10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
Hello Hopeful,
We applied under FSW 1. I worked in Canada for a few months but currently not working in Canada (I'm back in my home country). My spouse is still a student in Canada, however, as indicated in my earlier post, does research in an institute as part of his PhD requirement which is regarded as part time employment.

Weyland

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (tfrd from Buffalo)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/06/2011
Doc's Request.
23/07/2013
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
16/08/2013
Med's Done....
20/08/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/09/2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In Canada as temporary Foreign Worker since 2009
honpredictable said:
I mean MR and RPRF!!
DB00204

Best of luck. Its hopefully just a matter of time for you now.

Weyland

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (tfrd from Buffalo)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/06/2011
Doc's Request.
23/07/2013
AOR Received.
August 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
16/08/2013
Med's Done....
20/08/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/09/2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In Canada as temporary Foreign Worker since 2009
gagan4u said:
can someone plz tell me the ones who got their updated forms request with updated reference letter from current employer,,,,what did u send them,,,someone who is not working but still have permanent offer,,,what did u send???just the forms???im currently a student,,,someone plz suggest
Hi gagan4u

I got your personal message but I am unable to send personal messages myself yet as I do not have enough posts to unlock this functionality.

To answer your question yes the officer requested an updated employment confirmation letter. This was straightforward for me as I am still with the same employer that vouched for me as part of my FSW2 application.

Unfortunately I am no expert on these matters and cannot offer you any relevant guidance on your specific case. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members of the forum can offer some guidance to you.

Best of luck with your application.

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
Weyland said:
Hi gagan4u

I got your personal message but I am unable to send personal messages myself yet as I do not have enough posts to unlock this functionality.

To answer your question yes the officer requested an updated employment confirmation letter. This was straightforward for me as I am still with the same employer that vouched for me as part of my FSW2 application.

Unfortunately I am no expert on these matters and cannot offer you any relevant guidance on your specific case. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members of the forum can offer some guidance to you.

Best of luck with your application.

thanks weyland for help,,,i m very sure there r other members in same situtation,,,w8ing for their response ,,,i have same officer though

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
Hi gagan4u,
Why not add a note to explain why you can't send them an updated letter from an employer? For instance, that you decided to upgrade yourself by going to school so currently not working. I'm not very clear about what you mean by "having a permanent offer but not working", Does it mean you have a promise of a job when you complete school? Sorry about my ignorance of that phrase if my interpretation is wrong. I do hope you find a way out of this predicament.

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
gagan4u said:
hi there i have the same case officer pls let me know they r asking me for updated forms and reference letter,,im currently not working,,what to send??

I got a letter from the same employer that he would be willing to hire me permanently after I get my PR. I quit working under him since 2012, so what he wrote in the letter was, my job duties, duration of employment, position and offer of employment on full time and indeterminate basis. Try to get this done if possible.It would work...good luck :)

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
alwayspositive said:
Hi gagan4u,
Why not add a note to explain why you can't send them an updated letter from an employer? For instance, that you decided to upgrade yourself by going to school so currently not working. I'm not very clear about what you mean by "having a permanent offer but not working", Does it mean you have a promise of a job when you complete school? Sorry about my ignorance of that phrase if my interpretation is wrong. I do hope you find a way out of this predicament.
I was working with the employer till work permit expired after 3 yrs ,,yes my employer is willing to hire me once Permanent resdnce.. so i was confused what to tell them as i m currently studying .....thanks so much for suggesting any other thoughts plz let me know

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
BK11 said:
I got a letter from the same employer that he would be willing to hire me permanently after I get my PR. I quit working under him since 2012, so what he wrote in the letter was, my job duties, duration of employment, position and offer of employment on full time and indeterminate basis. Try to get this done if possible.It would work...good luck :)

thanks a ton BK 11 ,,,some relief from ur side i was trying to contact u since morning,,,some people are just meant to confuse thanks again thanks alot.......

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
gagan4u said:
thanks a ton BK 11 ,,,some relief from ur side i was trying to contact u since morning,,,some people are just meant to confuse thanks again thanks alot.......
you will get MR soon :) I was also not sure in my case, but I got MR in 13 days after submitting all the docs!! It was so relieving. Good luck to you.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
gagan4u said:
I was working with the employer till work permit expired after 3 yrs ,,yes my employer is willing to hire me once Permanent resdnce.. so i was confused what to tell them as i m currently studying .....thanks so much for suggesting any other thoughts plz let me know

Hi gagan4u,
You don't have a problem then, you are in an even stronger position. As BK11 advised, get a letter indicating your previous work with your employer and also let him add that he is ready to employ you after graduation. Best of luck. :)

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
alwayspositive said:
Hi gagan4u,
You don't have a problem then, you are in an even stronger position. As BK11 advised, get a letter indicating your previous work with your employer and also let him add that he is ready to employ you after graduation. Best of luck. :)
Thanks to both of u,,its been a long and stressful journey,almost file processing took 3 yrs,,,i wish everyone passes this stressful journey soon

gagan4u

Star Member
Feb 8, 2013
gagan4u said:
Thanks to both of u,,its been a long and stressful journey,almost file processing took 3 yrs,,,i wish everyone passes this stressful journey soon
Considering the current class of CEC which only requires 1 yr Canadian skilled experience,,they should give us visa's as we have been in the country worked,studied,,,wishing goodluck to everyone

callmeqqx

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2011
Doc's Request.
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2011
File Transfer...
July,2012
Med's Request
08-07-2013
Med's Done....
16-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2013(Received by Ottawa on 26-08-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013(Sent out by Ottawa on 09-09-2013)
LANDED..........
14-09-2013(Rainbow Bridge)
joec19 said:
Received my PPR today!!! Does anyone know how long it takes to receive my passport back once CIC receives it?
Big congs, I am so hoping to get mine soon!

Fortunate

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Hi alwayspositive

It's good to hear that you were asked to submit updated documents. Your timeline is like mine; I have 2 questions for you if you could please answer:
1) Which date in June 2011 your application was submitted? My application was submitted in June 28, 2011; but I have not been contacted by CIC since my application was transferred to Ottawa.
2) Regarding settlement fund, do you know why they asked to submit it again? and did CIC ask for the bank statement for the last 6 month or just a current balance in your account?

Thank you very much in advance.

alwayspositive said:
Dear All,
I am new in this forum. I have been encouraged by many of the useful posts here on people's experiences and have just decided to sign up. Probably my experiences may also help someone. In my case, my spouse is the principal applicant. Timeline:
FSW 1
Visa Office Ottawa
application filed: June 2011
AOR: August 2011
Transferred to Buffalo: September 2011
Transfer to Ottawa: Not sure
Updated document request: July 22, 2013
Document sent: July 25, 2013

Sent a follow-up mail to ensure all documents were received and found out that though we received the automated response, some of them had not been received. We re-sent those that were not received and they acknowledged receipt. My advice is that even if you receive an automated response, wait a few days and send a follow-up email.

Though we applied under FSW1, we received request to send employment letter as well besides the Generic Application form, background declaration schedule 3, settlement funds etc. Fortunately my spouse is in a PhD program that requires him to do research in another organisation so he has what is called a co-op work permit. He sent a letter from that organisation. It is not a permanent job.

Waiting to hear from CIC.
Sorry if I have posted this more than once. I'm still learning how to navigate the system.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
Fortunate said:
Hi alwayspositive

It's good to hear that you were asked to submit updated documents. Your timeline is like mine; I have 2 questions for you if you could please answer:
1) Which date in June 2011 your application was submitted? My application was submitted in June 28, 2011; but I have not been contacted by CIC since my application was transferred to Ottawa.
2) Regarding settlement fund, do you know why they asked to submit it again? and did CIC ask for the bank statement for the last 6 month or just a current balance in your account?

Thank you very much in advance.
Hi Fortunate,
Application was filed on June 8th. I think the reason for asking for settlement funds is to ensure new immigrants have some means of sustenance between the period of arrival and finding a job. I'm not sure why they ask for it again from those who are already in Canada. They did not ask for 6 months but we provided 6 to 12 months statements on some of the accounts, The following were the documents they requested:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Updated IMM0008 “Generic Application Form For Canada”

Updated IMM5669 “Schedule A” for yourself and your spouse(if applicable) and dependents over 18 (if applicable)

Updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” for yourself and your spouse (if applicable) and dependents over 18 (if applicable)

Updated “Schedule 3” for yourself
(Please note: We ask that you complete all information on the Schedule 3 with the exception of section 6: Canadian Educational Credential or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report, it is not required. In Section 7, if you have already provided language testing results, we do not require them again. If they have not previously been provided, we ask that you send us your completed language testing results)

Updated letter of reference from current employer confirming employment along with detailed description of your duties
NOTE: please note, if you reside in Canada the work reference must also indicate if the employment is permanent