Calgary Applicant Oct-2017

Sandy1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hey Guys,

Application Type: single
Application Sent: Oct. 13, 2017
Application Delivered: Oct. 16, 2017

As you guys know that I haven't received any AOR or any mail from the Immigration since I sent my app on the 16th of October. and I contacted the call center, and they contacted the Sydney office on Feb12, and they got a response on FEB 15 saying that they have the application but due to the high volume of apps they will contact me.
then I waited about two weeks and I contacted my MP last Monday Today his office called me saying that the Immigration responded to their email. they said that they already responded to the call center on the FEB 15 regarding my app that they received my app on October 16/2017 and they will contact me.

what should I do? now it is almost 5 months and I think all the October's apps got their AOR except me :(
Sorry to hear about ur application
Did u check ur bank account if the Immegration took ur citizenship fee that means it’s ur AOR free recieved
If not I suggest to send one more application

Reactions: SIMO1983

GoodMorningCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hey Guys,

As you guys know that I haven't received any AOR or any mail from the Immigration since I sent my app on the 16th of October. and I contacted the call center, and they contacted the Sydney office on Feb12, and they got a response on FEB 15 saying that they have the application but due to the high volume of apps they will contact me.
then I waited about two weeks and I contacted my MP last Monday Today his office called me saying that the Immigration responded to their email. they said that they already responded to the call center on the FEB 15 regarding my app that they received my app on October 16/2017 and they will contact me.

what should I do? now it is almost 5 months and I think all the October's apps got their AOR except me :(
Hi SIMO1983, I have the exact same timeline as urself, however had my AOR since Nov 7th, and was worried, my file just got in process, you should be getting some good news soon. All the best!

GoodMorningCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi all,

could someone please update my info on the spreadsheet, thanks!

AOR: Nov 2017
In Process: March 7 2018

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
Hi all,

could someone please update my info on the spreadsheet, thanks!

AOR: Nov 2017
In Process: March 7 2018
It took a lot of time for you to go to In process. Hopefully it will go faster from here.

Reactions: GoodMorningCanada

akapoor3

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent along with Documents on 25-01-2011
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
Hello Guys,
Could you please update my details:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 5, 2018.
Thanks

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Due to the Calgary Office Silent. I decided to call CIC Call centre. After long waiting I was able to get a nice agent who understood what we having though. I explain to her that. I am going to travel in coming weeks if there anything she can tell me about my file. She put me on hold for like 10 minutes. After that she checked my file and said everything is done Background, etc. Just waiting for Oath and she said I should received anytime from now. But if I want I she could put a Note for me as urgent to my file so the could schedule my Oath. But she said again I could get invitation anytime soon so I told her I will wait another week or two to see what going to happen.

Reactions: Canehdian Girl

nty74

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks a lot for your support, now I am checking my ecas every day!!! or I might be checking my ecas wrongly because whenever I check won't show anything!!!

hopefully, it is what you said. On the other hand, if my app in progress they should have said the to my MP!
Who is your MP? I contacted my MP (Ron Liepert) a few days ago. How long does it take for CIC to get back to the MP?

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Due to the Calgary Office Silent. I decided to call CIC Call centre. After long waiting I was able to get a nice agent who understood what we having though. I explain to her that. I am going to travel in coming weeks if there anything she can tell me about my file. She put me on hold for like 10 minutes. After that she checked my file and said everything is done Background, etc. Just waiting for Oath and she said I should received anytime from now. But if I want I she could put a Note for me as urgent to my file so the could schedule my Oath. But she said again I could get invitation anytime soon so I told her I will wait another week or two to see what going to happen.
I was about to do the same thing today. Thank you @Muby for doing that. I guess I will call on Monday if I didn't hear anything today. This might seem to others as ridiculous, but those who are in the same boat would understand how eager we all are to get this invitation letter.
Patience is a virtue, I am trying to attain.
All the best for everyone and thank you for sharing

Seahawk333

Feb 10, 2018
Quick question - Can someone tell me how much time does it take on the test day in total including the interview?

And also the parking situation at the location - Harry Hays Building?

Test Date - March 21, 2018 10AM

Thanks in advance!

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Who is your MP? I contacted my MP (Ron Liepert) a few days ago. How long does it take for CIC to get back to the MP?
I didn’t know who was my MP and also don’t think he could help

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
How fast is it if you are residing on a town near Calgary, from DM(Mar/07/18) to Oath?

Test date was Mar 06.

KeweCan

Nov 29, 2017
Quick question - Can someone tell me how much time does it take on the test day in total including the interview?

And also the parking situation at the location - Harry Hays Building?

Test Date - March 21, 2018 10AM

Thanks in advance!
It took 2 hours for me (10 am - noon) and we were called about 1/2 way in the line for the post interview so could be up to 3 hours if you are called later as there are a lot of people there. There is underground parking is a available at Harry Hays.

Reactions: TennisPro

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
How fast is it if you are residing on a town near Calgary, from DM(Mar/07/18) to Oath?

Test date was Mar 06.
I have been DM since February 23 and still waiting. Up until February 16 as per the spreadsheet it was just couple of days and sometimes same day DM and Oath invite, but now, for some unknown reason, we've been waiting for two weeks and nothing, zero invites on this forum.
As per @Muby (I think he/she have been DM since Feb 21) in the post above, we should be hearing some good news soon.
Let's hope for the best. We are almost there! :)

Sandy1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
When do u write ur citizenship test