May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
sharuu said:
If you already know the answer.. then good!
No I don't know the answer. All I know is if an employer name is mentioned in your WP, then it's a closed one. No brainer indeed!
FYI - I have only the WP visa. The WP will only be issued when I enter Canada at a POE.
What I don't know is if a job offer w/o an LMO will have a closed WP and that if one can figure out from the visa the type of WP.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
mast said:
sharu i have even got my medicals done 9 months ago, jst waiting for passport request but can i leave before that if need arises for couple of months as i have still valid multipple entry and work permit visa. for how long one can take leave?
It is better if you ask CIC the question.. Did you apply as a skilled worker? Is your work permit valid and will it be valid when you land? Are you quitting your job or taking a leave?

Madelaine

Sep 6, 2012
Can I ask uguys about work permit extention?

i am April /2011 applicant for AINP ( post graduate category) I am still waiting for my ppr

and My postgraduate work permit is expiring soon

in this case, can I extend my work permit or do I need to leave Canada?

Plz anyone answer me

McGill

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
@Madelaine:
Please read this, it will provide useful information:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

Madelaine

Sep 6, 2012
also
I am working at daycare

but website says

If a medical examination has not been previously conducted in relation to their current status in Canada, or in relation to the application for permanent residence, or its result has expired, the office must impose the following conditions:
•Not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations;
•Not authorized to work in agricultural occupations.

Can anyone explain about this ? ( So Am I able to work at daycare or not?)

Please ...

SLML

Jan 20, 2013
Edmontonbound said:
I have applied under AINP-US visa holder category. Once I got the offer, I requested the Alberta immigration office to write me a 'letter of support' to Canada consulate. They did. That letter of support is actually imperative in being LMO exempt.
Thanks so Much!

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Madelaine said:
also
I am working at daycare

but website says

If a medical examination has not been previously conducted in relation to their current status in Canada, or in relation to the application for permanent residence, or its result has expired, the office must impose the following conditions:
•Not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations;
•Not authorized to work in agricultural occupations.

Can anyone explain about this ? ( So Am I able to work at daycare or not?)

Please ...
It means you need to get another medical examination (or possibly an extension for your prior results) to have authorization to work in those areas. You will need to contact your visa office to get the proper information, as specified in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

I assume your current work permit specifies any restrictions that apply to your current status (they show up on open work permits just like any other work permits). I haven't heard of anyone who has successfully received a bridging open work permit since the program is so new and there's an almost 3 month processing time for new or extended work permits. Historically you could apply for a work permit extension, and your PNP eliminated the need for an LMO, but your new work permit was restricted to a single employer.

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Hello All,
First congrats to all those who recently got thier PR!!!. My question is: For those who have contacted MPs in the past, did you guys emailed the MP directly or the office? Though I am certain of response I maybe getting, I would like to email my MP and atleast hear something from someone else. This wait is gradually wearing me out.
Thanks

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
Tracy22k said:
Hello All,
First congrats to all those who recently got thier PR!!!. My question is: For those who have contacted MPs in the past, did you guys emailed the MP directly or the office? Though I am certain of response I maybe getting, I would like to email my MP and atleast hear something from someone else. This wait is gradually wearing me out.
Thanks
We can only get to the MP through her/his office. Once you email the MP it goes to his/her office and the secretary can book you an appointment so that you can explain the situation to the office. I believe it's a very good thing that you are going to your MP. Unlike CIC, MPs really care about us because they don't want us to walk around their constituency telling everybody that the MP neglects people. If we remain silent then CIC won't diverge its resources to us and our applications remain in boxes somewhere in Ottawa until we withdraw our applications and make new ones.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Its been a long and sad story for all of us...

There is no specific hope in MPs. I just get the same response I used to get.
There is a trend, we should wait for. and It might take forever...

It is not about being hopeless or so, it is just about the wasted time for me and many other friends; who have lost the joy of life.
Not legally, but morally, the CIC is responsible for these people. and yet, they care nothing.

Hope everyone doing well with their life in this suspense...

Curious_city

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
10-09-2011
Med's Done....
13-10-2011(Spouse's Med=19-01-2012):2nd Med=04-03-2013
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013(Got it back on 25/07/2013)
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
What a Tuesday!! No PPR?

MyCat

Aug 21, 2012
I first contacted my MP in August. They replied within 24 hoursand were able to tell me my file was transferred to Ottawa July 22, 2012. They also mentioned that my file was in process and it may be a few weeks before I heard anything. But I should contact them once again in October if I hadn't received anything by then.

Well I gave them til December and contacted the same MP's office. All I was told was that my file was in process.

Seriously? Someone somewhere along the line is lying.

Seems like a waste of time contacting MPs. They can't move your file along. Their only use is to get you your transfer date and some piece of mind that your file hasn't fallen into the shredder!

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
MyCat said:
I first contacted my MP in August. They replied within 24 hoursand were able to tell me my file was transferred to Ottawa July 22, 2012. They also mentioned that my file was in process and it may be a few weeks before I heard anything. But I should contact them once again in October if I hadn't received anything by then.

Well I gave them til December and contacted the same MP's office. All I was told was that my file was in process.

Seriously? Someone somewhere along the line is lying.

Seems like a waste of time contacting MPs. They can't move your file along. Their only use is to get you your transfer date and some piece of mind that your file hasn't fallen into the shredder!
I think the MP is right. Your application is in Process and so is mine. It's just that the processing of our applications are stalled due to the lack of available officers. The trouble is that our applications are not "submitted" to Ottawa but they are transferred to Ottawa. CPP-Ottawa is apparently not responsible for us. They are slowly processing our applications just because they are kind! CPP-Ottawa is not willing to damage its reputation as a fast processing office by devoting more of its resources to the transferred applications.

Curious_city

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
10-09-2011
Med's Done....
13-10-2011(Spouse's Med=19-01-2012):2nd Med=04-03-2013
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013(Got it back on 25/07/2013)
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
nima514 said:
I think the MP is right. Your application is in Process and so is mine. It's just that the processing of our applications are stalled due to the lack of available officers. The trouble is that our applications are not "submitted" to Ottawa but they are transferred to Ottawa. CPP-Ottawa is apparently not responsible for us. They are slowly processing our applications just because they are kind! CPP-Ottawa is not willing to damage its reputation as a fast processing office by devoting more of its resources to the transferred applications.
Did CIC send our files to them without notifying them? You call this kind of treatment KINDNESS?

We can give dozens of excuses for CPP-Ottawa or CIC, but the truth they didn't do proper planning before transferring the files.

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
nima514 said:
I agree that our applications are not represented in any processing statistics, therefore there's no visibility or accountability to our timelines, and no real incentive for CPP-O to move them through (that's why they took "Buffalo" off of the visa office list for processing times -- I'm sure it would show well over 20 months at this point). Mine's not even 'in process' and it hasn't changed for well over a year.

Looking at trackitt, lots of recent applicants have been getting their medical results turned in which to me implies their applications have been assigned to an officer. The fact that more recent applications are getting handled while ours continue to languish in the 'lost and forgotten' file is unethical and I'm discouraged that CIC and its leadership is not being held accountable to this.

Also, does it seem to anyone else like the rate of PPRs (at least reported PPRs) here in the forum has noticeably slowed in the new year?