+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BWOP - AUGUST 2015 APPLICANTS ....

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Guys nothing personal,

How are the work permits processed ? is it in the order of submission or it is random ?
Bcoz CIC mentions that they are working on Applications submitted in July however, some people in late Aug are getting their WPs (ofcourse I am happy for them).

For example gam786 applied paper based on Aug 24 and got his work permit (many congratulations to him).
I have applied paper based on Aug 20th and iam still waiting for my work permit. does that mean my work permit is on the way or it is still not processed.

Any opinion guys ?

BCbarbie

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
hssam said:
Guys nothing personal,

How are the work permits processed ? is it in the order of submission or it is random ?
Bcoz CIC mentions that they are working on Applications submitted in July however, some people in late Aug are getting their WPs (ofcourse I am happy for them).

For example gam786 applied paper based on Aug 24 and got his work permit (many congratulations to them).
I have applied paper based on Aug 20th and iam still waiting for my work permit. does that mean my work permit is on the way or it is still not processed.

Any opinion guys ?
It should be based on the order of submission. On CIC website, it shows they are working on applications submitted on July 25 for online applications, as of November 20.

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
BCbarbie said:
It should be based on the order of submission. On CIC website, it shows they are working on applications submitted on July 25 for online applications, as of November 20.
Yes, but the question is Aug 24th application for BOWP got processed. so it means all the Aug applications before Aug 24th should have been processed as well right ?

BCbarbie

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
hssam said:
Yes, but the question is Aug 24th application for BOWP got processed. so it means all the Aug applications before Aug 24th should have been processed as well right ?
I'm guessing they must be assigned to different officers, hence there's a small time difference.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
It also seems that, for some reason, people applying for their 2nd BOWP get their applications approved more quickly than people applying for their first BOWP.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there any way to apply for a work permit if im in canada but my original work permit expired and im currently on a visitor permit..

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Everyone, Can anyone give me an advice

I'm looking to apply for BOWP, I have already obtained BOWP early this year which expires Feb 2016. My spouse is in India.
My question is if I can also include my spouse into the application for open work permit? The reason why I have this question is, I read the below criteria in CIC website where it says the principal applicant should have a valid work permit of at least 6 months.

"If the principal foreign worker has obtained a BOWP, the following eligibility requirements apply:

All principal foreign workers’ work permits must be valid for six months or longer."

If I can add my spouse to my application, then does his application get processed in India as he is physically in India? If yes, then their processing time is just 2 months and that means he can get his work permit before me?

Many thanks in advance

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Yes you can apply for spousal open work permit too but hers will be processed in India.. i applied for my spouse back in Jan 2015 and got approved August 2015.. Do not worry so much about 6 months + expiry as mine was expiring end of October 2015 but my wife still got approved first week of August 2015.

IUser said:
Hi Everyone, Can anyone give me an advice

I'm looking to apply for BOWP, I have already obtained BOWP early this year which expires Feb 2016. My spouse is in India.
My question is if I can also include my spouse into the application for open work permit? The reason why I have this question is, I read the below criteria in CIC website where it says the principal applicant should have a valid work permit of at least 6 months.

"If the principal foreign worker has obtained a BOWP, the following eligibility requirements apply:

All principal foreign workers’ work permits must be valid for six months or longer."

If I can add my spouse to my application, then does his application get processed in India as he is physically in India? If yes, then their processing time is just 2 months and that means he can get his work permit before me?

Many thanks in advance

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
mesumrizvi said:
Yes you can apply for spousal open work permit too but hers will be processed in India.. i applied for my spouse back in Jan 2015 and got approved August 2015.. Do not worry so much about 6 months + expiry as mine was expiring end of October 2015 but my wife still got approved first week of August 2015.
Many thanks for your expedite response.

Did you apply for your spouse separately after getting your BOWP or did you do both of yours at the same time?

sf1234

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2015
Med's Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016 RPRF Upfront..: 07-03-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
hars_ptl said:
mine bwop got approved today ...got mail.
applied on aug 10 online.
Hi there,
When did you apply for PR? Do you know if your Eligibility was 'Passed' on GCMS notes?
And did you just apply using AOR?

Thank you

hars_ptl

Jul 24, 2015
I applied for pr on October 6,2014.
got aor on feb. applied bwop august 10 online. got approved today.
that's it so far.

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
hars_ptl said:
I applied for pr on October 6,2014.
got aor on feb. applied bwop august 10 online. got approved today.
that's it so far.
Thanks for sharing!
This means they don't care about eligibility assessment.