+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo VO closed; applications to be processed by CPC-O (Ottawa)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ny2canada said:
I got a request for medicals and updated PCC a month back. I have already done medicals and waiting for FBI clearance. Once i get it where do i need to send them? Buffalo or Ottawa? Can somebody guide please
Check back once you get it ;) I would hypothesize Ottawa but more info should be forthcoming.

nm423

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/22/2010
Doc's Request.
04/22/2010
Hello all,

Below is the response i got when i sent an email to the Buffalo office. Didn't answer my query anyways i thought i will share it with everybody. At the bottom is my query/concern.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "re-buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca" <re-buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca>
To: XXXXXXX@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 10:47 AM
Subject: RE: Medicals and FBI report

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo is closed and services have been transferred across the North American processing network. Please see www.cic.gc.ca for application submission information.

For permanent resident applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-If you are an applicant for permanent residence and you received a letter or email from our office asking you to submit your passport(s) or passport copies to our office in Buffalo, you must now submit your passport(s) or passport copies to the Consulate in Detroit. Please click here for mailing instructions.

-All other applications for permanent residence have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 60 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa for additional information.

For non-immigrant applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-Applications for non-immigrant services from applicants in Canada have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa.

-Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Documents have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating east of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating west of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting Los Angeles.

-Applications for criminal rehabilitation, temporary resident permits and authorizations to return to Canada have been transferred to the Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC, effective June 18, 2012. Please allow at least 30 days prior to contacting Washington.

For additional information, please see www.cic.gc.ca.

Sent: May 30, 2012 5:54 PM
To: BFALO (IMMIGRATION)
Subject: Medicals and FBI report

Hello Concerned Official,

My name is XXXXXXXX (Principal Applicant) and my immigration file number is XXXXXXX. I just wanted to confirm that my medicals along with the medicals of my dependents and FBI background check report were received by the visa office. We did our medicals on the XXX of March 2012 . Can you please let me know what are the next steps?

Regards,
NM423

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
I mailed my passports via FedEx to Buffalo VO on 29th May. The package got delivered on 31st May. I came to know about VO closure on 30th May. I am not sure whether my passport will still be stamped at Buffalo VO or they'll return the package to me or transfer it to Detroit VO on their own. I am a little bit concerned now. I live in Michigan. So, if they do return the passports, I can easily go to Detroit in person for stamping.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
don't worry they will be open internally for another month or even two, you will get your passport back stamped from Buffalo.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hello ihabkal, I hope that's the case. I haven't seen any note anywhere on Buffalo VO's website that would suggest that they'll continue to process such requests post VO closure. I have sent them a general inquiry. Lets see if they respond back. The sad part is that there is no direct way to confirm that the passports were indeed received by the VO. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tennesseean

May 23, 2012
chappan said:
Hello ihabkal, I hope that's the case. I haven't seen any note anywhere on Buffalo VO's website that would suggest that they'll continue to process such requests post VO closure. I have sent them a general inquiry. Lets see if they respond back. The sad part is that there is no direct way to confirm that the passports were indeed received by the VO. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I do not think you need to worry about this. I have called Buffalo VO office today and they told me to send the passports to Buffalo Office for stamping. I have mailed my passports today. I am hoping that we will receive the passports with stamping soon.

It appears that for the PPRs that are getting approved recently, the VO office is asking them to submit the passports to Detroit Office. Not sure 100% about this. It is better to call or email them. I believe we should be OK.

virajrao

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-04-2013
Med's Done....
01-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2013
LANDED..........
18-07-2013
nm423 said:
Hello all,

Below is the response i got when i sent an email to the Buffalo office. Didn't answer my query anyways i thought i will share it with everybody. At the bottom is my query/concern.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "re-buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca" <re-buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca>
To: XXXXXXX @ yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 10:47 AM
Subject: RE: Medicals and FBI report

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo is closed and services have been transferred across the North American processing network. Please see www.cic.gc.ca for application submission information.

For permanent resident applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-If you are an applicant for permanent residence and you received a letter or email from our office asking you to submit your passport(s) or passport copies to our office in Buffalo, you must now submit your passport(s) or passport copies to the Consulate in Detroit. Please click here for mailing instructions.

-All other applications for permanent residence have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 60 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa for additional information.

For non-immigrant applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-Applications for non-immigrant services from applicants in Canada have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa.

-Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Documents have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating east of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating west of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting Los Angeles.

-Applications for criminal rehabilitation, temporary resident permits and authorizations to return to Canada have been transferred to the Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC, effective June 18, 2012. Please allow at least 30 days prior to contacting Washington.

For additional information, please see www.cic.gc.ca.

Sent: May 30, 2012 5:54 PM
To: BFALO (IMMIGRATION)
Subject: Medicals and FBI report

Hello Concerned Official,

My name is XXXXXXXX (Principal Applicant) and my immigration file number is XXXXXXX. I just wanted to confirm that my medicals along with the medicals of my dependents and FBI background check report were received by the visa office. We did our medicals on the XXX of March 2012 . Can you please let me know what are the next steps?

Regards,
NM423
Hi NM423,

Am also in same boat as you. My FSW application with NOC 0213 is with Buffalo VO for 6 months with status as In Process. How much it tool for them to send you medical request?

nm423

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/22/2010
Doc's Request.
04/22/2010
virajrao said:
Hi NM423,

Am also in same boat as you. My FSW application with NOC 0213 is with Buffalo VO for 6 months with status as In Process. How much it tool for them to send you medical request?
Hello Virajrao,

This is what i have "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 9, 2012" and my medical was dated Feb 22,2012. However i received it on the 7th of March.

Regards,
NM423

virajrao

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-04-2013
Med's Done....
01-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2013
LANDED..........
18-07-2013
nm423 said:
Hello Virajrao,

This is what i have "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 9, 2012" and my medical was dated Feb 22,2012. However i received it on the 7th of March.

Regards,
NM423
Hi NM423,

Thanks for sharing your details. My ECAS status is "In Progress" and "We have received your application for permanent residency July 19, 2011". When can I expect my medicals?

wjfriend

Jun 4, 2012
ny2canada said:
I got a request for medicals and updated PCC a month back. I have already done medicals and waiting for FBI clearance. Once i get it where do i need to send them? Buffalo or Ottawa? Can somebody guide please
I have the same questions with you. I am not sure where I should send my police certificate? Does any one have idea? How can I contact Buffalo now? What phone number or email do you guys know. Thanks a lot!

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014 AINP ; 07-11-2014 PR application submitted to CIO,sydney
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015, ecas upadated rcvd 2nd week of may, ecas upadted july 24: in process july 22
LANDED..........
already in canada
chappan said:
I mailed my passports via FedEx to Buffalo VO on 29th May. The package got delivered on 31st May. I came to know about VO closure on 30th May. I am not sure whether my passport will still be stamped at Buffalo VO or they'll return the package to me or transfer it to Detroit VO on their own. I am a little bit concerned now. I live in Michigan. So, if they do return the passports, I can easily go to Detroit in person for stamping.
Tennesseean said:
I do not think you need to worry about this. I have called Buffalo VO office today and they told me to send the passports to Buffalo Office for stamping. I have mailed my passports today. I am hoping that we will receive the passports with stamping soon.

It appears that for the PPRs that are getting approved recently, the VO office is asking them to submit the passports to Detroit Office. Not sure 100% about this. It is better to call or email them. I believe we should be OK.
ihabkal said:
don't worry they will be open internally for another month or even two, you will get your passport back stamped from Buffalo.
Hello guys,

Is there any updates from Buffalo VO?
BTW, how long it will take to process and return the PP with visa stamped after the closure??? Any idea guys.. :)

thankss

lucky13

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/2014
LANDED..........
03/2014
ny2canada said:
I have send my documents to Ottawa, last week. i will keep updating if i get any update

Thanks

wjfriend

Jun 4, 2012
Hi Lucky13,
Would you please let me know the mailling address of Ottawa you sent your documents to. Thanks.

lucky13 said:
I have send my documents to Ottawa, last week. i will keep updating if i get any update

Thanks