+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging work permit after BCPNP with support letter

zzdyjcwj

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Johnny1989 said:
Yes i got my support letter but if you havent got, you can ask to pnp of you province not sure if you can make it Possible in your time frim.

But if you rejected on bowp and you want apply it again for closed wp you can not apply it because you do not have valid wp to apply at that time which is one of the requirement
Hi, I'm just wondering how long did it take you to get a support letter from bcpnp? I just sent them a email to request it. Thanks

Marcusssss

Jun 30, 2015
So there is no option to select The closed work permit in form IMM5710 so that mean we have to select open work permit

Second what we have to select for reason for applying
1)Work permit with same employer
2)initial work permit or work permit with new employer

And if we are going with closed wp does we can pay $100 for open work permit fee and attach the receipt in optional so that if we get aor updated in uci officer can give us open wp
Did you ger answer for q1 and q2?

I have applied for my pr and has AOR but my applied for it through PNP nominee and my nominee does indicate restriction -yes (but this nominee paper was expired a long time aga and i hava appled for PR within deadline properly-currently medcal test passed).

Please let me know..do you think i can apply for bowp? If not what type of work permit should i be applying for?

Navi0007

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi. I am bcpnp nominee but they did not issue mework permit support letter and as my workpermit is going to expire I need that letter for apply bridging visa. I already applied for permanent residency and also I have already send the work permit support letter application to bcpnp . Is anyone has idea how long it will take for issuance of that support letter from PNP.

Thtruc nguyen

Oct 7, 2018
Hi. I am bcpnp nominee but they did not issue mework permit support letter and as my workpermit is going to expire I need that letter for apply bridging visa. I already applied for permanent residency and also I have already send the work permit support letter application to bcpnp . Is anyone has idea how long it will take for issuance of that support letter from PNP.
Approximately three months

Navi0007

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
But my work permit is going to expire next month . I have nomination letter only and applied for support letter. How can I apply for bridging now.

Navi0007

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
But my work permit is going to expire next month . I have nomination letter only and applied for support letter. How can I apply for bridging now.

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hi, I am in same situation as yours.
Can you please tell me, what is the process for getting the work permit.

I have applied for PR but will not receive IRCC File number before expiring of my PGWP.

Your opinions will be highly appreciated.