+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

singhcanada4

Jan 22, 2013
sharuu said:
It is better if you ask CIC the question.. Did you apply as a skilled worker? Is your work permit valid and will it be valid when you land? Are you quitting your job or taking a leave?

Hello Sharuu,

My name is Singh, I am on closed Work Permit in Canada and have applied for PR under FSW with Arranged Employment in May, 2011 at Buffalo, USA.

I got married an year ago and applied for Visitor VISA and Open Work Permit (based on my WP) for my wife, both of which were denied.

My queries are:
1.) Do I try applying for Visitor VISA again ? FYI- My wife didn't have a job in India then, but has one now.
OR
2.) Do I find a prospective employer in Canada and go for the LMO-WP option ?

Which option could be more successful ? Please advise.

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
Curious_city said:
What a Tuesday!! No PPR?
It's been while like this....no PPR's :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
Curious_city said:
Did CIC send our files to them without notifying them? You call this kind of treatment KINDNESS?

We can give dozens of excuses for CPP-Ottawa or CIC, but the truth they didn't do proper planning before transferring the files.
I was being sarcastic about Ottawa being kind! They have made me wait for 25+ months and they are not even replying my emails. I am discouraged by CIC and have lost my trust in the conservative party of Canada. We have to wait till Sept 21 and learn about our options and reduce our expectations and adapt ourselves to a life without a PR.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
The fact is that any application file is in process.
Everyone is sure about this.
Interesting is that the term "in process" does not have a meaning at all in CIC terminology.

Well, I have given up with MPs and Notes, and Emails. I will rely on my poor luck from now on.

na1234

Nov 28, 2012
nima514 said:
We have to wait till Sept 21 and learn about our options and reduce our expectations and adapt ourselves to a life without a PR.
I sent Ottawa an email and they replied to me with the table that we are now seeing everywhere, so since I applied in Feb 2011 according to the table we should hear from them before February 28.

I just hope for once they are honest. Lets hope for some positive results in Feb.

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
na1234 said:
I sent Ottawa an email and they replied to me with the table that we are now seeing everywhere, so since I applied in Feb 2011 according to the table we should hear from them before February 28.

I just hope for once they are honest. Lets hope for some positive results in Feb.
If you don't mind, can you share table with us....

Thanks

Raj_veer

Jan 23, 2013
Need assistance ..!!

Hi I'm raj from india I have applied for the MPNP Skilled worker program last year , everything was going well as in order until, the work experience I've given of the industry opened his second branch . So when the team visited my industry it was locked and they inquire about it . To which they came to know its changed to some other place .and due to less business orders , my employer made me on call. As from 2007 to aug 2012 I was a regular employee . After there visit they called my employer and asked about me so he said yes he works here but he is on call basis. After that I've received mail from CHC stating that my experience letter is not genuine and they want a satisfactory answer or they will ban me for 2 years.

And from dec 2012 my employer called me on regular basis as our industry is full functional now. And I've mailed them the same that due to less work load I was on call from August 2012 to November 2012 . And now I'm working regular from December . I've mailed them on 10th January 2013 and can anybody tell me how much time will they take to recheck my working status , and second am I still eligible for visa or is there any problem in that now??

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Raj_veer said:
Hi I'm raj from india I have applied for the MPNP Skilled worker program last year , everything was going well as in order until, the work experience I've given of the industry opened his second branch . So when the team visited my industry it was locked and they inquire about it . To which they came to know its changed to some other place .and due to less business orders , my employer made me on call. As from 2007 to aug 2012 I was a regular employee . After there visit they called my employer and asked about me so he said yes he works here but he is on call basis. After that I've received mail from CHC stating that my experience letter is not genuine and they want a satisfactory answer or they will ban me for 2 years.

And from dec 2012 my employer called me on regular basis as our industry is full functional now. And I've mailed them the same that due to less work load I was on call from August 2012 to November 2012 . And now I'm working regular from December . I've mailed them on 10th January 2013 and can anybody tell me how much time will they take to recheck my working status , and second am I still eligible for visa or is there any problem in that now??
Where are you right now?...India or CANADA?

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
RWilco said:
I agree that our applications are not represented in any processing statistics, therefore there's no visibility or accountability to our timelines, and no real incentive for CPP-O to move them through (that's why they took "Buffalo" off of the visa office list for processing times -- I'm sure it would show well over 20 months at this point). Mine's not even 'in process' and it hasn't changed for well over a year.

Looking at trackitt, lots of recent applicants have been getting their medical results turned in which to me implies their applications have been assigned to an officer. The fact that more recent applications are getting handled while ours continue to languish in the 'lost and forgotten' file is unethical and I'm discouraged that CIC and its leadership is not being held accountable to this.

Also, does it seem to anyone else like the rate of PPRs (at least reported PPRs) here in the forum has noticeably slowed in the new year?
@ RWilco...I'm afraid I don't agree with your view point. If it was true, then applicants applied to Ottawa would be receiving PPRs. But that's not the case. I think we can't ever be sure. There is something that is impeding the process not just for the 2011 applicants, but over all for everyone who applied in North America region. While I fully understand your plight and frustration, I don't agree with you that CPP-O is deliberately ignoring 2011 applicants because they don't have an incentive as long as the processing time goes.

Further, despite the fact that all the predictions here by many so called experts, the expertise remains awfully inadequate. After all these are all predictions and thus remain mere speculation. Nothing less nothing more!

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Its been a terrible week so far...........No PPRs.
At this point "yes" or "no" answer be wud enuf for me.
??? :-\ :'(

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
There is a manifestation in Ottawa on the 29th of Jan. It is for people that have delays in their PR application.
There is a question and answer in this regard in the house; and people want to show that there are lots of them.

They are also asking for compensation, and want to reduce the wait after PR from 2 years to 1 year. If any of you interested, take a look at :

https://www.facebook.com/events/460770390651906/

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Edmontonbound said:
@ RWilco...I'm afraid I don't agree with your view point. If it was true, then applicants applied to Ottawa would be receiving PPRs. But that's not the case. I think we can't ever be sure. There is something that is impeding the process not just for the 2011 applicants, but over all for everyone who applied in North America region. While I fully understand your plight and frustration, I don't agree with you that CPP-O is deliberately ignoring 2011 applicants because they don't have an incentive as long as the processing time goes.

Further, despite the fact that all the predictions here by many so called experts, the expertise remains awfully inadequate. After all these are all predictions and thus remain mere speculation. Nothing less nothing more!
@EdmontonBound -- I agree that we can't really be sure exactly what is going on, since the information we are working with is so limited and in many cases unofficial, due to CIC's veil of secrecy and inconsistent communications. One of the best things about this forum is that due to the generosity of the members, we see CIC correspondence that we otherwise would have no exposure to, and a little more insight into what is happening with our PNP applications in general. I've certainly found it very helpful.

For a summary of case histories, however, Trackitt is the most complete data source I'm aware of, and although not perfect (there's some obvious bad data), I see no reason to doubt what it shows overall.
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/provincial-nominees

Looking through the PNP trackitt tables, there's some interesting things to notice. If you sort by the "application sent to visa office" date column (click on the column header), you start to see a measurable amount of green (approved) when you reach dates of Jan 2012 and earlier, which means a lot of applications that were submitted in Sept/Oct/Nov 2011 (plus some later) have already been approved, while many of us that applied several months earlier have yet to be even be assigned to an officer. If you click on the 'Passport Requested' column header, you can also get a sense of how many PPRs have been going out over the last few months as well. This seems to indicate a drop off in PPRs over the last couple months, although this could also be an effect of people not updating their trackitt status very quickly.

So while CPP-O may not be deliberately ignoring 2010/2011 applicants, they certainly don't appear to be considering application date for processing priority either. So the question remains... what method, if any, does CIC use to prioritize processing applications?

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
duiusa said:
If you don't mind, can you share table with us....

Thanks
The original table is in QSW-111's post (#5179) from January 17th. At the moment it shows up on forum page #346 on my computer.

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
There's been a few discussions on the forum over the months, with mixed opinions, about contacting local MPs for insight into application status. Typically what happens is someone from the MPs office contacts CIC to get an update, which the MPs office communicates back to the applicant. Typically the rules seem to be that you can contact your MPs office for status if your application has taken longer than the 80% processing time shown on the CIC website for your application category, which for CPP-O currentlys shows 11 months. This to me means that anyone who sent a PNP application to Buffalo in 2011 or earlier should be eligible.

Even though there appears to be a lot of variability in the results from these inquiries, I still think it is a good idea to make these requests, and as often as allowed, and here's why:

1) You might get some useful information about your application status.
2) It will increase the awareness among MPs about the scale of the processing delays for Buffalo applicants
3) Increased awareness might (hopefully?) lead to some additional action among people that can do something to push things forward?

Have you contacted your MP recently? Any thoughts on this from anyone else?

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
hmdlsd said:
There is a manifestation in Ottawa on the 29th of Jan. It is for people that have delays in their PR application.
There is a question and answer in this regard in the house; and people want to show that there are lots of them.

They are also asking for compensation, and want to reduce the wait after PR from 2 years to 1 year. If any of you interested, take a look at :

https://www.facebook.com/events/460770390651906/
thanks for the reminder. I will attend the event. It will be cool to meet people from the forum there.