+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go for Ottawa.Whatever I have read about Moscow is all negative.Moreover,Ottawa is the center of attraction ,If anywhere things will change ,it will only be Ottawa.

Rest ,it is your call

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Do we have any idea on current status of FSW cases by Ottawa? Have they started processing Jan - Feb 2011 cases ....?

bahadur30

Mar 29, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
DID UPFRONT MEDICAL
Med's Request
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
22-06-2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Sorry but I have seen processing of Dec Nov - Dec 2010. I am not sure about Jan 2010.... could be special cases ...

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even processing of Jan ,Feb 2010 cases is also happening,happening and happening.One or two odd cases are being decided but lot of people are waiting.So in the same way processing of the so called seen cases by u is also happening but at what pace.

There are no special cases,it is only the inefficiency of visa offices which is causing delays.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
Trick said:
Go for Ottawa.Whatever I have read about Moscow is all negative.Moreover,Ottawa is the center of attraction ,If anywhere things will change ,it will only be Ottawa.

Rest ,it is your call
Thank you so much, Trick. I am leaning more towards Ottawa even because I am already here in Canada and it will be easier sending additional documents and so on.

So if people are waiting since Jan 2010... It's over 3 years now! Am I reading it right? What about trying to speed up the process? Well, it's more of a rhetorical question I suppose... :-(

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People are waiting since Jan 2010 not because of Ottawa.It was inefficiency of the Buffalo office where most of the people applied.They kept files for long without processing.After Buffalo's closure, tons of files were transferred to Ottawa.So it is natural for Ottawa to take time to clear backlog of transferred applications.

They are trying to centralize everything so that applications can be processed faster.Ottawa center is under attack from all corners.People in Canada are demonstrating outside to ensure that files can be processed quickly.Nevertheless,Ottawa will take sometime to clear Buffalo.Since you will be applying under new rules so your application will any way be processed quicker than others as they are going to give preference to new applications than the earlier ones.

Olex

Feb 1, 2013
Well, that's just the thing. We are still applying under the old rules so I was a bit worried since the centre opened so recently...

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

New processing times update:
Ottawa: MI1 30, MI2 15 (was 29 and 8 before)

ONT_R

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa -> Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recieved Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 2013
the worse thing which may come, is that Ottawa just start our files form the very beginning ... like "let's see what we have there" and go for the full police certificate request again (which is a nightmare if you have traveled in different countries).
I hope that wont happen ...

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They cannot afford to start all over if they have to process all files by 2014

ONT_R

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa -> Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2011
Med's Request
July 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recieved Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 2013
after what happen to the 2008 files, it looks like they can afford anything :'(
so they will be kind of continuity in our files transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa ? a police clearance is valid for certain number of months, they could eventually request it again and again no ? (just asking)

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some of these officers are asking for police clearance,It looks like they want to take all the steps to ensure that nobody can raise fingers at them.As far as I remember ,police clearance was not even compulsory,I think it was on the discretion of the officer.I submitted police clearance once and Buffalo officer asked for updated FBI clearance,they did not ask for updated police clearance.

It could be that Ottawa officers are extra cautious ,they do not want to take any chances.

Are u don with the Medicals?

Above is just my opinion.

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Trick said:
Some of these officers are asking for police clearance,It looks like they want to take all the steps to ensure that nobody can raise fingers at them.As far as I remember ,police clearance was not even compulsory,I think it was on the discretion of the officer.I submitted police clearance once and Buffalo officer asked for updated FBI clearance,they did not ask for updated police clearance.

It could be that Ottawa officers are extra cautious ,they do not want to take any chances.

Are u don with the Medicals?

Above is just my opinion.
this is one of the most confusing postings around here....".I submitted police clearance once and Buffalo officer asked for updated FBI clearance,they did not ask for updated police clearance."...

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
obs35 said:
this is one of the most confusing postings around here....".I submitted police clearance once and Buffalo officer asked for updated FBI clearance,they did not ask for updated police clearance."...
FBI and police was submitted then later on they just asked for updated FBI not updated police clearance.Is is clear or still confused?