Med's Done....
September 2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hello everyone! I just wonder if any post June 2010 applicants've got MR yet?

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Worth2wait said:
Hello everyone! I just wonder if any post June 2010 applicants've got MR yet?
No, after transfer to Ottawa, they are working (sending PPRs and MRs) to pre June 2010 applicants now.

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Some more info for you:

Canada closed it’s Buffalo visa office in May after announcing foreign students and workers living in Canada would no longer have to leave the country to renew a visa or apply for permanent residency. At the time, about 9,508 permanent residency applications and 700 temporary resident applications were packed up and sent to a new office in Ottawa for processing.

Citizenship and Immigration spokesman Remi Lariviere said the packing started around June and the files were received in Ottawa in July. The files spanned all immigration streams and involved applicants across Canada, though it appears a good number of them involved Quebec skilled workers.

When the office closed, processing times were around 15 months, though Lariviere said new files now received in Ottawa will take only nine months to be finalized. He said the Buffalo backlog should be completed by next summer.

“By centralizing more processing in Canada, particularly for files that are more straightforward and with lower risk, we can be more efficient and create jobs in Canada,” he said.

The opposition has raised the issue on several occasions in the House of Commons over the last few weeks.

In an interview Tuesday, NDP immigration critic Jinny Sims said she suspects overworked, understaffed citizenship officers “just forgot” about the boxes of Buffalo files sitting in the corner as many of them haven’t even received a file number or been assigned a case worker yet which means they’re still in the very early stages of processing.

“It creates a lot of instability. I think my fear is we’re going to have people not trusting their government and beginning to look somewhere else for places to go to and that is a real concern,” she said.

In response to repeated questions in the House of Commons, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney merely noted that the “new central processing office in Ottawa is processing applications more quickly than they were in Buffalo.”

Source:
http://www.canada.com/Buffalo+immigration+backlog+leaves+Canadians+limbo/7651119/story.html

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
And last thing:

Sure, there are still pre June 10 applicants, but most of them are those who changed info on their case, had to send more documents its. But, Seattle and LA started opening and sending MRs and PPRs to post June 10 already and I believe that Ottawa will join them very soon. Another thing: for pre june 10 time from getting MR to getting PPR was 4-12 months, but from what I see from post june 10 applicants it takes 1-3 months. So good luck to all of us! I see less and less pre june 10 applicants still waiting for PPRs (those Buffalo-Ottawa) and it means that they are close to start second half of '10 applicants, and the process (from IP to PPR) should be much quicker than before. My best guess is Feb 2013.

mjtajik

Jul 10, 2012
thanks "alexalex"... very informative

and guys, if all of us got the PR and citizenship... just keep it in your mind how they screwed our life... in the next election we can take our revenge by volunteering to gather vote against conservatives and just trough them out of the Parliament.

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
mjtajik said:
thanks "alexalex"... very informative

and guys, if all of us got the PR and citizenship... just keep it in your mind how they screwed our life... in the next election we can take our revenge by volunteering to gather vote against conservatives and just trough them out of the Parliament.
Your dad must be very proud of you! Next time, speak for your self - this is a public forum.

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
hi all guy read this very shame on canadian immigration system

Forgotten files in Buffalo another example of immigration mismanagement

Following major cuts, nearly 10,000 immigration files were forgotten by the department

In their haste to reform Canada's immigration system, the Conservatives actually forgot about the files of nearly 10,000 qualified worker applicants for permanent residence, said New Democrats.

Nearly two years after paying the required fees and sending their permanent residence applications to Buffalo, thousands still haven't received a response from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). To make matters worse, their files still haven't been assigned to agents and Minister Kenney won't even bother to answer their questions.

“This Conservative boondoggle transformed the Canadian dream of thousands of people into a total nightmare,” said NDP Immigration Critic, Jinny Sims. “Minister Kenney must take responsibility and deal with these forgotten applications once and for all.”

This erratic and shameful management of these forgotten files is a result of major cuts leading to the closure of the CIC office in Buffalo. In the spring, the government announced 84.3 million in cuts, particularly to staff, claiming that services wouldn't be affected.

“By making hasty reforms and massive cuts, Minister Kenney is damaging our immigration system. Under Kenney's watch, CIC has become less transparent, less effective and less compassionate. Minister Kenney spends more time managing ethnic outreach than he does managing his ministry,” concluded New Democrat Deputy Critic for Immigration, Sadia Groguhé.

this page

Stephen Harper has introduced not one but two 400-page omnibus bills under the guise of implementing his 2012 budget.

It's time to stop these undemocratic monster bills—once and for all.

Donate

Join

Volunteer

Get email updates

Download the NDP app
Facebook
Twitter
RSS
YouTube
Flickr
App Store

Home
Tom Mulcair
PartyHistory
Our Caucus
Shadow Cabinet
Commissions
Constitution
Federal Council
Jobs
Contact
Your Riding

NewsPress Releases
Statements
Reality Checks

Photos and VideoVideo Gallery
Photo Gallery
Logos

Take Action
d this too shame on canadain conservaties ................................

steve2007

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-01-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
god knows
LANDED..........
god knows
sounds that they don't have enough resources to process all the immigration cases.

lucky13

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/2014
LANDED..........
03/2014
How are you doing dear forum member.Please I need your urgent advice and response on this..

Details:
Category........: FSW2
Visa Office......: Buffalo but file has been transfered to Ottawa in july 2012
NOC Code......: 1111
App. Filed.......: May 06 2011
AOR Received from Nova Scotia.: June 16 2011
Status: In process : Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 18, 2012
They have requested documents on April 18, 2012 and i have provided in timly manner.

My biggest consern at this point is: my Arranged Employment Opinion approval letter has validity till Dec 08 2012
do my employer need to apply for extension of my AEO? in order to continue my application, I have thought that without extension my application can be void.

my employer did provide extension letter in company's letter head, stating that the job offer is still open.
Note: below the validity date on AEO letter, Hrsdc has mentioned that "Please note that CIC will not award points for Arranged Employment if the Skilled worker's Permanent residence Application is received by CIC after this date."

Please give me your valuable thoughts. It will be greatly appreciated.

Yours Thankfully
Manish

sab_217

Oct 28, 2009
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
11 NOV 2011
Med's Request
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
15 july
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26 july
VISA ISSUED...
8/Aug/2013
LANDED..........
You have to reapply for the AEO but I suggest Go to ur local MP and they will find some solution to it.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E

Search Your local MP on this website..

mjtajik

Jul 10, 2012
rajjj said:
hi all guy read this very shame on canadian immigration system

Forgotten files in Buffalo another example of immigration mismanagement

Following major cuts, nearly 10,000 immigration files were forgotten by the department

In their haste to reform Canada's immigration system, the Conservatives actually forgot about the files of nearly 10,000 qualified worker applicants for permanent residence, said New Democrats.

Nearly two years after paying the required fees and sending their permanent residence applications to Buffalo, thousands still haven't received a response from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). To make matters worse, their files still haven't been assigned to agents and Minister Kenney won't even bother to answer their questions.

“This Conservative boondoggle transformed the Canadian dream of thousands of people into a total nightmare,” said NDP Immigration Critic, Jinny Sims. “Minister Kenney must take responsibility and deal with these forgotten applications once and for all.”

This erratic and shameful management of these forgotten files is a result of major cuts leading to the closure of the CIC office in Buffalo. In the spring, the government announced 84.3 million in cuts, particularly to staff, claiming that services wouldn't be affected.

“By making hasty reforms and massive cuts, Minister Kenney is damaging our immigration system. Under Kenney's watch, CIC has become less transparent, less effective and less compassionate. Minister Kenney spends more time managing ethnic outreach than he does managing his ministry,” concluded New Democrat Deputy Critic for Immigration, Sadia Groguhé.

there you go... thank you very much... that's all I'm talking about... this conservative government is destroying Canada in all of the fronts... it's time somebody stop them for good

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
hello guys, I need help with some questions. My timeline is on the left under m profile.

First of all, are there people in this forum applying from the USA that have the work permit or visa expiring soon, and still have not heard anything from CIC?

I live and work in the US on work permit and it is about to expired in January and i have not heard anything from CIC on my application yet. Please, advise me what i can do because the work permit i have is not renewable, actually its an OPT (Optional Practical Training) which you received after graduation.
I have written several messages to CIC, but it seems like they are not even checking them. No response.

My question here is, has anybody been in the same situation, or heard of anybody in the same situation that was able to resolve the issue with CIC, and How? Please, i seek desperate answer.
Thanks

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
CEC5 said:
hello guys, I need help with some questions. My timeline is on the left under m profile.

First of all, are there people in this forum applying from the USA that have the work permit or visa expiring soon, and still have not heard anything from CIC?

I live and work in the US on work permit and it is about to expired in January and i have not heard anything from CIC on my application yet. Please, advise me what i can do because the work permit i have is not renewable, actually its an OPT (Optional Practical Training) which you received after graduation.
I have written several messages to CIC, but it seems like they are not even checking them. No response.

My question here is, has anybody been in the same situation, or heard of anybody in the same situation that was able to resolve the issue with CIC, and How? Please, i seek desperate answer.
Thanks
It's good to make alternative plans especially when you know your status is not renewable. I can tell you of countless people who have been in your shoes. Many have had to go back to their home countries to wait for their PR and some are in Canada now as permanent residents. But I see you applied in Sept '11, you should know that if processing is by order of date application was filed, you can expect to wait a while as there are many post june 2010 applicants waiting.

Unfortunately, CIC will not speed up processing for individual reasons especially when you are not in the final stages. So you have to do some major calculations between now and when your WP expires.

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
com2canada said:
It's good to make alternative plans especially when you know your status is not renewable. I can tell you of countless people who have been in your shoes. Many have had to go back to their home countries to wait for their PR and some are in Canada now as permanent residents. But I see you applied in Sept '11, you should know that if processing is by order of date application was filed, you can expect to wait a while as there are many post june 2010 applicants waiting.

Unfortunately, CIC will not speed up processing for individual reasons especially when you are not in the final stages. So you have to do some major calculations between now and when your WP expires.
It s a hard truth but hey, thanks for the reply.