Calgary office is leading the trend. so I am posting a new thread to gather some of our timeline / test date / interview experience. Hope its helpful for some folks here.

Here is mine:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 25, 2017.

It seems that 2 of Calgary applicants have already received test invite for Jan 23rd.

While we are at it, i wanted to ask the guys here if i should inform IRCC Webform that i have a pre-planed leave from Jan 20th till Jan 28th? I realized that there are still quite a few applicants in IP before me, therefore i most likely will not be scheduled for test till after Jan 28th. But it is quite close and frankly i am getting a bit nervous.

Anyways. best luck to everyone.

Reactions: TennisPro

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
I am Calgary, and not even received AOR,

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
I applied from Calgary, they are being extremely slow. My AOR was Nov 17 but most people from Nov 10 and earlier did not get in process status yet. But a couple of people got test invites. IT's really bad

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
I am also from Calgary.

Oct 18 applicant,
AOR Dec 07

Waiting for IP

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Looks like Calgary office is leading the trend. so I am posting a new thread to gather some of our timeline / test date / interview experience. Hope its helpful for some folks here.

Here is mine:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 25, 2017.

It seems that 2 of Calgary applicants have already received test invite for Jan 23rd.

While we are at it, i wanted to ask the guys here if i should inform IRCC Webform that i have a pre-planed leave from Jan 20th till Jan 28th? I realized that there are still quite a few applicants in IP before me, therefore i most likely will not be scheduled for test till after Jan 28th. But it is quite close and frankly i am getting a bit nervous.

Anyways. best luck to everyone.
I am kind of in the same situation. My timeline is very close to yours and I have a trip inside Canada Jan. 21-24.
If I were you, I wouldn't notify them with anything now. Just wait patiently and if (God forbid) the test falls between 20-28, you can always reschedule (although this is not the best option, as they will start questioning your intentions).
Having said that, if it fell between 20-28 you have to ask yourself what is of a more priority to you, the test or the trip? I guess that might answer your question.
Best of luck.

Reactions: csang

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I am kind of in the same situation. My timeline is very close to yours and I have a trip inside Canada Jan. 21-24.
If I were you, I wouldn't notify them with anything now. Just wait patiently and if (God forbid) the test falls between 20-28, you can always reschedule (although this is not the best option, as they will start questioning your intentions).
Having said that, if it fell between 20-28 you have to ask yourself what is of a more priority to you, the test or the trip? I guess that might answer your question.
Best of luck.
I read somewhere that it took 6 weeks for the webform to go thru. so i guess at this point it might b too late.
I think you will be fine - most likely the test will be scheduled at least after 23rd now.

Best of luck to everyone

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Calgary office is relatively faster than other offices... I hope the trend remains same throughout 2018!

I received AOR November 21st... still waiting on IP status.

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
I'm a Calgary applicant. Application delivered 25th Oct. Still no AOR.

I haven't received my application back in the mail either (unless it got lost in post). At first I thought my application would be returned as I only submitted my PR card + passport bio page as an ID document. I got concerned after a couple of applicants had their applications returned as they did not consider the PR card as a valid ID. I then submitted them a copy of my driver's license through the web based form, but I doubt they'll be able to attach it to my file since I dot not have an AOR yet.

Reactions: rrlmushu

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I'm a Calgary applicant. Application delivered 25th Oct. Still no AOR.

I haven't received my application back in the mail either (unless it got lost in post). At first I thought my application would be returned as I only submitted my PR card + passport bio page as an ID document. I got concerned after a couple of applicants had their applications returned as they did not consider the PR card as a valid ID. I then submitted them a copy of my driver's license through the web based form, but I doubt they'll be able to attach it to my file since I dot not have an AOR yet.
did you call them? if your app got returned. they should have a record saying its returned right? anyways. i just read some 16th applicants just got their AOR today! there is still hope.

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Best of luck.
I dunno if i did a bad thing or not. i called the office and told them that I have a planned trip from 23rd to 29th Jan. They added it on my file that i will not be available for test during that time.

I hope i do not have to wait forever for this test

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Applied from Calgary on Oct 15 Received by October 19 AOR on November 23, 2017. in Process on November 29. Yes Calgary is one of the fastest office. Good luck to anyone

Canadian_Leb

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
02-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2014-09-12
Please Help!!

Hi
I am trying to fill out the application for my spouse for his citizenship. He has been here for just over 3 years. I am stuck on two questions in the application which are not very clear.
The eligibility period is dated 5 years back from the day he signs say today:
I have selected no for this question below: eligibility period 2012-2017 -> my husband came here in 2014 so he did live outside Canada but I am not trying to claim any residency time because when I read the help - it specifies other conditions which don't apply and my husband is meeting the number of days required (1095)
c) During your eligibility period did you live outside Canada -> answer NO?
then I go into the next question 10 a) and list all addresses including the ones outside Canada from 2012 to 2014
the second part of this question is : in the past four years were you in another country Other than Canada for over 183 days -> Answer yes?

because he came in September 2014. Now I have to submit a police clearance along with application. Please let me know if I answered this right as I need to submit the application by this week.
Thank you

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
I don’t know if it was the call to CIC or just a coincidence BUT

AOR was sent 1 hour after the call!!!!

Delivery date of October 20 :)