14-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
longest_wait said:
I am a June 2011 applicant, so i'd like to pass my condolences to everyone who's applied before me and haven't got this crap sorted out yet.

I've tried everything I could (Contacted MP, Minister, CIC) and everyone has replied saying they can't do jack.

Currently and for more than god-knows-how-many months, my application is still stuck at the security/background check. Funny thing is, I became an adult in Canada and haven't lived anywhere else for more than 6 months since the age of 17. Yet, still stuck in background check (ridiculous?)

Does any one know how long this background check thing takes? My ecas has been "in process" since last December.

Anyone know any other way? Get a lawyer, go to court, call the dam security check office, etc?

I am really hating how unfair this processing system is. People from 2012 are already complaining, what does that leave us 2011-2010 applicants?

Cheers and hoping everyone gets their applications completed ASAP
Hi longest_wait,
Like you i am a June 2011 applicant, but i didn't contact anybody nor requested a GCMS notes. I emailed CIC sometime in Oct. 2012 to let them know that my medical and my dependents medical are expiring that month. CIC replied they will request to extend the medicals but that didn't happened. Feb. 2013 i got another email that my dependent needs to redo medical back in my home country and they requested to submit my updated personal history, transcript of record for my eldest and RTPR fee. I submitted all the requested docs & my kids redo their meds March 5. I don't know what will happen next, i haven't received anything other than the generic email saying that they received my email.
I am also hating how unfair this processing system is, it is not our fault that they took so long to process our application and yet we are
suffering because of this. i don't know what is their criteria because i can see there are still some 2010 applicants waiting for their PR. I'm happy for some who got their PPR who are 2012 applicant, but how about us who are 2010 & 2011 applicant. I think we don't have any choice but to wait.
Cheers and hoping the long wait will end soon!

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
HMIDATOU said:
Guys, it's finally here. I just contacted cpp-ottawa, and they realized that they made a mistake in my last ppr, the agent told me that i will get any email by the end of the day with the correct instruction on how to send the passports. my previous email was to send a photocopy of my passports and they corrected it and they are asking for the actual passports. Finally This journey comes to an end.
I want to thank everyone in this forum, to all those who helped me go through this. Thank you all.
Finally PPR in my mailbox.
Praise GOD.
can you please tell us did you get the request to submit personal history or pcc?? and when??

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
supp said:
can you please tell us did you get the request to submit personal history or pcc?? and when??
i got an email requesting personal history and pac on feb 14

tank-boy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013 (received 27-05-2013)
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
I received PPR last night after a long wait. The email i received includes three attachments a RPRF instruction file, Biodata file and the PPR letter titled date. :D

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
tank-boy said:
I received PPR last night after a long wait. The email i received includes three attachments a RPRF instruction file, Biodata file and the PPR letter titled date. :D
Congrats.... :D

Asor

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tank-boy said:
Great!!! Congrats :)

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
tank-boy said:
Congrats

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tank-boy said:
congrats

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
tank-boy said:
congrats bro.. were you requested personal history, PCC? and when??

India90

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
india new del. (ludhiana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 feb 2015
File Transfer...
23 may 2015
Med's Request
11 jan 2016
Med's Done....
14 jan 2016
Passport Req..
9 feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
13 feb 2016
LANDED..........
soon
emanager said:
Why did they asked PCC again, did you sent just a photocopy of your PCC when you applied for PR?
apply pr march 2012
med april 2012
document request on april 2013
pcc,fees,rcmp finger prints, persnol history
i send it already last week still waiting
i also dnt know why there r looking for it
any one know how long i have to wait moreeeeeee :-[

Asor

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
India90 said:
apply pr march 2012
med april 2012
document request on april 2013
pcc,fees,rcmp finger prints, persnol history
i send it already last week still waiting
i also dnt know why there r looking for it
any one know how long i have to wait moreeeeeee :-[
Nobody knows how long this process gonna take! I'm Jan applicant and still waiting, so don't worry and be patient :(

a2work

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (old Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2011
Nomination.....
March-2011
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
1st:Oct-2011 2nd: Mar-2013
mybadluck said:
Anybody(Buffalo transfer) who has done the medicals second time on request from Ottawa has received ppr lately?
Yes I got the response today from CPP-O, although not an encourgaing once

Dear XYZ;

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and criminality.

Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of your and / or your spouse's application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you and / or your spouse as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always frustrating to all concerned.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

mybadluck

Aug 22, 2012
So basically we are back in the same shi...., i would say most of the people who got their medicals redone will go through their background checks again as they also might have expired. I think even the god can't help us now.