+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

Kets

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
I'm also quite tired of waiting.
Being on a work permit is certainly not easy in this country.
A few months ago I decided to apply for more jobs cause on my current salary my life was going no where.
After about 50 job applications I started receiving calls from employers and recruiters. The moment I told them I am currently on a work permit awaiting PR they gave me the famous line "We'll get back to you!!!"

Yeah right they never got back to me.
I am still on a work permit with the same employer, same salary not moving forward in my life no matter how hard I try.

I have a business idea I would like to pursue but being on a work permit doesn't allow me to.

My work permit comes to a end next year February and its reaching decision time.

Are they messing with our lives, I think so...

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP-Ottawa????
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
Currently in canada on work permit
Hi Friends,

This might not be the right thread to ask this question, since lot of people are in the similar kind of situation, i would like ask your opinion.

I have work permit valid until March 2013. Just to be more safe & secured, my employer got a positve LMO opinion this week.

Opinion expires march 2013.

Can i wait for next few months to apply for a work permit extension, or should i apply right away.

If i apply right away i loose about 6 months of current workpermit period.

If i wait & apply may be in january, i am scared CIC keeps changing rules every day. Recently they changed FSW then CEC, & who knows they may bring in some new rule for work permit application, I do not want to be a victim.

I have one more important question. Is there any way we can apply workpermit & TRV at the same time, means single application paying the same fees? What i can understand from CIC website is you can do that if you apply in a visa office outside canada.

Please suggest.

Ram

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ramcm31 said:
Hi Friends,

This might not be the right thread to ask this question, since lot of people are in the similar kind of situation, i would like ask your opinion.

I have work permit valid until March 2013. Just to be more safe & secured, my employer got a positve LMO opinion this week.

Can i wait for next few months to apply for a work permit extension, or should i apply right away.

If i wait & apply may be in january, i am scared CIC keeps changing rules every day. Recently they changed FSW then CEC, & who knows they may bring in some new rule for work permit application, I do not want to be a victim.

I have one more important question. Is there any way we can apply workpermit & TRV at the same time, means single application paying the same fees? What i can understand from CIC website is you can do that if you apply in a visa office outside canada.

Please suggest.

Ram

You could get all your documents ready to go until 1 month or 2 weeks before your current WP expires and apply for a new one at the border, it'll be done in about 1hour.. otherwise it'll be online,....2-4 weeks...

does it help?

Nylam168

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2012
Hi Ram,

I believe it is more advantageous for you to apply for the extension of your work permit rather than TRV. As far as I know, you can only stay for as long as 6 months using TRV, while, a work permit will allow you to work and stay longer, a year or two, depending on the situation or your LMO. (correct me if im wrong).

In that case, with an approved extended work permit, u have a longer time to wait for ur FSW application approval. :D...

Good luck.

Nylam

ramcm31 said:
Hi Friends,

Please suggest.

Ram

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nylam168 said:
Hi Ram,

I believe it is more advantageous for you to apply for the extension of your work permit rather than TRV. As far as I know, you can only stay for as long as 6 months using TRV, while, a work permit will allow you to work and stay longer, a year or two, depending on the situation or your LMO. (correct me if im wrong).

In that case, with an approved extended work permit, u have a longer time to wait for ur FSW application approval. :D...

Good luck.

Nylam

agreed...

RMehdi

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
We should start sending emails to the minister of immigration complaining about the lack of communication of ottawa, maybe if he get thousands of emails /mails he will realise how bad is our situation, we are all paying taxes in this country, they are playing with our future and all they say is , In process !!

greeki78

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
RMehdi said:
We should start sending emails to the minister of immigration complaining about the lack of communication of ottawa, maybe if he get thousands of emails /mails he will realise how bad is our situation, we are all paying taxes in this country, they are playing with our future and all they say is , In process !!
Absolutely right.i already did.everyone should.

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
greeki78 said:
Absolutely right.i already did.everyone should.
I completely agree. I'll do it & hope everbody will cooperate.

CyTric

RMehdi

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
I did it too, and i will do it everyday

RMehdi

Sep 6, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
to : Minister@cic.gc.ca

Mr Kenney ,

like thousands of other people waiting for their PR, my folder was sent to Ottawa few months ago, i tried too many times to contact the Ottawa office but they never replied, even if i'm not a Permanant resident yet i'm still paying taxes, and i think that they can at least update us on the status of our requests.

Thank you

Kishan06

Sep 15, 2012
Hi,

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and I thought I should share my experience. My application too was in buffalo an transferred to ottawa. I applied as a QSW. My timeline is as follows (I don't really know how to put it below my username):

-Received CSQ in March 2011
-Applied for PR on 9 May 2011
-(bank draft was cashed in August 1011)
-AOR and Request to do medicals Oct. 24, 2011
-Medicals passed

I applied for GCMS notes in August 2012, since it was passed the processing time for buffalo on the cic website. The main points I got from that:
-Application status in progress (ecas still says received)
-Criminality in progress since October 6 2011
-security and eligibility not started
-RCMP screening: no trace since Oct 7, 2011
-medical passed since November 11, 2011
-Primary office Ottawa since 7 July 2012 (I assumed it was transferred then)
-File was also transferred to Ottawa in October 2011 and back to buffalo in November 2011 (weird)

After I received the notes I decided to contact my MP since Criminality check was in progress since Oct 2011. He told me that I should hear from Ottawa this October and to contact him if I don't hear anything by mid-October.

That's my story so far.

Cheers,

Kishan

xzhgry

Jun 7, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010 (Complete Application Request) 26-05-2011 (File Creation)
Med's Request
13-04-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
Kishan06 said:
Hi,

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and I thought I should share my experience. My application too was in buffalo an transferred to ottawa. I applied as a QSW. My timeline is as follows (I don't really know how to put it below my username):
Hi Kishan,

To put your timeline under your name, you just have to click "profile" on the top menu bar and then click "Forum Profile Information" in the left column under the title: "Modify Profile"

BTW, Did you get any massage from the visa office saying something like:"We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview." when you receive your medical request or any correspondence from Buffalo or Ottawa?

Just wondering if the initial assessment has anything to do with eligibility check mentioned in the GCMS notes

Thanks and good luck!

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
Kishan06 said:
Hi,

-Received CSQ in March 2011
-Applied for PR on 9 May 2011
-(bank draft was cashed in August 1011)
-AOR and Request to do medicals Oct. 24, 2011
-Medicals passed

I applied for GCMS notes in August 2012, since it was passed the processing time for buffalo on the cic website. The main points I got from that:
-Application status in progress (ecas still says received)
-Criminality in progress since October 6 2011
-security and eligibility not started
-RCMP screening: no trace since Oct 7, 2011
-medical passed since November 11, 2011
-Primary office Ottawa since 7 July 2012 (I assumed it was transferred then)
-File was also transferred to Ottawa in October 2011 and back to buffalo in November 2011 (weird)

After I received the notes I decided to contact my MP since Criminality check was in progress since Oct 2011. He told me that I should hear from Ottawa this October and to contact him if I don't hear anything by mid-October.

That's my story so far.

Cheers,

Kishan
Hi Kishan,
you and me are at the same boat.. My GCMS notes says same thing as yours.
only difference is that I did medicals recently as I never received their mail which was sent in november 2011.

I guess Buffalo stopped working on our file from the point when they know about their office closure.....

are U in Montreal ?

Syed

Kishan06

Sep 15, 2012
xzhgry said:
Hi Kishan,

To put your timeline under your name, you just have to click "profile" on the top menu bar and then click "Forum Profile Information" in the left column under the title: "Modify Profile"

BTW, Did you get any massage from the visa office saying something like:"We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview." when you receive your medical request or any correspondence from Buffalo or Ottawa?

Just wondering if the initial assessment has anything to do with eligibility check mentioned in the GCMS notes

Thanks and good luck!
Hi,

I only have account related settings under "Modify Profile". I didn't get any such message from the visa office. Last time I heard from Buffalo (without me contacting them first) was when I was asked to do the medical exam. Also I assume I won't need an interview since I gave one before receiving the CSQ.

Kishan

Kishan06

Sep 15, 2012
syed_h_sha said:
Hi Kishan,
you and me are at the same boat.. My GCMS notes says same thing as yours.
only difference is that I did medicals recently as I never received their mail which was sent in november 2011.

I guess Buffalo stopped working on our file from the point when they know about their office closure.....

are U in Montreal ?

Syed
Hi,

I received request to do medicals by email. The only paper mail that I got was barcodes and the change in personal info form. Yes I am in Montreal. The criminality check says due date is october 5th. So fingers crossed I hear something in the next week or 2.

Kishan