+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo VO closed; applications to be processed by CPC-O (Ottawa)

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
FSWCEC said:
The processing time for Ottawa varied. I have watched the processing time for Ottawa of CEC from last year. They processed the CEC last September so fast that some of them got their PRs within 3 and half months (from application received at Buffalo to the time they landed...). But when it comes to 2012, they tends to have stricter rules than before and rejected lots of applications. Therefore, they dragged the processing time to 6+ months. Above all, it might be faster at first. We'd better wait for the first PPR from Ottawa. :)
What's CEC?

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Experience class. Another stream of skilled worker.

salsa

May 30, 2012
They got my passports on May 18th, I'm still waiting for return of passports with the visas. Yesterday I sent email to buffalo office asking if the closing of the VO will cause any delays in this last stage, and this is what they said:

As your passports have already been received here, your visas will be issued as usual.

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo

nm423

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/22/2010
Doc's Request.
04/22/2010
Pandora said:
I am at the very last stage ( received ppr). So what heck should i do now?
Pandora,

One other person is facing the same situation you are in. He/She sent an email to the Buffalo office and got a reply

As your passports have already been received here, your visas will be issued as usual.

Immigration Section
Buffalo

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/if-you-have-a-ppr-from-buffalo-in-person-stamping-t106540.0.html

So you dont have to worry.

Regards,
NM423

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salsa said:
They got my passports on May 18th, I'm still waiting for return of passports with the visas. Yesterday I sent email to buffalo office asking if the closing of the VO will cause any delays in this last stage, and this is what they said:

Immigration Section
Buffalo
Thanks for reporting back! +1 for you :)

Y

YONGEEGLINTON

OhCanadiana said:
Thanks for reporting back! +1 for you :)

I am same situation with passport,

they didnt respond to my email though

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Dear Fellow Members,

I am surprised to know that the visa office is closed (I knew it was going to be closed but didn't expect the sudden death this way). I live in US and I mailed my - along with my family members - passport yesterday to Buffalo visa office. I had checked the VO website before mailing and it was clearly stated that they were still accepting the passports by mail. The only thing they mentioned they were not accepting was the in-person stamping. My package is still on the way and is expected to reach on May 31st. I am now concerned and don't know whether they'll still accept the package or not OR will even stamp the passports. Does anyone have any idea or have heard from somebody else?

Thanks much!

Pandora

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nm423 said:
Pandora,

One other person is facing the same situation you are in. He/She sent an email to the Buffalo office and got a reply

Immigration Section
Buffalo

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/if-you-have-a-ppr-from-buffalo-in-person-stamping-t106540.0.html

So you dont have to worry.

Regards,
NM423
Hello NM423,

It's re-assuring to know that Buffalo will process the PPR they sent to applicants before the decision to shut down the visa services.

thanks

Pandora

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news guys from your inquiries to Buffalo or Ottawa? I did not receive a reply from them.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pandora said:
Any news guys from your inquiries to Buffalo or Ottawa? I did not receive a reply from them.
Some people over on the family side who had interviews scheduled for June had them cancelled :(

See http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=post;quote=1501569;topic=41886.12030;num_replies=12060;sesc=4a0d80b73b59cabd3da9cb18e23b3f5e

mask2005

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Hi, My documents have been transferred to Ottawa. For some reason I can't check my status on E-CAS.

ram84

Jan 12, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2010
Doc's Request.
20 mar 2010
AOR Received.
novermber
Med's Request
25 october2011
Med's Done....
5 november 2011
Interview........
no
hi mask
can u plz let us know , how u find ur all document transfer to Ottawa
plz let know , which channel u find out

mask2005

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
ram84 said:
hi mask
can u plz let us know , how u find ur all document transfer to Ottawa
plz let know , which channel u find out
Hi,
I checked it on E-CAS 2 weeks ago. Two of my friends had the same experience. Our files have been transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa. Here is the lates status but I don't have access to E-CAS anymore for some reason...

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office. They are pending review.

I think the documents are transferred to Ottawa for medical.

lincoln

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
PER March 13 2012
Med's Request
March 04 2014 Baby Med April 07 2014
Med's Done....
March 17 2014 Baby Med April 09 2014
Passport Req..
April 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 28 2014
LANDED..........
June 04 2014
mask2005 said:
Hi,
I checked it on E-CAS 2 weeks ago. Two of my friends had the same experience. Our files have been transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa. Here is the lates status but I don't have access to E-CAS anymore for some reason...

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office. They are pending review.

I think the documents are transferred to Ottawa for medical.
Hello Mask, What is your timeline?

ny2canada

Aug 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10 2010 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Nov 1 2010
AOR Received.
May 19 2011 - 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with application (8.0 band)
Med's Request
Apr 20 2012
Med's Done....
May 11 2012, Meds received Jun 17 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 18 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 3 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 29 2013
I got a request for medicals and updated PCC a month back. I have already done medicals and waiting for FBI clearance. Once i get it where do i need to send them? Buffalo or Ottawa? Can somebody guide please