Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Any update guys? Waiting for test invite since Dec 19,
76 Days
Unfortunately, still no news from Calgary office!!

Reactions: Maaa and edmonds

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
I was expecting the whole processing to wrap up by May but it can linger longer, I think.

Reactions: edmonds

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
Hi SIMO1983, I have the same timeline, only difference is that I got my AOR in Nov, but nothing after that.
Could you tell me whats the process of getting in touch with the MP works?

I have tried calling several times and received the same response as yourself.

Thanks and advance.
it is very easy just go to your MP office and fill a form there and explain what is your situation and they will contact them in your behave!

Reactions: GoodMorningCanada

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
Hey Guys,

Application Type: single
Application Sent: Oct. 13, 2017
Application Delivered: Oct. 16, 2017

As you guys know that I haven't received any AOR or any mail from the Immigration since I sent my app on the 16th of October. and I contacted the call center, and they contacted the Sydney office on Feb12, and they got a response on FEB 15 saying that they have the application but due to the high volume of apps they will contact me.
then I waited about two weeks and I contacted my MP last Monday Today his office called me saying that the Immigration responded to their email. they said that they already responded to the call center on the FEB 15 regarding my app that they received my app on October 16/2017 and they will contact me.

what should I do? now it is almost 5 months and I think all the October's apps got their AOR except me :(

Reactions: GoodMorningCanada

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hey Guys,

As you guys know that I haven't received any AOR or any mail from the Immigration since I sent my app on the 16th of October. and I contacted the call center, and they contacted the Sydney office on Feb12, and they got a response on FEB 15 saying that they have the application but due to the high volume of apps they will contact me.
then I waited about two weeks and I contacted my MP last Monday Today his office called me saying that the Immigration responded to their email. they said that they already responded to the call center on the FEB 15 regarding my app that they received my app on October 16/2017 and they will contact me.

what should I do? now it is almost 5 months and I think all the October's apps got their AOR except me :(

This is unfortunate, a bureaucratic loop... The flood of post C-6 application has made things worse.

Reactions: SIMO1983

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hey Guys,

That's unbelievable! That doesn't even make sense, Feb 2018 applicants have received AORs. My friend applied on October 12th 2017 and he already has a Canadian passport. Even if your application was put in a "unlucky bastards box", you should receive your AOR before Feb applicants.
Did you check your ecas? Maybe there was a misunderstanding with the call centre guy. I've seen people on here who never received the AOR email but their ecas was updated. Who knows? Maybe your app has been IP for 2 months. I hope so, I hope you go home tonight and find a test invite letter in your mail box.

Reactions: SIMO1983

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
That's unbelievable! That doesn't even make sense, Feb 2018 applicants have received AORs. My friend applied on October 12th 2017 and he already has a Canadian passport. Even if your application was put in a "unlucky bastards box", you should receive your AOR before Feb applicants.
Did you check your ecas? Maybe there was a misunderstanding with the call centre guy. I've seen people on here who never received the AOR email but their ecas was updated. Who knows? Maybe your app has been IP for 2 months. I hope so, I hope you go home tonight and find a test invite letter in your mail box.
Thanks a lot for your support, now I am checking my ecas every day!!! or I might be checking my ecas wrongly because whenever I check won't show anything!!!

hopefully, it is what you said. On the other hand, if my app in progress they should have said the to my MP!

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
A little learning: There are only 6 citizenship judges in Canada?!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/citizenship-commission/profiles-citizenship-judges.html

For Calgary, we have only one, Mr. Joe Woodard. So I guess the personal circumstances, availability, and vacation time etc plays an important role in scheduling the ceremonies. Hats off for the hard work!
Alright guys.

The above link I shared a couple of days ago had the profile of Mr. Joe Woodard as citizenship judge for Calgary. Now his profile is not there and date modified of that link is: 2018-03-06

I coudn't find any concrete information as to what is happening. But just want to share with you that this could be one possible reason of delays...

Last edited:
Reactions: hime and spgu12

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
Alright guys.

The above link I shared a couple of days ago had the profile of Mr. Joe Woodard as citizenship judge for Calgary. Now his profile is not there and date modified of that link is: 2018-03-06

I coudn't find any concrete information as to what is happening. But just want to share with you that this could be one reason of possible delays...
So you are saying we don't have citizenship judge anymore!!!!

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Alright guys.

I coudn't find any concrete information as to what is happening. But just want to share with you that this could be one possible reason of delays...
Interesting!
Thank you for the link then and now, however, I am not sure the link represents ALL the CJs in Canada. The mentioned CJs in the link you provided work in Montreal, BC,Vancouver, Toronto and Mississauga right? What about the Maritime? There are no judges there? What about Ottawa? Manitoba and Saskatchewan? Yes, maybe his honour Judge Woodward is not on the list anymore, but this does not necessarily mean that he is the only judge in Calgary. (My assumption at least). For whatever reason he is not on the list anymore, I am guessing there are other CJs in town, or Judges waiting to become CJs. In addition, there are many ceremonies scheduled in March, so a replacement might be in place soon.
What do you think?

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
You think 6 judges are flying around the country doing all the oaths ceremonies? Come on guys. I picked a random date on the cic website (March 14) and found 11 ceremonies in 7 different cities on that day.
I did not said that neither think or imply that 6 judges fly around the country. (In fact there are 5 judges now as per the link)

The citizenship ceremony is presided by a citizenship judge or presiding official. So in their absence the presiding official lead the cermonies.

In case of Calgary, in my opinion it seems to be some anticipated change i.e. short term disruption. You are most welcome to disagree with my opinion :)

Last edited: