+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

kabdel

Jan 16, 2016
Sarba said:
This is a completely unrelated question but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the luggage allowance is for people who are coming as PR's. Does it change at all or still two bags of 23kg. I can't seem to find this online

Thanks

Hello Sarba,
The baggage allowance depends only on the airline and is independent of your status in the country.
Any updates with your passport.

Sarba

Oct 7, 2015
Ok thanks, I was hoping they might allow more but I'm not surprised. No news yet…still waiting…I'm starting to get a bit worried…how about you? Did you get your passport back?

heshamkate

May 4, 2015
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
For those who have landed, how long did it take at the airport? I am worried as I have found a really cheap flight but with only 2 hour 10 min to catch our connecting flight, will it be enough time? I feel doubtful but it is a really good deal :D

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Could anyone tell me what was the signature of the person who signed when he got the package at the visa office, mine showed M Abdelwahab at UPS website when it was delivered,
I'm just worried about my passport because i shipped it overseas and sometimes i have doubts it wasn't delivered to the right address lol
I know this sounds crazy and it's very rare to lose a package but sometimes i feel worried cuz I'm not in my home country and I can't travel anywhere without my passport :-X
Please anyone tell me the signature of the receiver at the visa office that showed in your DHL tracking

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

I got this message from Cairo Visa Office today.

Sponsor to provide proof of residency in Canada ( employment letter, pay stubs for the last 3 months, lease agreement and receipts for rented house payment, utility bills including electricity and gas bills, water bills… for the last 3 months).

As you can see, They need documents to prove my residency in Canada. Does anyone here had something similar to that? isn't it strange? as I have passed as eligible sponsor for my husband and I applied from within Canada.

Anyways, I can ONLY provide pay stubs and banking activity statement to prove I reside within Canada. I don't have utility bills or lease agreement as I am currently living with my family. Do you think pay stubs only are enough to rest assure them?

Should I send this document by email or couriers?

Many thanks!

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Hi Ayaram,

Don't worry, you're eligible but they just want to make sure you're in Canada because you can't sponsor someone when you're outside Canada when you're a PR
Actually my husband provided similar documents when he applied for his pr renewal, not our sponsorship application though
Just provide what they need ( clear scanned copies) by e-mail and explain to them why you can not provide some of the documents,and get an employment letter from your work, pay stubs, you can also send bank statements... Anything that can prove your residency there

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
spirit-88 said:
Hi Ayaram,

Don't worry, you're eligible but they just want to make sure you're in Canada because you can't sponsor someone when you're outside Canada when you're a PR
Actually my husband provided similar documents when he applied for his pr renewal, not our sponsorship application though
Just provide what they need ( clear scanned copies) by e-mail and explain to them why you can not provide some of the documents,and get an employment letter from your work, pay stubs, you can also send bank statements... Anything that can prove your residency there
Thank you spirit for replying! It was helpful!

Hope you hear good news to put you at rest soon.

Egybe

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
11 November in process
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 May 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-April 2016
LANDED..........
23-May 2016 Inshaalla
Hello Ayaram

What time Cairo VO start proscessing you husband PR app

Mine start proscessing it 11th November

Me and my husband never received any email from Cic and Cairo VO as well I just received regular mail for SA is it normal?

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
I don't know what SA is

Cairo visa office doesn't send email updates, from my experience. you shouldn't worry.

Egybe

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
11 November in process
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 May 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-April 2016
LANDED..........
23-May 2016 Inshaalla
ayaram said:
I don't know what SA is

Cairo visa office don't send email updates, from my experience. you shouldn't worry.
sponsor approval Means SA

At what time Cairo visa office start proscessing your husband app

Thanks

Sarba

Oct 7, 2015
Hi Ayaram,

I had the exact same thing happen to me and I also thought it was weird because they had already ok'd my papers. I'm also living with my parents so, like spirit said, just scan everything you have and explain why you don't have the others. When I did this they asked me AGAIN for papers I don't have and told me I had two weeks to do it, when they had originally told me I have 30 days. Before I even had a chance to respond they sent my husbands passport request….it was very strange…but I guess they got what they needed.

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Sarba said:
Hi Ayaram,

I had the exact same thing happen to me and I also thought it was weird because they had already ok'd my papers. I'm also living with my parents so, like spirit said, just scan everything you have and explain why you don't have the others. When I did this they asked me AGAIN for papers I don't have and told me I had two weeks to do it, when they had originally told me I have 30 days. Before I even had a chance to respond they sent my husbands passport request….it was very strange…but I guess they got what they needed.
Hi sarba,

Can I ask what documents you provided them with initially? Did you also send pay stubs and bank statements? When they contacted you again did they tell you what you were missing specifically before and how long Before they replied ? I'm a little worried that I don't have rent or utility bills in my name. My bank statements, however, can show that all my transactions took place within Canada.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Hi Sarba, could you please check the tracking at dhl website, not the mobile app and tell me who signed for your package at the visa office, that if you still have the tracking number

Sarba

Oct 7, 2015
Hi Ayaram,

The first time they asked I ONLY sent pay stubs because that is all I had. I'm living with my parents so I don't have any hydro/utility bills. They also asked for my NOA 2014 which I had requested from CRA ages ago and never received. I wrote them back the same day and explained my situation -that I didn't have bills and also that it would be impossible to get a copy of my NOA in 30 days. THey wrote me back in 2 days and just repeated their original message but instead of asking for bills they asked for a letter from my employer and told me I had 2 weeks as opposed to 30 days. I sent my letter from my employer (which I had sent with my original package) then I went to my MP's office to see if they could get a copy of my NOA but it was over Christmas/New Years so they closed the day after I was there. Less than two weeks after I got the message from immigration we got the PPR.

Spirit do you mean when my husband SENT his passport?