+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
Hi everyone and Thanks for helping me in advance

I'm still in the early process of Spousal sponsorship, I applied on Jan 2nd, 2018, until today (Feb 13) I didn't get any communications from CIC.

I'm 100% sure that I supplied my email and contact and address and use of representative as instructed

Thanks just drives me nut ... is that normal or I should do something about it

Thanks for your advice
Hello - have you received your SA or medical request yet?

We just received DM on sponsor today and am wondering if for Cairo VO the medical is the next step. Does it take long to get an appointment at the clinic?

Asamir

Aug 10, 2015
Visa Office......
Cairo
Hello - have you received your SA or medical request yet?

We just received DM on sponsor today and am wondering if for Cairo VO the medical is the next step. Does it take long to get an appointment at the clinic?
Hi Hrubmo,

unfort. I didn't receive the SA yet not the Medical
though the online service shows that "Decision Made" but I didn't receive the SA on email nor on mail .. not sure what's wrong :(

it's a stressful and long process

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
Hi Hrubmo,

unfort. I didn't receive the SA yet not the Medical
though the online service shows that "Decision Made" but I didn't receive the SA on email nor on mail .. not sure what's wrong :(

it's a stressful and long process
Inshallah decision made in 99% of cases means approved. Don't worry the timeline we have is completely normal, are you in the January applicants group?

Any others who have been through the process help shed some light on next steps?

Asamir

Aug 10, 2015
Visa Office......
Cairo
Inshallah decision made in 99% of cases means approved. Don't worry the timeline we have is completely normal, are you in the January applicants group?

Any others who have been through the process help shed some light on next steps?
Thanks for you kind words
yes i'm on January applications group as my signature shows my timeline so far

there is another thread for January applications group (but for all VO's) .. here it's .. hope yours work fast as well inshallah

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-outland-timeline.545300/#post-6741691

Reactions: hrubmo

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
I have a question we received the fowling note on the( CIC ) I am wondering what could have they sent in the mail because i did not receive any thing yet , could that be the medical request ? ( We sent correspondence on March , 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required )

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
I have a question we received the fowling note on the( CIC ) I am wondering what could have they sent in the mail because i did not receive any thing yet , could that be the medical request ? ( We sent correspondence on March , 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have do so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required )
What's your timeline? If you haven't received anything by mail or email, I would suggest you give them a call to confirm.

mud2

Mar 17, 2018
May anyone provide a list of sorts of all the documents that I will need to translate and authenticate at the ministry of foreign affairs other than the marriage certificate? I am applying to sponsor my wife from Egypt. We got married as Egyptian citizens and have already updated our IDs to reflect that.

Thanks. The search feature on this forum is not working for me hence my request.

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
May anyone provide a list of sorts of all the documents that I will need to translate and authenticate at the ministry of foreign affairs other than the marriage certificate? I am applying to sponsor my wife from Egypt. We got married as Egyptian citizens and have already updated our IDs to reflect that.

Thanks. The search feature on this forum is not working for me hence my request.
It's best to use the CIC site to get the country specific info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

We applied in January 2018 and it looks like the requirements have already changed, we had to include things like family booklet. Marriage certificates and any other official docs you include will need to be translated and have certified copies made.

mud2

Mar 17, 2018
It's best to use the CIC site to get the country specific info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

We applied in January 2018 and it looks like the requirements have already changed, we had to include things like family booklet. Marriage certificates and any other official docs you include will need to be translated and have certified copies made.
Thank you hrubmo for taking the time to reply, really appreciated.

I have indeed been already using the website, and am aware that some things changed since Feb 2018. The most significant one I believe is the fact that the police certs and background form are submitted with initial application instead of later, to allow for quicker processing. Checklist info for Egypt does not mention a family booklet. Is that for the case where their are children/dependents included?

Also, did you translate and make certified copies for the required documents at the Ministry of Justice, or did you do it through a 3rd party notary?

Much obliged.

noveltyisgone

Dec 18, 2017
hi everyone ,
we applied for immigration on july 2016
my wife got accepted as a canadian spousal
started processing on august 10th 2016
my interview was november 15th 2017
before and after my interview the lady told me they extended my medical till october 2018

she asked to keep my passport and my marriage certificate , checked the 2 photos i gave her and said it’s fine , also kept all the history and pictures i gave to her
then she said she will need 2-3 weeks to decide

till today i have not heard a decision and whenever i email they say it’s under review , also when my wife calls immigration in canada there it only says when it was submitted , accepted and started processing and in the end it says background check have not started yet

i would also like to mention that she was surprised that we married in thailand , i told her then that by the time the canadian government warned any canadian citizen to come to egypt due to some events so we had to go else where and thailand was ok , i submitted authentic translation to my marriage certificate along with the original too

can any of u guys tell me what does this mean please because it’s taking ages , my wife and i r so frustrated really

thank u so much for ur help in advance
just checked my online status and it said they sent me correspondence email on march 7,2018 and i have not received anything , does anyone know what does this mean please reply coz i’ve started to panic , is it en email or regular mail and how long doesn’t it take ???

Last edited:

noveltyisgone

Dec 18, 2017
Did you travel anywhere outside Egypt before !!
Maybe that's why it takes too long for security check

sorry for the late reply i did not get a notification that u answered , i traveled outside of egypt twice for 10 days each to meet my wife and marry her , we met in bali and married in thailand

Last edited:

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
Thank you hrubmo for taking the time to reply, really appreciated.

I have indeed been already using the website, and am aware that some things changed since Feb 2018. The most significant one I believe is the fact that the police certs and background form are submitted with initial application instead of later, to allow for quicker processing. Checklist info for Egypt does not mention a family booklet. Is that for the case where their are children/dependents included?

Also, did you translate and make certified copies for the required documents at the Ministry of Justice, or did you do it through a 3rd party notary?

Much obliged.
We don't have dependents, but at the time we applied the family booklet was part of the country specific docs required.

I checked with my husband as he's the one who had the documents translated and some like the police certificate was done at the ministry of justice and the others like birth certificate, were done at the ministry of interior. Hope that helps :)

noveltyisgone

Dec 18, 2017
guys will someone please answer me because i keep searching and i can’t find an answer , i checked my status online and it added something new which is correspondings and said they sent it march 7th , i have not received any email or mail , what does this mean please and iam so sorry i keep adding new thread iam just panicking

hrubmo

Aug 19, 2017
hi everyone ,
we applied for immigration on july 2016
my wife got accepted as a canadian spousal
started processing on august 10th 2016
my interview was november 15th 2017
before and after my interview the lady told me they extended my medical till october 2018

she asked to keep my passport and my marriage certificate , checked the 2 photos i gave her and said it’s fine , also kept all the history and pictures i gave to her
then she said she will need 2-3 weeks to decide

till today i have not heard a decision and whenever i email they say it’s under review , also when my wife calls immigration in canada there it only says when it was submitted , accepted and started processing and in the end it says background check have not started yet

i would also like to mention that she was surprised that we married in thailand , i told her then that by the time the canadian government warned any canadian citizen to come to egypt due to some events so we had to go else where and thailand was ok , i submitted authentic translation to my marriage certificate along with the original too

can any of u guys tell me what does this mean please because it’s taking ages , my wife and i r so frustrated really

thank u so much for ur help in advance
just checked my online status and it said they sent me correspondence email on march 7,2018 and i have not received anything , does anyone know what does this mean please reply coz i’ve started to panic , is it en email or regular mail and how long doesn’t it take ???

Sorry to hear you've been waiting so long. If they've sent you correspondence and you didn't get it, I would call CIC and/or the embassy to confirm. Also try checking your spam/junk mail. It could be your medical request or passport perhaps, best to call to know.

noveltyisgone

Dec 18, 2017
Sorry to hear you've been waiting so long. If they've sent you correspondence and you didn't get it, I would call CIC and/or the embassy to confirm. Also try checking your spam/junk mail. It could be your medical request or passport perhaps, best to call to know.
i checked my spam and nothing is there , i’ll call tomorrow since they r already closed now , so it’s an email ? , do u know what could it be ???