+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brining my husbands family from Syria to attend our wedding.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Hi everyone,

A little background. Ive been sponsoring my husband since April 15th of this year. Still no updates at our VO office and he hasnt gotten his PR yet BUT....

I was thinking about having a wedding ceremony in Canada. We got married back home and not a lot of my family was able to attend. His family was also not able to attend since they couldnt leave from Syria to Jordan because of war issues. (scary) Anyways, Im planning to have our wedding as soon as he gets is PR card and gets here.

My question is, is it possible to apply for a visit visa for his family to come for the wedding? Im worried because they do live in Syria and I know that they'll have to either go to Beruit or Amman to apply.

Any suggestions or information? Should I look into getting a lawyer?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A lawyer won't increase their chances of being approved - I would save your money and do it on your own.

There is always some chance they may be approved - but it will be difficult given where they are from. What you'll want to do is provide as much evidence as possible to demonstrate they have very strong ties to their home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Include any evidence they have of property owned back home, employment, businesses owned (if applicable). If they have traveled previously to countries where they require visas - this will certainly help.

Good luck.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
scylla said:
A lawyer won't increase their chances of being approved - I would save your money and do it on your own.

There is always some chance they may be approved - but it will be difficult given where they are from. What you'll want to do is provide as much evidence as possible to demonstrate they have very strong ties to their home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Include any evidence they have of property owned back home, employment, businesses owned (if applicable). If they have traveled previously to countries where they require visas - this will certainly help.

Good luck.
Thank you so much! Are papers still need about a year to process but I want to be proactive in starting their visa application. I've heard from others that it's better to apply for either the mom OR the dad and one sibling but I honestly cannot even imagine having to choose between them. And they've had opportunities to leave Syria but they are already pretty tied down to their home country. (They're very patriotic)

:)

hzeitoun

Apr 30, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Beruit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
AOR Received.
May 21, 2015
Hi Mariam, yup i am the person who u think i am :)

To answer your questions YES you can apply for them to come. However, you must apply ONLY after you got your decision made and his visa is stamped and good to go. Only than u can apply for the family to come to Canada as a visitor. It only takes about 14 days to get their visitors visa and its a very easy/simple process.

Good Luck and Mabrook

hzeitoun

Apr 30, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Beruit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2015
AOR Received.
May 21, 2015
Masriixo said:
Thank you so much! Are papers still need about a year to process but I want to be proactive in starting their visa application. I've heard from others that it's better to apply for either the mom OR the dad and one sibling but I honestly cannot even imagine having to choose between them. And they've had opportunities to leave Syria but they are already pretty tied down to their home country. (They're very patriotic)

:)

Im very sure you can bring both MOM and DAD plus additional members (family). I know a few cases this happened in the last 6 months and everything went smooth. As long as all required paper work are done correctly and submitted

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
hzeitoun said:
Im very sure you can bring both MOM and DAD plus additional members (family). I know a few cases this happened in the last 6 months and everything went smooth. As long as all required paper work are done correctly and submitted
Aha crazy seeing you here! Mabroouk to you too. Our case is still in process so inshallah when DM is made I'll apply for there visa.

Ishallah your process is going smoothly.