+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Query

Bexstyla

Feb 13, 2019
Hello,

I have applied for PR through EE - CEC Stream - estimated decision Mid August. My current IEC expires June 21, so we applied about 2 months ago for BOWP - we have not yet had any progress on this BOWP application.

My question is what is we do not get a decision/approval on the BOWP before our IEC expires?

Thank you

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
you should be on implied status then...

there is not much progress on BOWP applications you can see online...now it takes almost 100 days for the application to get processed...once the decision is made you will see your profile updated (ghost update) and the next day-application approved message....usually like that...

Bexstyla

Feb 13, 2019
you should be on implied status then...

there is not much progress on BOWP applications you can see online...now it takes almost 100 days for the application to get processed...once the decision is made you will see your profile updated (ghost update) and the next day-application approved message....usually like that...
This is where I get a little fuzzy.. if we are still waiting for the BOWP approval, but our IEC expires do we automatically go onto implied status or do we have to submit applications for this. can we still work?
Bearly got my head around EE entry and BOWP and now I need to understand Implied Status!

Thank you :)

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
This is where I get a little fuzzy.. if we are still waiting for the BOWP approval, but our IEC expires do we automatically go onto implied status or do we have to submit applications for this. can we still work?
Bearly got my head around EE entry and BOWP and now I need to understand Implied Status!

Thank you :)
I'm on the same page. YES, you can continue working while you wait for BWP. I called immigration and they confirmed this.

Bexstyla

Feb 13, 2019
I'm on the same page. YES, you can continue working while you wait for BWP. I called immigration and they confirmed this.
Thanks for your response. Another issue is i am meeting family in NY june 21 when my IEC expires. Can you still leave the country and return on Implied Status

Reactions: jessy87

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks for your response. Another issue is i am meeting family in NY june 21 when my IEC expires. Can you still leave the country and return on Implied Status
I have no idea about this. probably not. Because you will need BWP to enter Canada? seniors please advise.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Does this applies to Quebec also??? Thanks
I think it's NOT valid for Quebec. Here's a quote from CIG: "Quebec residents are not eligible for a bridging open work permit. Instead, if you hold a valid Certificat de sélection du Québec, you may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit under Labour Market Exemption code A75."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
no you can travel while you are on implied status..better to travel with BWP or PR approval

m.alassaad

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
"If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

muabajwa

Jul 7, 2016
How long is it taking these days to process BOWP? I want to travel back home end of August and return mid/late September but PGWP is expiring on July 26 while I have received medical request for my PR applied based on Alberta Immigration Nomination Program AINP. I am taking my medical end of this month. Contemplating if I should apply for BOWP or my PR will have processed before I leave end of August. Any takers?

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello,

I have applied for PR through EE - CEC Stream - estimated decision Mid August. My current IEC expires June 21, so we applied about 2 months ago for BOWP - we have not yet had any progress on this BOWP application.

My question is what is we do not get a decision/approval on the BOWP before our IEC expires?

Thank you
Hi
Hope you got ur PR.

Could you please help me in applying bridign open workpermit?

I have apply for PR in express entry and my current open work permit is going to expire soon. I have to apply for briding workpermit to keep the status. When I was trying to apply through my online account, it is always leading me to the visitorVISA. could you please provide the weblink or suggestions to apply for bridign workpermit.
Thanks

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi
Hope you got ur PR.

Could you please help me in applying bridign open workpermit?

I have apply for PR in express entry and my current open work permit is going to expire soon. I have to apply for briding workpermit to keep the status. When I was trying to apply through my online account, it is always leading me to the visitorVISA. could you please provide the weblink or suggestions to apply for bridign workpermit.
Thanks
There's a specific order of answers. You have to answer

Temporarily - More than 6 Months

Yes - applied for permanent residence

No - LMIA

Work - purpose of application

Try different combinations till you get to the right one.

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi
Thank you so much for the response.
I logged in to my account and choosen
Determine your eligibility and apply online:

Visitor visa, study or workepermit
What would you like to do in Canada? WORK
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? TEMP MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
Country of residence ? Canada

but still it is leading me to visitor visa made from outside of Canada.
doesnt make any sense to me

Can you please provide the weblink for applying bridign openworkpermit please?