C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Except it says 'in respect to the taxation years that are fully or partially within the eligibility period'. Which 2017 would be by the time they file. So I would include it. Trust me, it can double or triple the length it takes if something is missing, especially since there already is confusion. For the taxation year, they will file but haven't yet. It really boils down to semantics and how the person doing it interprets it. @spyfy pls advise
If you apply in 2018 you list the following years in your application:

For the years 2013 to 2016 you mark them as appropriate. For the year 2017 you tick "required to file" yes or no depending on if you were required to file or not. The box about having filed or not, you leave blank but write next to it "see attached notes". In the attached notes you write one simple sentence explaining that you will file for 2017 but haven't yet since T4s etc. are not sent out until late February.

Do never trust the semantics. If you can't answer a question on the form - as in this case where you can only tick "yes" or "no" but actually want to tick "I will" - attach a note.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
https://screenshots.firefox.com/CleAv9SiLSvepkC6/www.facebook.com

It means where you could be physically located for your job? your workplace address?
Ha, so I was right after all: Put the physical location of your job.

Example:
- You live in Mississauga
- Your company has their headquarters in Calgary
- You work for that company in Toronto

Then in Question 10, you list your Mississauga address. And for Question 11 you list the Toronto address.

This really makes much more sense. Otherwise, if you kept the same job but moved your private home, you would need separate lines in your work history which makes no sense.

Thanks for that FB screencap!

Last edited:
Reactions: GBH

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi seniors,
Do you recommend submitting a cover letter for citizenship applicaitons? If so what should i write on the cover letter, Secondly what do they mean by no gaps? Should I overlap the months for example I completed school in December, should i say i was unemployed from December to April or should i say i was unemployed from January to April.. So that there are no gaps. ?

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Can someone please clarify Immigration Status Q's?

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Apology in advance, if this is a repeated question, why there is no longer a verifying button on the application ? or at least it is not showing at my end, can i still print and sign the application ?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Apology in advance, if this is a repeated question, why there is no longer a verifying button on the application ? or at least it is not showing at my end, can i still print and sign the application ?
none of us see a verify button, many of us have printed, signed and couriered, so are you still waiting for them to add a verify button?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Hi seniors,
Do you recommend submitting a cover letter for citizenship applicaitons? If so what should i write on the cover letter, Secondly what do they mean by no gaps? Should I overlap the months for example I completed school in December, should i say i was unemployed from December to April or should i say i was unemployed from January to April.. So that there are no gaps. ?
covering letter not required
letter is required only if you have to explain a situaton
overlap is better december to april than jan to april, because you did not finish your school on 31st of december and 1st jan onwards you are unemployed.

J24

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hey can a senior advise on my previous post about FBI checks. I am seeing various thoughts on the matter.

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
none of us see a verify button, many of us have printed, signed and couriered, so are you still waiting for them to add a verify button?
It's not the case i'm waiting, but just wanted to make sure i'm not the only one who is having this specially after reading the following on cic website

**Please note that the Online Payment service will be unavailable October 15, 2017, from 8:15 AM EDT to 9:00 AM EDT, in order to perform system maintenance.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
one more questions ; during my school - i went to an exchange school for courses. But at the same time I was taking course at my school too. Do i need to write that school? Because my transcript shows the name of the school? But I have no proof that i attended that school except on my transcript.

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi spyfy ,i have a stupid question but in the application for citizenship,do i have to fill the upper corne the first two space,UCI and certificate number ?
Thanks

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi spyfy ,i have a stupid question but in the application for citizenship,do i have to fill the upper corne the first two space,UCI and certificate number ?
Thanks
What does it say above? If I remember correctly it states "for official use only". So the answer is no.

Reactions: jacZ

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one more questions ; during my school - i went to an exchange school for courses. But at the same time I was taking course at my school too. Do i need to write that school? Because my transcript shows the name of the school? But I have no proof that i attended that school except on my transcript.
It would be sensible to write that schools details also. Remember, nothing bad will happen for being honest / transparent. There will be no issue with overlapping dates - only issues with gaps.