+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
In the instruction guide it says:
  • If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
It does not say why you are not employed or what were you doing while unemployed. In PR application it explicitly requests that.

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Question 11. "I was in school" - yes or no if I took part-time language classes? I list them in the table, but this wasn't my main occupation during that time. I was employed at that time as well.

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
im reposting my question again,and would like to know if someone was in a similar case ,
I signed the calculator of presence days,4 days after the calculation,(i did the calcultation 12/10 and signed it 16/10) that means i actually have 4 more days,..anyway is it a reason for a return ,cause they said that it should be the same date...?

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does not say why you are not employed or what were you doing while unemployed. In PR application it explicitly requests that.
You don't have to write why you weren't employed. Just writing "Unemployed" should be enough.

I wrote "Unemployed - Looking for job" Just to provide little detail as to what I was doing during that period.

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
You don't have to write why you weren't employed. Just writing "Unemployed" should be enough.

I wrote "Unemployed - Looking for job" Just to provide little detail as to what I was doing during that period.
Hi I wrote unemployed in my pr application.
But i was doing part time jobs while looking for a job in my field. Now i am not sure what to do i have to declare all of my jobs in application
Will it effect my citizenship application that i did not declare them before in my PR application.

ray1022

Oct 12, 2017
I have a minor confusion
Questions 11 asks to fill info of what you are doing during eligibility inside and outside Canada. Working, studying, caregiver or unemployed. I ticked on the options that applied to me.
After that its asks to enter details of employment and education history without any gaps.

1. Do we need to enter the dates in every line item as it states (YYYY/MM) or just year and month?

2. There were times when I was not working which i can classify under unemployed due to waiting to apply for work permit or took a break of a 1 week before starting the new job - do i need to enter that that phase? If yes, what do I fill under - Name of employer, school, others & Occupation, field of employment? Where was i located - should be my home address. Name of contact, phone and email - does that have to be my details or my landlords detail as i was at home.

Please help

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Still waiting for anyone to answer following Qs:

1). In Adult application - field 9b. what date should i fill under "date your status was obtained"?
I came in Canada in 2008 but my eligibility starts in Oct 2017 (5 years from today). So i should put date when eligibility starts as whole form talks about eligibility period or the date when i land in Canada?
2). I don't have email id of employer. do you think its mandatory, i am providing phone number & other info.
3). Minor application form has different mailing address mentioned than adult application, i.e. it has "Grant Minor" or "Grant Adult" at the end, rest address is same. As per minor application, we should be sending it along with parents application. i want to know how other people has sent the application with minor applying.

Thanks...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But i was doing part time jobs while looking for a job in my field. Now i am not sure what to do i have to declare all of my jobs in application
Will it effect my citizenship application that i did not declare them before in my PR application.
You were only required to put down jobs on the PR app that related to the experience you were claiming, however, you were required to put down all detail on the background declaration as part of your background checks. So if you omitted to put jobs down there you have technically misrepresented yourself.

I'd suggest being truthful in the application and putting down what's required.

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
im reposting my question again,and would like to know if someone was in a similar case ,
I signed the calculator of presence days,4 days after the calculation,(i did the calcultation 12/10 and signed it 16/10) that means i actually have 4 more days,..anyway is it a reason for a return ,cause they said that it should be the same date...?
What signature date did you put on your citizenship app ..?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
If you said Unemployed in PR application, and for same time frame if you said you were employed/doing part time time job AND if they verify your citizenship application with details in PR application than that might be an issue/issue of misrepresentation. BUT THERE IS A BIG IF.

If you didn't apply yet then enter the exact same info you have on your PR application and it should solve your problem.

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hello Spyfy & Experienced Forum Members,

I became PR on April 30, 2014 after that no trips outside Canada till date. I am planning to send my citizenship application on 18th October.
I have a question , Do I still need to provide PCC from my home country as it is coming to 194 days outside in 3 out of 4 years. As per residency calculator it is counting for 1267 days from the date i became PR.

Should i wait another 15 days to stroke out that 183 days clause or i still need to provide PCC.

Appreciate your Quick response.

Thanks
If you are signing your application before Oct 30, 2017, you need to provide PCC. my suggestion is to wait couple of weeks in case you don't have PCC with you.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I have a minor confusion
Questions 11 asks to fill info of what you are doing during eligibility inside and outside Canada. Working, studying, caregiver or unemployed. I ticked on the options that applied to me.
After that its asks to enter details of employment and education history without any gaps.

1. Do we need to enter the dates in every line item as it states (YYYY/MM) or just year and month?

2. There were times when I was not working which i can classify under unemployed due to waiting to apply for work permit or took a break of a 1 week before starting the new job - do i need to enter that that phase? If yes, what do I fill under - Name of employer, school, others & Occupation, field of employment? Where was i located - should be my home address. Name of contact, phone and email - does that have to be my details or my landlords detail as i was at home.

Please help
1. Exactly what its asks for.

2. Yes. There should be no gap in time frame. Put as unemployed under name of employer and for rest n/a.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Still waiting for anyone to answer following Qs:

1). In Adult application - field 9b. what date should i fill under "date your status was obtained"?
I came in Canada in 2008 but my eligibility starts in Oct 2017 (5 years from today). So i should put date when eligibility starts as whole form talks about eligibility period or the date when i land in Canada? Sorry didnt get you question. Your eligibility starts from October 2017 ??? 5 YEARS FROM TODAY ???
2). I don't have email id of employer. do you think its mandatory, i am providing phone number & other info. No. I dont think its mandatory.
3). Minor application form has different mailing address mentioned than adult application, i.e. it has "Grant Minor" or "Grant Adult" at the end, rest address is same. As per minor application, we should be sending it along with parents application. i want to know how other people has sent the application with minor applying. No clue. Sorry.

Thanks...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
When doing my PR application I forgot to mention a part time job while being a full time student. Basically it was an overlap with me being a student, would that be mis representation?? I intend to declare it now in my citizenship application, what should I do?
Yes, that's misrepresentation of facts. Link: https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/misrepresentation

Please visit the link for better understanding.

Well, it's better if you don't declare that information. But I would suggest getting professional advice regarding this matter.