+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging work permit after BCPNP with support letter

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Hello friend i need help regarding applying for bowp but problem is the fees showing wrong ($155) when i do
Eligibility question, according to my knowledge it should be $155. + $100 for open work permit fees.

Is it a system glitch or is there is a different way to apply for bowp after you get pnp with support letter but before applying fir pr.

Any help will be appreciated.

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Johnny1989 said:
Hello friend i need help regarding applying for bowp but problem is the fees showing wrong ($155) when i do
Eligibility question, according to my knowledge it should be $155. + $100 for open work permit fees.

Is it a system glitch or is there is a different way to apply for bowp after you get pnp with support letter
but before applying fir pr.

Any help will be appreciated.
you didn't apply so far for PR??
so you don't have your AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) because you need it for a BOWP
and to get the AOR you have to wait roughly 3-4 month

so probably you can't apply for a BOWP

and there are two options left which is:
1. closed WP based on R204(c) exemption with a support letter from your province
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp

2. WP based on LMIA

this thread is about the same topic:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/permit-to-apply-for-to-remain-in-canada-pending-mpnp-nomination-t462573.0.html;msg5599246#msg5599246

from CIC about BOWP:
Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of receipt - Application for permanent residence letter with their open work permit application.

Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

and if you have time to wait 4 month to apply for BOWP
at this question
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

You have answer here with " Yes "
and it means that they have found your application complete
and that you have got your AOR

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Thank you for your reply K4n4d4WS

so i have to apply for the closed wp because i haven't apply for pr yet

so has i have pgwp does my employer have to pay employer compliance fee?

and i am not sure about the eligibility questions that i have answer it all correct has below

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is the country/territory of your passport/travel document?
IND (India)

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

What is your date of birth?
July 4, 1989

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you? I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes: Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Humanitarian and Compassionate cases Protected Persons in Canada Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B; Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution; Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more; Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval) Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement a military personnel assigned to Canada a participant in professional sports activities or events an employee of a foreign news company a religious worker
No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
No

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
No

Do you have a written job offer?
Yes

What is your marital status?
Never Married/Single

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
British Columbia

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
No

When does your status in Canada expire?
February 7, 2017

Which situation best describes your work situation?
I'm a provincial nominee certificate holder

Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer?
No

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
No

Are you giving someone access to your application?
No

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
Yes, I will be paying my application fees.

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
Yes

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you need a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Yes

Malik_ovs

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
IELTS Request
already sent to CIC
No

Please answer Yes here you will have Open Work permit option available after you answer Yes to these question.

If your Work permit is set to expire let's say in next 3 months, please send your PR Application as soon as possible. Apply for Open work permit in the last week of your legal WP status. CIC tend to take 1-1.5 months to process WP applications by that time you will have your AOR with you. and even if you dont get AOR the officer who is assessing your WP application will find your information based on the UCI no. and he/she will issue you the work permit.

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Johnny1989 said:
I will be applying through expres entry so stil it take 2 to 3 months to get the AOR
apply for your PR as soon as possible and i think if you apply via EE that you will get AOR in a few days

if you apply for BOWP i would suggest that you do it only with AOR

Nas_AA

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Yeah I am in the same situation.

They received my Paper Based Application on the 24th of November but I didn't get any notification yet, I also couldn't link my application to my online cic account.

My open work permit ends March 1st, so I have sometime before I need to renew it. I am able to apply for a closed WP with my support letter but I kinda want to wait till Feb to see if I got my AOR.

I would be very happy if I was able to bridge my OWP.

Thanks

Reactions: applicant7775

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
So there is no option to select The closed work permit in form IMM5710 so that mean we have to select open work permit

Second what we have to select for reason for applying
1)Work permit with same employer
2)initial work permit or work permit with new employer

And if we are going with closed wp does we can pay $100 for open work permit fee and attach the receipt in optional so that if we get aor updated in uci officer can give us open wp

jesschalin

Nov 21, 2016
K4n4d4WS said:
apply for your PR as soon as possible and i think if you apply via EE that you will get AOR in a few days

if you apply for BOWP i would suggest that you do it only with AOR
Hi!

Thank you for your super clear answers above. They've been very helpful.

I'm just wondering does my current work permit have to be valid in order to apply for closed wp with LMIA exempt?

My pr was received by CIC on Nov 15th (I'm an OINP Master Stream Nominee), but my current open wp expires in mid Jan, which leaves me no time to wait for AOR.

Suppose i submitted my obwp on last week before expiry, and by the time a decision has been made and they refused me because my AOR hasn't been received yet, can I still apply for a closed wp by then?

I have been so devastated because of this wp issue recently. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks!

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Did you apply through EE

And do you have a work permit support letter from province with your employer name on it

jesschalin

Nov 21, 2016
Johnny1989 said:
Did you apply through EE

And do you have a work permit support letter from province with your employer name on it
Hey no i applied through oinp and they didn't issue me a support letter.

Did you just get your support letter or do you need to ask them for this? what's the procedure?

Thanks!

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Yes i got my support letter but if you havent got, you can ask to pnp of you province not sure if you can make it Possible in your time frim.

But if you rejected on bowp and you want apply it again for closed wp you can not apply it because you do not have valid wp to apply at that time which is one of the requirement

Johnny1989

Dec 2, 2016
Please anyone help me with this

So there is no option to select The closed work permit in form IMM5710 so that mean we have to select open work permit

Second what we have to select for reason for applying
1)Work permit with same employer
2)initial work permit or work permit with new employer

And if we are going with closed wp does we can pay $100 for open work permit fee and attach the receipt in optional so that if we get aor updated in uci officer can give us open wp

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Please help... is this correct?

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?
No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Worker

Does one of the following apply to you? •I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or•I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes: •Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases•Protected Persons in Canada•Live-in Caregiver in Canada
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who: •Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is: •a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement•a military personnel assigned to Canada•a participant in professional sports activities or events•an employee of a foreign news company•a religious worker
No

Yes

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
Yes

Do you have a written job offer?
No

Please check... is my answers correct? We got our AOR last May2016 (PNP-PR applicant) Thanks a lot in advance.