CAIRO VISA OFFICE

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Magic jack is not allowed here in Egypt believe me my wife sent me one in 2010 Sep and they didnt allow me to get from the post office and the NTRA National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority which is responsible for Telecommunication in Whole Egypt
post office asked to bring approval letter from NTRA and NTRA didnt approve it
this NTRA is also giving the approval letters for the cellphones that sent to Egypt and many more things
idont know my be they changed now i mean they start allowed but before you send it to your family ithink its better if they can contact NTRA first

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DR X eng if you want to understand why magic jack is not allowed here in Egypt just try to that :-
Apprehending A Telecom Network By-Passing International Calls

Cairo on 21/10/2012

The National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA), in collaboration with the Armed Forces and telecom police department and by virtue of judicial apprehension, determined the location of a company that has been assuming illegally the Global (AT&T) Company’s name in Nasr City (Cairo) and Miami (Alexandria).

That company, in its 2 premises, took the possession of and trafficked in unlicensed telecom equipment. In addition, it took control of a telecom network that by-passed international calls incoming from abroad to Egypt, and provided telecommunications services without obtaining prior license from NTRA.

Moreover, the company announced that it has been by-passing international calls through subscription and the download of VOIP software, knowing that the subscriber’s number is kept unknown and concealed to any authorities. Hence, this led to losses that amounted to hundreds of millions of Egyptian pounds per annum in addition to its impact on national security. The security forces, in collaboration with the members of a committee affiliated to the NTRA, raided the company premises in Nasr City and Miami where they seized documents and equipment that proved that the company used to by-pass the international calls. The company owner, Peter Yunnan Ibrahim Yusuf was arrested and referred to the prosecution to take legal action against him.

Dr. Amr Badawi, NTRA’s Executive President, has stated that committing such acts of by-passing international calls without passing by the licensed networks has been considered a breach of the provisions of Article 21 of the Telecom Regulation Law No. 10/ 2003, which stipulates that, “It is prohibited to establish or operate Telecommunication Networks, provide Telecommunication Services, by-pass international telephone calls or announce any of these without obtaining a license from the NTRA in accordance with the provisions of this Law and its executive resolutions.” The NTRA’s Executive President has added that Article 72 of the same Law has stipulated the penalty of such violating acts, as it states that “Whoever carries out any of the following acts without obtaining a license from the NTRA according to the provisions of this law shall be liable to prison for a period of not less than six months and not exceeding five years and a fine of not less than fifty thousand pounds and not exceeding five hundred thousand pounds, or either penalty: 1) Establishing or operating Telecommunication Networks; 2) Establishing Telecommunication Networks Infrastructure; 3) Providing Telecommunication Services; 4) By-passing international telephone calls by any means whatsoever. In addition, a ruling shall be issued confiscating all equipment, sets and connections used in perpetrating such crimes. A ruling shall also be passed obliging the convict to pay suitable compensation in the case prescribed in item 4 of this Article.”

Furthermore, Dr. Amr Badawi has pointed out that the NTRA is in the process of implementing a number of judicial apprehensions in the coming period in various governorates concurrently in order to eliminate such practices that are a breach of the provisions of the Telecom Regulation Law No. 10/ 2003. The NTRA calls upon the telecom services users to take heed of the necessity of ensuring the legality of the procedures taken to make international calls in addition to the necessity of making sure of the usage of licensed telecom devices lest they fall under the penalty of law. In addition, they should make sure of the authenticity and validity of the data of the mobile services subscribers to ensure the continuity of the provision of the service provided thereto.

thats why its not allowed

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here if you want to contact them
http://www.tra.gov.eg/english/main.asp?
plus i think the number is 155 from Egypt
if also want to go there personally i mean one of your family
here their address
الجهاز القومى لتنظيم الاتصالات والمعلومات مدينة نصر بجوار مبنى جهاز اامن الدولة(الامن الوطنى ) امام جامعة الازهر المعسكر الدائم

smart_roma

Star Member
Nov 29, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt - CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2011
Nomination.....
No.
AOR Received.
PER: 16-02-2012
Med's Request
03-05-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012 "E-case updated 05-11-2012"
Passport Req..
10-12-2012 "RPRF Correct sent 17-12-2012"
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2013 "PP's received 23-01-2013", corrections 03-02-2013
if you sent it in personal with anyone comming to egypt it will work without any problem, if u ordered it the customs will not allow it to get in the country.. thousands of people are usung it here in Egypt..

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smart_roma said:
it needs an internet connection, old model needs Computer but the new models doesn't need "only an internet line and electric source"..
Thanks, it relies on Egyptian internet! some VOIP companies give VOIP numbers out of different country area codes, however few years I found a company that would give an Egypt area number but once I started to act seriously they said we can not! It is simply because TELCOM Egypt market monopoly. I think and not sure if these things changed after revolution...It should!

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
smart_roma said:
if you sent it in personal with anyone comming to egypt it will work without any problem, if u ordered it the customs will not allow it to get in the country.. thousands of people are usung it here in Egypt..
agree with you smart roma because my friend sent one for his family and i made calls before from it So i agree with you about anyone can use it here

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madatito2000 said:
DR X eng if you want to understand why magic jack is not allowed here in Egypt just try to that :-
Apprehending A Telecom Network By-Passing International Calls

Cairo on 21/10/2012

The National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA), in collaboration with the Armed Forces and telecom police department and by virtue of judicial apprehension, determined the location of a company that has been assuming illegally the Global (AT&T) Company's name in Nasr City (Cairo) and Miami (Alexandria).

That company, in its 2 premises, took the possession of and trafficked in unlicensed telecom equipment. In addition, it took control of a telecom network that by-passed international calls incoming from abroad to Egypt, and provided telecommunications services without obtaining prior license from NTRA.

Moreover, the company announced that it has been by-passing international calls through subscription and the download of VOIP software, knowing that the subscriber's number is kept unknown and concealed to any authorities. Hence, this led to losses that amounted to hundreds of millions of Egyptian pounds per annum in addition to its impact on national security. The security forces, in collaboration with the members of a committee affiliated to the NTRA, raided the company premises in Nasr City and Miami where they seized documents and equipment that proved that the company used to by-pass the international calls. The company owner, Peter Yunnan Ibrahim Yusuf was arrested and referred to the prosecution to take legal action against him.

Dr. Amr Badawi, NTRA's Executive President, has stated that committing such acts of by-passing international calls without passing by the licensed networks has been considered a breach of the provisions of Article 21 of the Telecom Regulation Law No. 10/ 2003, which stipulates that, “It is prohibited to establish or operate Telecommunication Networks, provide Telecommunication Services, by-pass international telephone calls or announce any of these without obtaining a license from the NTRA in accordance with the provisions of this Law and its executive resolutions.” The NTRA's Executive President has added that Article 72 of the same Law has stipulated the penalty of such violating acts, as it states that “Whoever carries out any of the following acts without obtaining a license from the NTRA according to the provisions of this law shall be liable to prison for a period of not less than six months and not exceeding five years and a fine of not less than fifty thousand pounds and not exceeding five hundred thousand pounds, or either penalty: 1) Establishing or operating Telecommunication Networks; 2) Establishing Telecommunication Networks Infrastructure; 3) Providing Telecommunication Services; 4) By-passing international telephone calls by any means whatsoever. In addition, a ruling shall be issued confiscating all equipment, sets and connections used in perpetrating such crimes. A ruling shall also be passed obliging the convict to pay suitable compensation in the case prescribed in item 4 of this Article.”

Furthermore, Dr. Amr Badawi has pointed out that the NTRA is in the process of implementing a number of judicial apprehensions in the coming period in various governorates concurrently in order to eliminate such practices that are a breach of the provisions of the Telecom Regulation Law No. 10/ 2003. The NTRA calls upon the telecom services users to take heed of the necessity of ensuring the legality of the procedures taken to make international calls in addition to the necessity of making sure of the usage of licensed telecom devices lest they fall under the penalty of law. In addition, they should make sure of the authenticity and validity of the data of the mobile services subscribers to ensure the continuity of the provision of the service provided thereto.

thats why its not allowed
I think the date is before 10/2012 since that was in the period when the armed forces were the authority. The whole thing is just a monopoly.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freeislam000 said:
agree with you smart roma because my friend sent one for his family and i made calls before from it So i agree with you about anyone can use it here
The problem with these things is: they can ban it on the internet evenif you have successfully brought it (the hardware)! Some countries did so

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
I think the date is before 10/2012 since that was in the period when the armed forces were the authority. The whole thing is just a monopoly.
http://www.tra.gov.eg/english/News_NewsDetails.asp?ID=198
the date is right and here is the link from NTRA website

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
i also said i dont know what are they doing now ?i had an experience with them two years ago
that why i gave the link and the address and their hotline or call center or service call
so you can be sure before you send it because they may changed
i remember few years ago they didnt allow for phones that have GPS to inter Egypt and now its so allowed
so just check them out or you can send it with some one
dont send it in mail

shams shams

Oct 19, 2012
Thank YOU very much Freeislam for this nice program
my husband have an interview after tomorow in Nov 5,2012 i hope everything will be well done for him

HRH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sudan
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2012 another medical 10/3/2014
AOR Received.
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
20/2/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
29/4/2014
LANDED..........
4/6/2014
fadi pal said:
guys .. can any one tell me what the hell is going on with this cairo visa office..? been waiting for almost 2 months to return my passport .. unbelievable .. this is getting so frustrating. anyone hass got his visa lately ... ??? emailed them many time and no freaking responce.
good luck insha alla it will end soon,
i didn't reached your stage yet,

freeislam000

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
28-12-2011---results received july 11th/2012
Interview........
12-05-2013 ( Reject ) another chance on 8/10/2013
Passport Req..
29/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2013
LANDED..........
28/11/2013
shams shams said:
Thank YOU very much Freeislam for this nice program
my husband have an interview after tomorow in Nov 5,2012 i hope everything will be well done for him
You are welcome and allah with him and insh allah he will pass it

CanadianHala

Apr 19, 2012
Hello,

I'm an Egyptian Canadian that lived in Egypt for my whole life, I got married in Egypt and decided to move with my husband to Canada (I will sponsor him).
Upon filling the sponsorship application as a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada, I faced the question of showing the intentions to come to Canada, we didn't have any proofs to show our intentions to come.

So,we decided to tweak our plan as we thought it would be faster and easier. I traveled to Canada to look for a job and apply for the sponsorship for him from within Canada.
After landing, I issued my G1, opened a bank account, issued SIN, bought a cell number, went to seek help to indulge in the culture through multicultural centers, attended job fairs. It's been 2 months now without gaining a job! (trying to have a job here needs full time working and not less than 2 or 3 months to see ur gain)
I haven't started yet my sponsorship procedures coz I fear of having no income, my financial situation would be questionable for them (although no need for minimal income to sponsor a spouse, but nothing is guaranteed).
One more point is that if I had a sponsorship acceptance, it would take the Cairo visa office 14 months to issue the PR for him (as written on their site), which is unfair that we keep separated for 14 months!

I'm now thinking about getting back to the previous plan which is returning back to Egypt, and applying as a Canadian living outside Canada.
My proofs of intentions to return to Canada will be, traveling to Canada for some procedures like issuing SIN, driving license, opening a bank account to transfer money to, attending job fair, and I'll attach the job postings on my mail.
I'm very confused and afraid to take any step. I don't know whether to stay in Canada and apply from within here is more guaranteed and faster, or to go back to Egypt, unite with my husband and apply from there!

candab

Aug 10, 2012
CanadianHala said:
Hello,

I'm an Egyptian Canadian that lived in Egypt for my whole life, I got married in Egypt and decided to move with my husband to Canada (I will sponsor him).
Upon filling the sponsorship application as a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada, I faced the question of showing the intentions to come to Canada, we didn't have any proofs to show our intentions to come.

So,we decided to tweak our plan as we thought it would be faster and easier. I traveled to Canada to look for a job and apply for the sponsorship for him from within Canada.
After landing, I issued my G1, opened a bank account, issued SIN, bought a cell number, went to seek help to indulge in the culture through multicultural centers, attended job fairs. It's been 2 months now without gaining a job! (trying to have a job here needs full time working and not less than 2 or 3 months to see ur gain)
I haven't started yet my sponsorship procedures coz I fear of having no income, my financial situation would be questionable for them (although no need for minimal income to sponsor a spouse, but nothing is guaranteed).
One more point is that if I had a sponsorship acceptance, it would take the Cairo visa office 14 months to issue the PR for him (as written on their site), which is unfair that we keep separated for 14 months!

I'm now thinking about getting back to the previous plan which is returning back to Egypt, and applying as a Canadian living outside Canada.
My proofs of intentions to return to Canada will be, traveling to Canada for some procedures like issuing SIN, driving license, opening a bank account to transfer money to, attending job fair, and I'll attach the job postings on my mail.
I'm very confused and afraid to take any step. I don't know whether to stay in Canada and apply from within here is more guaranteed and faster, or to go back to Egypt, unite with my husband and apply from there!
Did you consider to apply from Canada and once you are approved as a sponsor, you can go to Egypt and wait there while they process his part in Cairo (14 months as stated on their website). Once your application is submitted, you should only have to wait around 35 days until you hear if you are approved as a sponsor and then after that you can go to Egypt and be with your husband...