+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAIPS delay. What to do?

skks

Sep 4, 2019
I have had applied for my CAIPS after getting 2 student refusals but now I have received this message from the CAIPS team

I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

I had applied on 1st October and it should have come by 1st November. But now I am confused about whether I should re-apply without the CAIPS or should just wait for it to come before Dec 1.

Please Help

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Wow, it seems like you have a lot of files attached to your records. Were your applications refused for complex reasons?

skks

Sep 4, 2019
Wow, it seems like you have a lot of files attached to your records. Were your applications refused for complex reasons?
No. I was refused twice for the same reasons i.e

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. I am honestly feeling helpless. what do you suggest i do? Also, What are various other reasons that come under purpose of visit which I can cover all at once

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
In your other thread we were discussing your application and how the course of study you've chosen overlaps greatly with what you've already taken and how it may make visa officers doubt your purpose is truly for study. You need to either convince the visa officers that your course of study will advance your career, even though it covers part of what you've already studied, or you need to pick a different course of study in Canada that builds on what you've already studied.

If a visa officer sees someone with existing education and degrees apply for a course of study in Canada that duplicates what they've already studied or that seems to be "below" their current level of accomplishment, it will always immediately look like an attempt to get into Canada to stay. That's what purpose of visit is - the visa officer doubts you are a genuine student. Having two rejections adds to that.

So brutally honest question from which I expect an honest answer: are you truly applying for the study permit to study this course and then leave Canada, or are you using it as an attempt to get into Canada and secure a PGWP?

Reactions: sahar1929

Siddhanthooda

Star Member
May 31, 2019
In your other thread we were discussing your application and how the course of study you've chosen overlaps greatly with what you've already taken and how it may make visa officers doubt your purpose is truly for study. You need to either convince the visa officers that your course of study will advance your career, even though it covers part of what you've already studied, or you need to pick a different course of study in Canada that builds on what you've already studied.

If a visa officer sees someone with existing education and degrees apply for a course of study in Canada that duplicates what they've already studied or that seems to be "below" their current level of accomplishment, it will always immediately look like an attempt to get into Canada to stay. That's what purpose of visit is - the visa officer doubts you are a genuine student. Having two rejections adds to that.

So brutally honest question from which I expect an honest answer: are you truly applying for the study permit to study this course and then leave Canada, or are you using it as an attempt to get into Canada and secure a PGWP?
I am also planning to do PG diploma in Business Management. I have done b.com. Will I get visa? Or is it overlap

skks

Sep 4, 2019

Like I said before I have done my bachelor's in commerce where I specialized in Financial Markets. The course I am opting for is business Management which has a different context. But that's honestly my area of interest and exactly what I want to study.
Also to be brutally honest my plan was to study this course and gain good experience and at the same do the job for one year in Canada for paying back my loans which I have already taken. After which my sister's marriage would be on cards and I would have to be back in my country. I even mentioned my sister's marriage reason to sound more convincing. PGWP was never my aim as the course is of 2 years after which it would depend on the condition of my family whether to return or not. What do you suggest

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Like I said before I have done my bachelor's in commerce where I specialized in Financial Markets. The course I am opting for is business Management which has a different context. But that's honestly my area of interest and exactly what I want to study.
Also to be brutally honest my plan was to study this course and gain good experience and at the same do the job for one year in Canada for paying back my loans which I have already taken. After which my sister's marriage would be on cards and I would have to be back in my country. I even mentioned my sister's marriage reason to sound more convincing. PGWP was never my aim as the course is of 2 years after which it would depend on the condition of my family whether to return or not. What do you suggest
You really need to clearly explain the change of specialization in your SOP, with examples of what you expect to learn and how it will help you. I am willing to bet that after you get your delayed CAIPS/GCMS notes back, the visa officer's evaluation will be that your proposed course of study does not make sense in light of your current qualification and achievements, and your lack of ties and compelling reasons to return home.

Your sister's marriage, while culturally important, does not outweigh the opportunities a PGWP provides.

Wait for your notes and see what the visa officer said. Being rejected three times will look far too much like you're just applying for everything to try to get into Canada. Being rejected twice already does that.

Siddhanthooda

Star Member
May 31, 2019
W
You really need to clearly explain the change of specialization in your SOP, with examples of what you expect to learn and how it will help you. I am willing to bet that after you get your delayed CAIPS/GCMS notes back, the visa officer's evaluation will be that your proposed course of study does not make sense in light of your current qualification and achievements, and your lack of ties and compelling reasons to return home.

Your sister's marriage, while culturally important, does not outweigh the opportunities a PGWP provides.

Wait for your notes and see what the visa officer said. Being rejected three times will look far too much like you're just applying for everything to try to get into Canada. Being rejected twice already does that.
Why do you think a commerce degree overlaps PG diploma in Business Management. PG diploma is an advanced level course than B. COM. PG Diploma in Business Management is the only course which B.com graduates study in Canada as far as I've seen.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Overlap or not the biggest issue is a switch in concentration. A BCom in financial markets switching to a diploma in business management needs to be explained.

The CAIPS/GCMS notes will be the only way to determine what objections, if noted, the visa officer had.

A lot of people apply for whatever diploma program will take them to get access to work permits in Canada, and visa officers are trained to identify those looking for opportunities like that and reject applications.

skks

Sep 4, 2019

Waiting for the notes to come would result in not getting the Jan intake. I already had deferred my offer letter from the Sep intake to Jan intake. As you would be knowing the deadline is 1st December for submission of application my chances of going to Canada for studying will take a hit again.
I worked hard for almost a year for this plan to work and even quit my job. What would be your take on that

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you apply without addressing rejection reasons and get rejected again, for a third time, I would expect you to have very little chance of ever getting a study permit (and also visitors' visas)

Siddhanthooda

Star Member
May 31, 2019
S
Overlap or not the biggest issue is a switch in concentration. A BCom in financial markets switching to a diploma in business management needs to be explained.

The CAIPS/GCMS notes will be the only way to determine what objections, if noted, the visa officer had.

A lot of people apply for whatever diploma program will take them to get access to work permits in Canada, and visa officers are trained to identify those looking for opportunities like that and reject applications.
So what according to you B.com graduates should go for? There's no option left.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
S

So what according to you B.com graduates should go for? There's no option left.
I'm not an academic adviser, if you want one go hire one.

You need to pick something that advances your studies, and if it's different from what you studied in your undergraduate degree, make a compelling reason why you're switching.

And then have compelling reasons why you need to do that education in Canada and not literally anywhere else in the world, and compelling reasons why you're going to leave Canada.

Every application is assessed holistically - there needs to be a valid purpose of travel and valid reasons why Canada is the option and valid supporting evidence that the applicant will leave, along with a lot of other considerations.

If you're just applying to random PGWP eligible programs, it may not work.

skks

Sep 4, 2019
If you apply without addressing rejection reasons and get rejected again, for a third time, I would expect you to have very little chance of ever getting a study permit (and also visitors' visas)
Just in case if the Caips doesn't come on time and I apply for one last time what are the areas I should specifically address according to you. I have shown them my family ties,proof of funds and even s

Is there a chance of getting Caips before the stipulated date even after this notifcation from them. Also, just in case If I wait till last week of November and yet not get Caips and go on to apply for the third which would also be my last application which are the points which I should specifically target to explain and How?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just in case if the Caips doesn't come on time and I apply for one last time what are the areas I should specifically address according to you. I have shown them my family ties,proof of funds and even s
I don't know and cannot answer this because you don't have the notes.
Is there a chance of getting Caips before the stipulated date even after this notifcation from them. Also, just in case If I wait till last week of November and yet not get Caips and go on to apply for the third which would also be my last application which are the points which I should specifically target to explain and How?
There is.

There's also a chance of the sun exploding before Tuesday.

I'm not saying they're the same chances.

Again, I'm not a consultant, you haven't got your notes, and I'm not being paid to provide you with personal advice. I can't tell you what you should specifically target to explain if you insist on applying before you learn what has caused two rejections.