+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases(FSW) - Pls join here

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
glowingheart said:
relax I dont think you are going to any extra investigation or interview
they simply transferred your file, they do this to easy the load on ottawa
mine was suck in ottawa about 1 year and then transferred to Detroit and everything got finalized in less than 2 months

dont know if NY is faster than Ottawa or LA but at least your file moved so that means some progress

looking at obs35 posts in the past you can tell that he or she doesn't know any better than any other user and loves to spread bad news or make that kind of comments. thats why has this Ratings: +8/-42

Just relax and ignore all comments that can make u feel nervous cause they come from other people frustrations cause you should be getting your PPR soon maybe within the next month or two
I see you are confused, but that's OK, I'm here to help you....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob481.asp

relevant part: "By centralizing the printing of CoPRs and visa counterfoils in Canada, CPP-O will support the overseas network by allowing it to focus on inventories and processing more complex cases that require local knowledge and expertise."

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
obs35 said:
I see you are confused, but that's OK, I'm here to help you....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob481.asp

relevant part: "By centralizing the printing of CoPRs and visa counterfoils in Canada, CPP-O will support the overseas network by allowing it to focus on inventories and processing more complex cases that require local knowledge and expertise."
nice find but Ottawa has been transferring the cases just before requesting passports it happened to me and tons of other applicants
if you think you know something and it wont help others relax keep it to yourself don't know the enjoyment in making people feel bad
that user has been waiting since 2009, show your respect by keeping to yourself what others don't want to hear

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
shinbukan said:
Hello all,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.
In the new IM0008 form CIC requires FSW1 applicants to update, it reads:

For your application to be considered complete, you must include proof of a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential OR proof of your completed foreign educational credential AND original ECA report from a designated organization indicating the authenticity and equivalency of your completed foreign educational credential(s) to a completed Canadian educational credential(s). Your ECA report must have been issued on or after the date on which the organization was designated by CIC, and must meet CIC content and format requirements. In addition, your ECA report must not be more than five years old at the time you apply.

Does this apply to those who have degrees from other countries and have submitted them along with their original documents in 2011? Or do they have to authenticate the credentials?

Thanks
Hi shinbukan,

I have the same timelines as yours; in fact your application was received 3 days before mine.

I did not get this request, eventhough when I applied I have not completed my degree in Canada and I had not done an assessment of my foreign qualification in Canada. So I basically applied with my non-Canadian degree

However, what I feel is that this new requirements apply to only to post June 2013 applicants.

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Glowingheart,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I browsed the web and found every body got PPR within 2 months after case transferred from Ottawa to any other office in North America. Hope that would be the case for me as well....

I have sent an email to New York Office, let's see what they reply and I would update you accordingly.

Bravoo

callmeqqx

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2011
Doc's Request.
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2011
File Transfer...
July,2012
Med's Request
08-07-2013
Med's Done....
16-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2013(Received by Ottawa on 26-08-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013(Sent out by Ottawa on 09-09-2013)
LANDED..........
14-09-2013(Rainbow Bridge)
Hi, everyone, so happy to be here for sharing the information.
Here is my info:
Category........: FSW2

Visa Office......: Buffalo
Job Offer........: Yes
App. Filed.......: June 12th 2011
AOR Received.: August 12th 2011
File Transfer CPP-OTTAWA: July 2012
Doc request: May 29th 2013
Doc sent: June 13th 2013
Med's Request: July 8th 2013 +RPRF
Med's Done....: July 16th 2013
Med's Sent (emedical):July 25th 2013

So i am wondering how long it takes to get PPR from CPP-O nowadays?

Many thanks in advance,

av11

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2013
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
June 13, 2013
Med's Done....
June 17, 2013 (sent via emedical June 21)
Passport Req..
July 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Received passport w visa August 7, 2013
callmeqqx said:
So i am wondering how long it takes to get PPR from CPP-O nowadays?
In my case it took just under 3 weeks from medicals submitted via emedical to passport request.

Good luck!

shinbukan

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
London, ON
JJ-C said:
Hi shinbukan,

I have the same timelines as yours; in fact your application was received 3 days before mine.

I did not get this request, eventhough when I applied I have not completed my degree in Canada and I had not done an assessment of my foreign qualification in Canada. So I basically applied with my non-Canadian degree

However, what I feel is that this new requirements apply to only to post June 2013 applicants.
Hi JJ-C

I haven't received the CIC email yet. A friend of mine who had applied 2 weeks earlier than me received a request to update the files a few days ago.
Hopefully it would soon be our turn :)

ehsantjf

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2013 (PhD info)
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
IELTS Request
(sent with docs)
File Transfer...
16-05-2012 (to Ottawa-CPP)
Med's Request
10-10-2013 (with RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-11-2013 :D
shinbukan said:
Hi JJ-C

I haven't received the CIC email yet. A friend of mine who had applied 2 weeks earlier than me received a request to update the files a few days ago.
Hopefully it would soon be our turn :)
Shinbukan,

Do you have job offer?

thanks.

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
hello every one
plz do reply
can you let me know how long it take to get ppr in my case
my case was rejected in mar 2013 , I applied for reconsideration but cic did not reconsider my case so I went for judicial appeal
and few day ago I got letter from Department of justice they are ready for settlement with me , my rejection decision will be set aside and they will send my file to new officer and re open my case with no cost
when my case rejected I had paid landing fees and medical was done all kind of documents and pcc already with Ottawa office , I am dec 2009 applicant

I accepted their offer , department of justice sent my file to Ottawa again to new visa officer
and 2 days ago I have re done my medical and send new pcc to Ottawa

how long take to issur ppr now , coz my point was already calculated with them

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
damodar said:
hello every one
plz do reply
can you let me know how long it take to get ppr in my case
my case was rejected in mar 2013 , I applied for reconsideration but cic did not reconsider my case so I went for judicial appeal
and few day ago I got letter from Department of justice they are ready for settlement with me , my rejection decision will be set aside and they will send my file to new officer and re open my case with no cost
when my case rejected I had paid landing fees and medical was done all kind of documents and pcc already with Ottawa office , I am dec 2009 applicant

I accepted their offer , department of justice sent my file to Ottawa again to new visa officer
and 2 days ago I have re done my medical and send new pcc to Ottawa

how long take to issur ppr now , coz my point was already calculated with them
Sorry to hear about the rejection.I'm glad for you that finally you file has been re-opened and you are now on the verge of getting PPR.I think what is most important here is that your appeal went well and in such a brief period for that matter.

The way the whole process works nowadays,no one can tell precisely when to expect what.But because your own case is a special one,given the fact that dept of justice now have stake in it,i think you should expect your PPR anytime soon.

Aside,could you please let me know how you went about the whole judicial appeal process?
Thanks

callmeqqx

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2011
Doc's Request.
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2011
File Transfer...
July,2012
Med's Request
08-07-2013
Med's Done....
16-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2013(Received by Ottawa on 26-08-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013(Sent out by Ottawa on 09-09-2013)
LANDED..........
14-09-2013(Rainbow Bridge)
av11 said:
In my case it took just under 3 weeks from medicals submitted via emedical to passport request.

Good luck!
Many thanks av11

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
revival said:
Sorry to hear about the rejection.I'm glad for you that finally you file has been re-opened and you are now on the verge of getting PPR.I think what is most important here is that your appeal went well and in such a brief period for that matter.

The way the whole process works nowadays,no one can tell precisely when to expect what.But because your own case is a special one,given the fact that dept of justice now have stake in it,i think you should expect your PPR anytime soon.

Aside,could you please let me know how you went about the whole judicial appeal process?
Thanks
its was because AEO
first immigration officer gave me 15 point at buffalo but when my file transfer to Ottawa immigration officer deduct my 15 point after 13 month of medical and landing fees ,and my total score went to 65 , so immigration officer rejected my case due to shortage of 2 point . it was error so I went for judicial review and department of justice agreed that error was made and court is ready for settlement
Hope fully I will get my 15 point back according federal court my total score will reach to 80
and Ottawa will issue me ppr ASAP
coz my file is already 44 months till now

wucike

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
15-1-2011
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 DM 2-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2014
av11 said:

Good luck!
wow~ decent speed! what's your timeline av11 please??