Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2014
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
pr_moon_moon said:
Today I received a mail from CPP-Ottawa saying that they are refusing my application as I did not meet requirements, specifically mentioned that I didnot provide substantial proof for duties mentioed in NOC.

I sent all these proof of experience 2 years back, I am actually working in managerial role and similar to duties mentioned in NOC.

so now my question is, Can I sent a request for consideration providing more accurate proof of experience showing my job job duties etc. OR is decision is already made and I cannot send request for reconsideration.

They didnot mention anything like that I have to provide more proofs for my experience or even didnot mention that they are going to refund my fee.

This is so disappointing after 2 years, what should I do now? can any one give me CPP contact number / call-center number as well?
I found the following on CIC regarding an application which has been refused:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=023&t=4

If your application is refused, you can send a new application at any time, unless your decision letter says otherwise. However, you should do so only if you can include new or additional information that you did not send with your previous application.

If you had legal status and lost it (for example, if your work permit expired and you were refused), you have a limited time in which to resubmit your application. See your decision letter for details.

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
pr_moon_moon said:
Today I received a mail from CPP-Ottawa saying that they are refusing my application as I did not meet requirements, specifically mentioned that I didnot provide substantial proof for duties mentioed in NOC.

I sent all these proof of experience 2 years back, I am actually working in managerial role and similar to duties mentioned in NOC.

so now my question is, Can I sent a request for consideration providing more accurate proof of experience showing my job job duties etc. OR is decision is already made and I cannot send request for reconsideration.

They didnot mention anything like that I have to provide more proofs for my experience or even didnot mention that they are going to refund my fee.

This is so disappointing after 2 years, what should I do now? can any one give me CPP contact number / call-center number as well?
I really really feel your pain ...it could have been anybody and the decision could have been different if your application was assessed by another officer. At this stage, processing fee is not refundable. I will encourage you not to lose hope. Here are the options that I feel are availbale to you:

1. The letter will usually advise you on what you can do if you disagree with htier assessment which I supect is appeal and it will state the number of days within which you should appeal. If you are very convinced that meet the requirements and that the VO misapplied the rules to your file or wrongly exercise disrcetionb, then you can hire a lawyer in Canada to challenge the decision. This is an expensive route but it is an option:

2. You can start reviewing other immigration categories that your case will fit into. If you are currently living and working in Canada this is the option I will recommend for you.

Please dont despair at all. It can happen to anybody. I have a friend whose application was rejected for FSW at CIO in 2010, 2011 and 2012 consecutively and in this 2013, he applied under the PNP and he had landed already.

If I may borrow the signature of alwayspsositive's message in encouraging you "When life puts you in tough situations, don't say why me? Just say try me!"

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
pr_moon_moon said:

This is strange. Wasn't your application pre-assessed? Usually the pre-assessment also involves checking duties in relation to the NOC, so you are denied at that early stage when the duties do not qualify you being placed under that NOC. Our first application was denied at the pre-assessment phase based on that and we had to reapply and submit a letter that spelled out the duties more clearly. Really strange you have to wait for two years to be denied based on that.

Take heart. If working in Canada, re-apply under FSW2. If not, consider PNP. Someone in this forum who applied in March this year just got medical request. If you reapply now, hopefully, you are likely to get PR by next year.

asyed97

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 05 2011
AOR Received.
sep 07 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
Nov 7 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 22 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi All,

Just recevied an email from ottpilot asking only for RPRF and my sons passport copies (since his passoport was renewed last year). No medicals, additional documents or PCC has been requested.

Is this normal, shall I email cic regarding medicals or shall I wait.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Syed

OSR

Oct 31, 2013
asyed97 said:
Hi All,

Just recevied an email from ottpilot asking only for RPRF and my sons passport copies (since his passoport was renewed last year). No medicals, additional documents or PCC has been requested.

Thanks
Syed
Syed

First of all Congrates to you. Medicals should follow in a day or 2 for you.

Did they update your status online?

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
asyed97 said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Syed
At the moment, it seems it is difficult to say what is normal and what is not. Go ahead and send them what they have requested and when sending copies of your son's passport inquire whether they had sent medical request and you missed the email. Reply to the request that was sent so they can read their earlier email to you.

asyed97

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 05 2011
AOR Received.
sep 07 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
Nov 7 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 22 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
OSR said:
Syed

First of all Congrates to you. Medicals should follow in a day or 2 for you.

Did they update your status online?
Thanks OSR, my estatus is same "we started processing your application on NOV......"

asyed97

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 05 2011
AOR Received.
sep 07 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
Nov 7 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 22 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
alwayspositive said:
At the moment, it seems it is difficult to say what is normal and what is not. Go ahead and send them what they have requested and when sending copies of your son's passport inquire whether they had sent medical request and you missed the email. Reply to the request that was sent so they can read their earlier email to you.
Hi alwayspositive,

I will do the same, thanks a lot for your help

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
pr_moon_moon said:
this is exact mail I received..

DEAR xxxxxxx

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the federal skilled worker class. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the federal skilled worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment: PROFESSIONAL OCCUPATIONS IN BUSINESS SERVICES TO MANAGEMENT (NOC 1122). The table below sets out the points assessed:

You have not obtained the minimum number of points, currently 67, required for a permanent resident visa. You received 0 points for experience. The work reference letters you provided did not do not allow me to determine whether or not you performed the lead statement or a substantial number of the duties described under this NOC. You did not provide substantial proof that you provide services such as analysing the operations, managerial methods or functions of xxxxxxxx in order to propose, plan and implement improvements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case officer XXXXXX (number)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Case Processing Pilot- Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West,

7th floor, Section B,

Ottawa Ontario K1A 1L1

Canada;

Fax 613-946-6059

E-mail: OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
This is very unfortunate to hear. Most refusals from CIC do not usually allow appeals, instead they would advise that you reapply if you think you have convincing documentation different from the one previously submitted. Same applies to Temporary visas or Work Permits. You still have options especially now you have been in managerial role - PNP, CEC, etc.

I would advise you review other options than hiring a lawyer and trying to appeal when clearly they didn't even indicate if you can appeal (which usually means you can't). Again you have to think of the fact that the officer would have had enough grounds for him/her to make this decision after more than two years. And as for initial eligibility review in Nova Scotia, that is just preliminary, and as such doesn't really impact much when they review files at the visa office stage.

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
asyed97 said:
Thanks OSR, my estatus is same "we started processing your application on NOV......"
Dont worry you will get MR soon. My ecas started showing "We started processing your application on xxxx" and on the 3rd working days after that I got MR, RPRF and updated docs.

I am sure there is something common to those of us that are getting this message before MR. In my own case I suspect that my file might have been moved from FSW 1 to 2.

shinbukan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
London, ON
asyed97 said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Syed
Hello Syed,

From what I have seen so far, CIC does not follow the same recipe for every applicant. I received MR and RPRF together without doc update request. I have seen friends who were first asked to update docs and then MR and RPRF and also other who were asked to pay RPRF but no MR yet.
So don't worry, it's a good sign they have contacted you. They are working on your application and will contact you soon asking for other stuff.

Shinbukan

asyed97

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 05 2011
AOR Received.
sep 07 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
Nov 7 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 22 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
shinbukan said:
Hello Syed,

From what I have seen so far, CIC does not follow the same recipe for every applicant. I received MR and RPRF together without doc update request. I have seen friends who were first asked to update docs and then MR and RPRF and also other who were asked to pay RPRF but no MR yet.
So don't worry, it's a good sign they have contacted you. They are working on your application and will contact you soon asking for other stuff.

Shinbukan
Hi Shinbukan,

Thanks for the response and info

D

Deleted member 103187

pr_moon_moon said:

Hopefully this is not late:

I am commenting only because I have been in a similar situation before and wanted to offer you some advice. Sometime in the course of my application, I was also sent a rejection BUT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT THEM PROOF (like you claim) that appropriate documents were submitted to them and you were still rejected, then you need to contact them ASAP to sort it out (and you don't need to pay any lawyer $$$ for that). Resubmit your proof/letters/documents to them (in my case I faxed, emailed and courier'd the docs to them... Yes I did all 3 so they don't say they didn't get them) AND tell them that those documents have already been submitted earlier (again like you claim).

NB- DONT listen to what the agents tell you when you try to call CIC, all they will tell you is that they cant do anything and that you should reapply. THATS NOT TRUE. Ignore them and resend your proof. Sometimes they make mistakes and if the mistake for the refusal is from their end, they will correct it.

Good luck

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
ozonezone234 said:
Hopefully this is not late:

I am commenting only because I have been in a similar situation before and wanted to offer you some advice. Sometime in the course of my application, I was also sent a rejection BUT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT THEM PROOF (like you claim) that appropriate documents were submitted to them and you were still rejected, then you need to contact them ASAP to sort it out (and you don't need to pay any lawyer $$$ for that). Resubmit your proof/letters/documents to them (in my case I faxed, emailed and courier'd the docs to them... Yes I did all 3 so they don't say they didn't get them) AND tell them that those documents have already been submitted earlier (again like you claim).

NB- DONT listen to what the agents tell you when you try to call CIC, all they will tell you is that they cant do anything and that you should reapply. THATS NOT TRUE. Ignore them and resend your proof. Sometimes they make mistakes and if the mistake for the refusal is from their end, they will correct it.

Good luck
What was the reason for your initial rejection?