Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
@shed_h_sha; been there done that twice as usual it was exactly the same time log on my GCMS on both...I mean there are few details said updated date but almost everything is outstanding-waiting-not started on file status
@Tej2013; yeah you, me, Alexalex, justtheme and ONT_R I think almost have same timeline
eCas is not reliable because not all is being updated, that is what I read -one of the answer given by a spokesman I saw in an article given to one of the question of the protesters last month in Ottawa. There is difference in the stage of application submitted within and outside Canada. Mine is "Received by Visa Office" still which mean my application was reviewed in CIO in Sydney, NS and forwarded to Buffalo for further processing and now transferred to Ottawa...and yes you are right my eCas is one of those not being updated.

Tej2013

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3rd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
File transferred to Buffalo Nov 2011 then to Ottawa July 7th 2012
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2013
LANDED..........
June 17, 2013
Yep, not much point in having ecas, lol.

So your CIAPS or GCMC didnt show an officer assigned to your application? I've sent a request for mine on friday so we'll see what mine says next month. Lets hope we all get some positive news by then anyway.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Tej: At least your ECAS states you are In Process! My timeline is longer than yours - I applied in April, received AOR in early June 2011, and ECAS hasn't changed since June 2011 - still says RBVO.

Granted, I'm FSW1, which is probably going to be slower than FSW2, but my point being that most of us on here who are FSW1 haven't seen anything in ECAS change in 18 months or more. I'm coming up on the 2 year anniversary since I applied and haven't even received the medical request yet.

I'm not sure about other people's experiences but it seems like I have to prompt Buffalo (now Ottawa) for everything and ECAS is not changed by CIC with any punctuality. When I never heard anything from them about receiving my application, I emailed them two months after mailing it and after inquiring, they sent me my first AOR email in response. Then, I had to email them again in June to inquire before the status was changed to RBVO. Two years now waiting and over 18 months in RBVO status, so count your blessings if you are past this point already.

Tej2013

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3rd 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Oct 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
File transferred to Buffalo Nov 2011 then to Ottawa July 7th 2012
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2013
LANDED..........
June 17, 2013
I called CIC today and asked for clarification as to what they mean by "assessed" "processed" and "reviewed"

Reviewed - Meaning they have been assessed and all they wait is a final decision (approved, not approved)
Assessed - They will start looking into our applications, back ground checks etc.
Processed - a vague explanation, but the lady said they put the applciations in process once revieved. It doesn't mean they are doing anything with it....it just means you meet the eligibility criteria and its sitting on a shelf pretty much until it gets assessed.

So pretty much our applications have been sitting there for 1.5 - 2 years doing jack all. Ecas is not reliable so whether is says "in process" or RBVO, i believe we're in the same position. It's just your statuses haven't been updated online.

So lets hope we get some news this month (apparently somethings supposed to happen in February so i've been hearing)

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
So Assessed means start background checks, maybe medical request. So sad...

It all depends when they start with MI2 working at the same time on MI1 too. My best guess is summer as they promised specific dates for Provincials and Quebec. And this is their priority at the moment. About 50% of Ottawa backlog are Quebec applicants, so it all make sense.

So hopefully Meds in June 2013 and PPR in October 2013 for those who applied in July-Dec 2010; for 2011 depending on lots of other factors like new May intake numbers and other policies.

Better if they say from the very beginning that it takes 3+ years. And give us open work permits for 3 years :)

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Thanks Tej for the good information and clarification - that helps a lot.

Alexalex, I'd say your times are pretty accurate. I'm not expecting med request for another 8-12 months. I applied April 2011 and I think I will be very lucky if I get to request for passport one year from now.

Tablet

Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 06 2010
Doc's Request.
02 11 2010
Med's Request
10 12 2012
Med's Done....
11 12 2012
syed_h_sha said:
can some one try e-cas and let me know if it is working..

I am not able to access mine. it says "not able to find information" page...

regards
Syed
I have the same problem. Not able to access mine.

anupr

Jan 19, 2013
hello i am new to this group.
i hope to get some advice from u experts out there.
i have applied for my PR in nov 2011 under arranged employment in buffalo. its been over a 15 months since i have applied.
is there any way that i can change my employers as i am having a tough time working for him.
What will happen to my file if i change my employer.

Will they reject the application becuse of changing employers.
And i know its gonna be more waiting game for me. but atleast I can change job and have a better life.

Hoping to get some replies from u guys.

Praying for everyone
Thanks

marmar1984

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
YES
Med's Done....
done
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 07, 2013
LANDED..........
May 11, 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

December 17, 2012 – CIC will be making changes to enable certain economic class applicants to maintain their status and continue working in Canada while they await a final decision on their permanent residence application.

The new open work permit will provide qualifying permanent resident applicants, whose permits are due to expire, with a means to keep working and more flexibility to better integrate into the Canadian labour market.

Previously, applicants who were awaiting a decision on their permanent residence application might have their temporary work permits expire during the processing of their application. As a result, these persons would no longer be authorized to work in Canada unless their employer applied for and received a Labour Market Opinion from Human Resources and Skills Development and the applicant then applied for an extension of their status.

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.
For further information regarding eligibility, please see the operational bulletin:
Bridging Open Work Permits for Certain Federal Economic Class Applicants.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
anupr, as far as I know you can change your employer but then you need to 1. go through the same process of getting new Work Permit and 2. notify Ottawa of all the changes. '

I would include the new Work Permit, all the forms where changes got made (the principal, the background). And of course new letters of reference and new letter of arranged employment.

More experienced members here can correct me if I am wrong.

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Guys, on this fb page (https://www.facebook.com/LesOubliesDeBuffaloEnAction) there is information about Quebec applicants from Ottawa who are getting their PPRs. Almost everyday couple of people are getting docs, so it looks like Ottawa is very productive and busy, but unfortunately not on FSW.

chiaki

Feb 6, 2013
Greetings,

Just another newbie in this group. Applied in Oct 2011 to Nova Scotia CIO (FSW2/3?) and got PER in Jan 2012. eCAS forever says "in process". (I'm slowly catching up on the acronyms.)

Q1: Should I be concerned if the eCAS thing never says anything about the Visa Offices? (i.e. which VO, dates received/transferred etc).

Q2: If Ottawa is just now processing 4th Quarter 2010 applications, sounds like it will be another 12 months for my case to see any actions. Does it make sense to order my GCMS note now or wait a little bit?

Q3: My WP is due to expire in 6 months or so. I'm thinking about getting an extension. I'm concerned about how it will 'bridge' the provincial health insurance coverage (specifically, OHIP in Ontario). Please share any experience you may have.

Warmest Regards. (Where doesn't it snow in Canada?)

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
chiaki said:
Greetings,

Just another newbie in this group. Applied in Oct 2011 to Nova Scotia CIO (FSW2/3?) and got PER in Jan 2012. eCAS forever says "in process". (I'm slowly catching up on the acronyms.)

Q1: Should I be concerned if the eCAS thing never says anything about the Visa Offices? (i.e. which VO, dates received/transferred etc).

Q2: If Ottawa is just now processing 4th Quarter 2010 applications, sounds like it will be another 12 months for my case to see any actions. Does it make sense to order my GCMS note now or wait a little bit?

Q3: My WP is due to expire in 6 months or so. I'm thinking about getting an extension. I'm concerned about how it will 'bridge' the provincial health insurance coverage (specifically, OHIP in Ontario). Please share any experience you may have.

Warmest Regards. (Where doesn't it snow in Canada?)
1. No
2. Wait
3. Provincial coverage is based on status of worker and based on WP that you will receive through bridge program.

It does not snow in beautiful British Columbia :)

cygnet

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 2013
LANDED..........
November 2013
@ Chiaki wait for 2 more months, you mentioned you got PER in Jan 2012 you can apply for an open WP within 4 months before the expiration of your current work permit and as long as you're currently in Canada. Then once you have your open WP you can renew yor OHIP in any Service Ontario office...about GCMS you can request a copy of it now if you would like to, it's free since you're here and request it by yourself. eCas- no worries its not relialeanyway. Q2: no idea, its matter of time! hope this help;)
@alexalex: lucky!!! snow, snow squal, road closure, slashy road etc,..in ON :)