Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
ok, thx
If you were receiving EI then put that as its a source of income and will show on your tax information. Perhaps something like "Unemployed / EI - Work related injury" with dates etc.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi all,

Please suggest, what's the best bet for me here !

1. I did IELTS but don't have any record right now. Can it be pulled out somehow from their web site, any clue !!
2. I also did CLBPT, with all 8. I have that result with me. Can it be of any help, as third part proof of language !
3. I have my engineering degree in English and got it verified by CCPE and result was positive. Can I attach that CCPE letter with degree, will it suffice...as proof of English language !

A quick feedback will be appreciated.

rdbr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
**-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Hi all,

Please suggest, what's the best bet for me here !

1. I did IELTS but don't have any record right now. Can it be pulled out somehow from their web site, any clue !!
2. I also did CLBPT, with all 8. I have that result with me. Can it be of any help, as third part proof of language !
3. I have my engineering degree in English and got it verified by CCPE and result was positive. Can I attach that CCPE letter with degree, will it suffice...as proof of English language !

A quick feedback will be appreciated.
I didn't have the originals of my IELTS score as well; they did not even ask about the proof of it. I took my MSc degree with me just in case; would recommend you to do the same.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Should I just attach the degree, no need for transcripts !

I didn't have the originals of my IELTS score as well; they did not even ask about the proof of it. I took my MSc degree with me just in case; would recommend you to do the same.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Hi friends,

I am planning to apply by mid-March. I have some questions regarding income tax filing requirements.
We landed in May 2014.
Myself and wife already filed three income tax statements- in April 2015 (for the year 2014), 2016, 2017. So, we already meet the requirements of 3 income tax filings.
My qstns are:

Qstn(1)
Is this enough? or, since tax filing season is approached, should i file for this year also, before applying for citizenship? (we haven't got the T-4 yet and it may take few more days, I guess). Usually we file IT around mid- April. I don't want to delay citizenship application by one more month, if it is not required.

Qstn(2)
My son has filed only two income tax statements- in April 2016, and 2017. He was not required to file in 2015 since he was under 18 years age at that time. Normally, as per CIC this should be OK, I think. Because CIC says, only those who are required to file IT only are supposed to file in all the three years.
But again, since this is tax filing time, does it make any difference for my son's case since he has only two filings?

Thanks!!!

rdbr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
**-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Should I just attach the degree, no need for transcripts !
I added both just in case. Also printed and added the email reply from IELTS as they mentioned that they are not able to generate a new copy since it's outdated. Better to be prepared than struggling during interview. But again, they didn't ask anything about the language requirements.

mtoaha

Nov 2, 2017
My question is regarding Living Address.
The situation is as follows:
My Residential address is in GTA and I work in a place which is almost 200 km away from my residence. As a result, I stay in a hotel near my workplace during the workdays and I comeback to GTA at weekends and stay the whole weekends and again go back to workplace. This is what I have been continuing for the last one year. Now, my question is: what should be my Living Address? Is it my residence in GTA where my family lives or the address of the hotel at my workplace?

FrodonSBK

Feb 28, 2018
Hello everybody, I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

i was on a sick leave for 2 months before i send my application, but still with the same company
The thing is in the history of jobs i named only the company where i worked, i thought there is no need to mention my sick leave

Should i contact IRCC to clarify that ?????????

Please advise !!!!!!!!

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Has anyone received a test invite with a strange-ish time for their appointment? Not a straight-up rounded-up time like 8:15am or 8:30am and so forth... but like 1:34pm or something else off like that with the minutes?

kuruvillaaslp

Mar 10, 2014
Wow.. So impressive work. One question for you:
I landed with my family on Nov 2014 and planing to submit my citizenship application around beginning of April 2018.

I had stayed more than 183 days in India during the last four year's before landing on Nov 2014. (i.e; Since April 2014 to April 2018). so i need to submit police clearance certificate, right ?
Is our eligibility date is from Nov 2014 (landed) to April 2018 (applying for citizenship) or is it 5 year's from April 2018 (Applying) ?
Kindly confirm ?
TIA.
Cheers.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Wow.. So impressive work. One question for you:
I landed with my family on Nov 2014 and planing to submit my citizenship application around beginning of April 2018.

I had stayed more than 183 days in India during the last four year's before landing on Nov 2014. (i.e; Since April 2014 to April 2018). so i need to submit police clearance certificate, right ?
Is our eligibility date is from Nov 2014 (landed) to April 2018 (applying for citizenship) or is it 5 year's from April 2018 (Applying) ?
Kindly confirm ?
TIA.
Cheers.
Answered in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eligibility-period.524987/#post-6776512

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Hi All,

I am eligible for citizenship since October 2017 but still did not file my application because I am not sure about how to fill Q13. can an expert here tell me with certainty if Temporary residency permit in another country considered " Immigration status"? I have consulted an expert in a government funded immigration office and he ensured me that as long as it is temporary it is not an immigration status but I don't want to show up for my citizenship test and the officer looks at my passport and sees 10ns of residency permits stickers in my passport and asks me:" why didn't you list these".

Thanks!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi All,

I am eligible for citizenship since October 2017 but still did not file my application because I am not sure about how to fill Q13. can an expert here tell me with certainty if Temporary residency permit in another country considered " Immigration status"? I have consulted an expert in a government funded immigration office and he ensured me that as long as it is temporary it is not an immigration status but I don't want to show up for my citizenship test and the officer looks at my passport and sees 10ns of residency permits stickers in my passport and asks me:" why didn't you list these".

Thanks!
I am NO expert. But I can read what it asks in item 13 and read the help instructions. Obviously whether the status in another country is temporary or permanent does NOT determine whether it needs to be disclosed. The item itself and the help instructions explicitly give examples including temporary status, referring to both student status and employment or worker status.

I cannot explain why the "expert" you consulted did not readily recognize that a student permit is TEMPORARY status, and that status is specifically specified as an example of what needs to be disclosed, and thus it is NOT correct to say if it is TEMPORARY status it does not need to be disclosed.

BUT, frankly, "why didn't you list . . . [countries in which you had residency status]?" is indeed the question. Really, as in why not apply and simply list those countries and the status you had in them? Whether IRCC would see evidence of that status in a passport or not!

How to complete item 13 should not be confusing. No need to list every country visited. But the applicant should list every country for which the applicant had any sort of status which would allow the applicant to reside or work in that country, temporary or otherwise.

It is rarely a good idea to NOT disclose information IRCC asks for, and never a good idea to overtly conceal information. Applicants do not need to spill-their-guts divulging extra information not requested, and ordinarily should limit responses to what is specifically responsive to what is asked, but if it seems IRCC is asking for this or that information, the best approach is to give IRCC that information.

In other words, there is no need to give IRCC more information than it asks for, but the process tends to work best if the applicant is sure to give IRCC all the information asked for, and thus things tend to go better if the applicant errs on the side of giving all the information IRCC appears to be asking for.

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
@dpenabill ,first let me thank you ,for all of ur interventions,you are really a very knowlegable person,and your contribution is really important in this forum,helping people everyday...
I have a question for you,if you have the time,consider givin me your opinion in it.
I applied for citizenship and asked for a name change,i gave all supporting documents i had (Courts,..) ,then i had the test done,and passed,but in my ecas the name they are displaying is my old name ,when i came to the interview ,i never asked about anything,it was really quick like 5 min and no mention of the name change thingie,now my question did they forget about it,or they will process me with my previous name and then ill have to apply for a name change later after citizenship?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
@dpenabill ,first let me thank you ,for all of ur interventions,you are really a very knowlegable person,and your contribution is really important in this forum,helping people everyday...
I have a question for you,if you have the time,consider givin me your opinion in it.
I applied for citizenship and asked for a name change,i gave all supporting documents i had (Courts,..) ,then i had the test done,and passed,but in my ecas the name they are displaying is my old name ,when i came to the interview ,i never asked about anything,it was really quick like 5 min and no mention of the name change thingie,now my question did they forget about it,or they will process me with my previous name and then ill have to apply for a name change later after citizenship?
Questions like this highlight the need to emphasize I am NOT an expert. In particular, I cannot offer anything about this particular aspect of the process.

I pay close attention to a lot of detailed information about some relatively particular issues, regarding which I make a concerted effort to stay informed and carefully analyze. So I can and often do offer in-depth observations about matters related to such issues.

Sorry I cannot offer more.

I can suggest you take the time and make the effort to telephone the call centre and ask about this. Unfortunately there are scores of inconsiderate others bogging down IRCC's resources, calling to ask questions like "it's been ten minutes and eCas does not show my application In Process, why is it taking so long . . . ? " So it could take a concerted effort to get through and make your query; be polite but persist in getting the call agent to actually access your records, to verify the name, or explain how it works. Good luck.