+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIRO VISA OFFICE

CanadianHala

Apr 19, 2012
yes sue, It's one of my plans, but I fear 2 points
1) Although there's no minimum income for spousal sponsorship, I'm afraid having no income may weaken my application
2) If I got my approval and went back to Egypt and waited for my husbands PR, would they know that and affect the procedures negatively?

If any one has similar experiences plz share it!

candab

Aug 10, 2012
CanadianHala said:
yes sue, It's one of my plans, but I fear 2 points
1) Although there's no minimum income for spousal sponsorship, I'm afraid having no income may weaken my application
2) If I got my approval and went back to Egypt and waited for my husbands PR, would they know that and affect the procedures negatively?

If any one has similar experiences plz share it!
I am Canadian and living in Egypt with my husband...I have no income (none!!) and was approved as a sponsor...I did provide a letter of employment to show that I would have work when I arrived in Canada as well as proof that I would have somewhere to live.
If you're concerned about the application, why not look into hiring an immigration consultant? They can be pricey, but there are different options such as having their ful consultation and they process the entire file (expensive) or a partial consultation where they only offer advice but you have to fill the applications (obviously not as much cost). You can find a list of approved consultants online on the Cic website.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shams shams said:
Thank YOU very much Freeislam for this nice program
my husband have an interview after tomorow in Nov 5,2012 i hope everything will be well done for him
congratulations inadavnce, it will be allright

ismailhiggy

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Original PP submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
31-12-2012
Good morning

Is there any thread here related to the requirments for Temporary Work Permit visa process in Canadian Embassy in Cairo

Thanks in advance

candab

Aug 10, 2012
CanadianHala said:
Thanks a lot for help.
Did u apply from within Canada or from Egypt as a Canadian living exclusively outside Canada?
I applied as a Canadian living outside of Egypt.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
maybenot said:
Hello Guys

Speaking From Canada and would like to share some advises to new commers
After long process in Canadian Embassy In cairo and lots of misunderstanding
and after a battle with the Military Permit ( which turn out to be its easier than anyone think and you shouldn't worry much about it )

Arriving Canada around month ago

Landing Process is very simple and welcoming and no problem about it
make sure you give correct address to the immigration officer thats where the PR card send to

also you need to get SIN done that can be done via Service Ontario if your coming to ontario.
and the OHIP or Medical Insurance card also Service Ontario if im not mistaken ( you wont be covered medically till 3 months after your arrival to canada )
anyway the Canadian Medical Insurance System sucks and its based on long waiting list to get operation done may take years if not emergency or even other simple tests you need to wait all day long before getting it done.
However, Much better than our system in egypt of course even thought Medical bills outside the system which everyone use in egypt much much cheaper.

- its important to get your International Driver License done from egypt, it could be done from " Nady El saiarat el masry In alex or Cairo "
that will allow you to drive in canada for 2 months only because you are PR and not visitor ( Ontario Law ) not sure about other areas.
after that you need to get your local license
it goes for three stages G1 G2 and G
If your egyptian driver license issued more than a year ago then you can jump from G1 to G2 right away because G1 restricted and you can't drive alone its only written test , G2 will allow you to drive anytime anywhere except highway ( but they not strict about that from what i heard )

so its impotant to get your International Driver Licenses
and if possible Translate your driver License in egypt and legalize it from Canadian Embassy if you want to Jump to G " the final one "
because you have to wait 1 year before applying for G if you don't have Legalized Translation of your license.
but my advice G2 will keep you going.

other advise guys dont expect job opportunities waiting for you over here its not true Canadian suffering from Unemployment rate of 7.5%
so get prepaid to have enough money before you can find work it will take time before you start

Islamic community in Toronto will make you feel like home keep going to mosque if possible at least Friday to get engaged to the Islamic community to keep your identity over seas

and of course weather so bad much cold by now and they telling me that i didn't see the Real Cold weather yet !!

wish you all best of luck

Hello:

I just wondered if you can give the address/phone number of the office in Cairo?(where to get the international drivers license)

How much does it cost?

How long does it take?

Written test or actual driving and or both required?

Do you have to take a vehicle with you or is there one available?

Do you need to make an appointment before hand?

How much did the embassy charge to legalize the translation?

Thanks in advance!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MadeInCanada said:
Hello:

I just wondered if you can give the address/phone number of the office in Cairo?(where to get the international drivers license)

How much does it cost?

How long does it take?

Written test or actual driving and or both required?

Do you have to take a vehicle with you or is there one available?

Do you need to make an appointment before hand?

How much did the embassy charge to legalize the translation?

Thanks in advance!
First, how are you?
I believe "You can get an international driver license online." There shouldn't be any exams, the international driver license is nothing more than a translation of your current driver license and you should carry both.
Scratch what I said if wrong, I found they did some changes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Driving_Permit

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Thank you Dr Eng X!

I am good thanks, and you? I will review the information in the link you provided.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MadeInCanada said:
Hi

Can someone make a point form list of all the issues that require improvement with regards to the Cairo office?

For example:

lost files
not updating ecase
not responding to inquiries within time or at all
long wait time
Ect...

Anyone finding points missing please feel free to add to it. Without personal opinions (not that it doesn't matter, I just need clear facts).

Thank you
hAy! with a big A :) Eh! How aboot figuring oot these :) family immigration...

Mohamed_Hassan

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Egypt
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Well I am sorry but i will get off topic a little bit. How many times does it take for members of the forum to be verbally assaulted, bullied and harassed by another before the moderators suspend or delete the offenders account?!

This forum is here for people to help each other via their experiences, to gain insight from. NOT to impose opinions on anyone's personal life and or situation.

I realize that there are other issues to be addressed. However I am concerned that the activities which I have not only witnessed but fallen victim to, have been allowed to continue.

I came to this site for help, not to be attacked, berated and or ridiculed. I am seriously appalled that the actions to which I refer have been given the chance to be repeated.

Yes maybe the posts have been deleted, but why hasn't the guilty persons account?

CanadianHala

Apr 19, 2012
Hello,

My husband (the sponsored) lives in Alexandria, we've known the designated Doctors in Alex to undergo the meds, but I have some questions

1) we r confused about WHEN exactly to undergo the medicals??
2) What are the required medicals??
3) away from the meds, what generally are the documents that needs to be translated, and where in Alexandria, if anyone has an idea?? (can he translate the marriage certificate in Alexandria??)

Best Regards.

madatito2000

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianHala said:
Hello,

My husband (the sponsored) lives in Alexandria, we've known the designated Doctors in Alex to undergo the meds, but I have some questions

1) we r confused about WHEN exactly to undergo the medicals??
2) What are the required medicals??
3) away from the meds, what generally are the documents that needs to be translated, and where in Alexandria, if anyone has an idea?? (can he translate the marriage certificate in Alexandria??)

Best Regards.
1)- to avoid re medical i mean during the processing time which is 14 months ithink you better finish filling your applications first and one weak before you guys send it ithink this is the best time to make your medical so pay attention that the medical tests is valid for 12 months
2)- the required medicals is :-
The medical examination is defined as any or all of the following:
•Complete physical examination for all family members;
•Chest X-ray and a radiologist’s report for everyone aged 11 years and older;
•Urinalysis for everyone aged 5 years and older;
•Blood test for everyone aged 15 years and older;
•HIV testing for everyone aged 15 years and older and
•HIV testing for children who have received blood or blood products or who have a known HIV mother
and the doctor will make all of that for your husband after paying the fees and then give him paper that he must put with your application
3)- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
here is the link that have every single document that you must do it to ur application
the document that ur husband must translate i think and i hope it still same im sure bcz in one year ago it was different from now i guess
so i think its marriage certificate and police clearance and family certificate its one called (kashf el ahl or keed aaelley in Arabic words ) plus his birth certificate
about alexandriah offices you know what i think he must go to Cairo where is he will authenticated his marriage certificate in Canadian Embassy plus the ministry of justice they translated also papers in ministry of justice with cheapest price like 15 pound and 25 pound
so what will make him come to Cairo for authenticated and documented his marriage certificate he can make translate everything there
so for his marriage he can translated it in ministry of justice in Dar El kadaa El aaly its in ramses street
his police clearance and his family certificate he can translate both of them in the building where did you guys get married in ministry of justice in the department of translation in 14 th floor
his birth certificate he can translate it in ministry of health its close to ministry of justice its next to People assembly buidling he can get the translation in same day