+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL received, How long for ppr?

jsbaidwan82

Jul 8, 2021
I
number +18882422100
immigration press 1
(somewhere in between you have to enter your UCI nmbr)
transfer to processing press 1
status of processing times press 1
study or temporary resident/visit (not sure) press 1
application starts with S ? press 1
enter application no then #
then year of birth
press 1 to know status
then listen to the bot
then press 0 to speak to agent and wait for like 30-40 mints and ask them which office is processing, if ottawa, then ask if eligibility passed or not, if other office, then no point, they wont tell you.
called this number using text now. It rings for a few times and is then automatically disconnected, no bot speaking or anything, can you please help me with this?

Gowtham kumar C

May 29, 2019
I

called this number using text now. It rings for a few times and is then automatically disconnected, no bot speaking or anything, can you please help me with this?
I made call just now, I was able to reach the last step (Press 0 if you would like to speak to an agent). Once I entered 0 the call disconnected automatically.

jsbaidwan82

Jul 8, 2021
hi all
I got admitted to McGill University for Master of Laws, scored 8 bands, not less than 7 in each, submitted visa file on 14th of May 2021 and gave biometrics on the 28th of May and they got updated on my IRCC profile on the very same day, received BVL on 2nd of July, but after that, nothing. What worries me the most that I got to know many people who lodged their visa files after me or gave biometrics after me but got their PPRs.
Getting into McGill is a dream come true, but delay in decision on my application is really making me anxious.
Also, another major issue is that McGill does not allow online classes neither does it defer admission to the immediately next term. In stead, it said that admission for LLM can only be deferred to the fall next year,i.e., sept 2022, which would result in wastage of my one full year. Can any of you suggest me anything that I can do regarding my visa application to get decision. Also, should I wait for 20 days from biometrics for raising web form?

Harsh2411

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
31st March 2021
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Given before applying for visa
Med's Request
Done before applying for the visa
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
5th August 2021
VISA ISSUED...
No
I

I got the same problem

Gowtham kumar C

May 29, 2019
You might have to keep trying. The backlog makes everyone call them I suppose.
Finally the call got connected. The total call duration was 49 mins 31 sec. The agent was a male and he was polite too. He authenticated my profile by asking few questions. Then he put me on hold and came back saying that my file is still in process and cannot give any timelines. He asked me to wait until I get the final decision. He mentioned you will get a message when the final decision is made. Later, I asked him if the eligibility is passed or not. He said file is still under process. I asked him if my background check has completed, he said me that I have passed my criminal check and rest everything is under process. I asked him is my file processed in Ottawa, he said yes it is processed in Ottawa and then closed the call.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Finally the call got connected. The total call duration was 49 mins 31 sec. The agent was a male and he was polite too. He authenticated my profile by asking few questions. Then he put me on hold and came back saying that my file is still in process and cannot give any timelines. He asked me to wait until I get the final decision. He mentioned you will get a message when the final decision is made. Later, I asked him if the eligibility is passed or not. He said file is still under process. I asked him if my background check has completed, he said me that I have passed my criminal check and rest everything is under process. I asked him is my file processed in Ottawa, he said yes it is processed in Ottawa and then closed the call.
Good to see the call didn’t go downhill. Hang in there.

This kinda debunks the myth: We always thought BVL=Decision but...,They literally have given out BVLs WITHOUT DECISIONS!!! Hmmm. I wish you all the best. Its SDS so you will soon be there!

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
So guys BIG NEWS for me -- office is Ottawa and eligibility passed. PPR is on the way I presume let's see when. I still could not believe the lady said passed, she had a heavy French accent, the romantic one :) . After she said passed, it was all music to my ears!

@Alpha_Wolf @DevSB @Shadow_Man open them fckn beers now.
Congratulations! How long did the eligibility review take?